Servicing of convertible roof motoring system.

Re: Servicing of convertible roof motoring system.

I mean why do you need to service ? Is there a problem , or you just want for normal servicing

Midnight1987;1109036 said:
need to service meh?

No need to service. Just that my roof was leaking when heavy rain. Got a contact and it was excellent.

So u have done up and no more leaking ? Where is the leaking point , what is the cost , can share with me?

8 cushion ?

The leaking point was the point where my roof top joint with my windscreen front. Slight leaking after heavy rain. They just added some sealant on the joint and ask me to monitor. They did not charge me.

AMP motorsport at 24 defu lane 12. They are very good. Look for Jornus.

JKN10;1109039 said:
No need to service. Just that my roof was leaking when heavy rain. Got a contact and it was excellent.

mine only super heavy rain then leak alittle bit.

but when jet wash at a correct angle, i get washed too.

Midnight1987;1109357 said:
mine only super heavy rain then leak alittle bit.

but when jet wash at a correct angle, i get washed too.
Where is the leak from?
The jet wash issue is not the roof problem. It's because there is not fix frame between the front and the back windows. I get that during car wash too.

JKN10;1109099 said:
AMP motorsport at 24 defu lane 12. They are very good. Look for Jornus.

Hi JKN10,

did the leak stop for you in the end, i just bought a bmw 320 convertible second hand and i noticed there small leak
on the top right hand side where the top meets the windshield during heavy rain.

Any recommendations?

For the non-hydraulic mechanical moving parts, I use CorrosionX oil to keep all parts lubricated. For the rubber seals, I use Einszett Gummi Pflege to keep the rubber from drying out.

For my roof I use OWS 535 silicone spray: OWS 535 Body Flex Gel

Once a month I apply on all the rubber seals between roof panels, doors and window gaps. I spray the gel onto a sponge and use the sponge to coat all things rubber.

I also apply the spray to all the parts under the roof clips (2nd panel of our roof). Simply spray the gel onto the little clips and springs underneath. The silicone gel will dry up and provide some level of protection against the elements.

Overall wind noise and car insulation also improves after application. I got my can of spray from BVO, about $30+ per can.

Not sure if any other bros also use this product? Would be good to hear other feedback!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vn68bid

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back