Shock absorbers

Re: Shock absorbers

Only differences is pre 8)

Hi Baby1M, Happy Lunar New Year to you too...thanks.....that means I can use the same shock from pre LCI to install in the LCI....hehe

Hi bros,

is b8 good for e90? or the b6 will be good enough ?

if i go with b6 with spring should i go for ?

any recommend?

thanks,

Hearsay B6 use stock springs. B8 for lowered springs ......

Javier Zhang;1068300 said:
Hi bros,

any recommend?

thanks,

Javier Zhang;1068300 said:
Hi bros,

any recommend?

thanks,

I've just changed to B6 with stock spring. Scroll back for my review. Learning to live with far improved grip. Quite an addictive experience to be able to turn in bends at higher speed... But it comes with a firmer ride (read more vibration and higher tire noise level).

It is down to personal choice.... I was told B4 is softer than B6 but firmer than stock. May be you'd consider that if vibrations and noise matter to you a lot.

Maybe your tire pressure is on the high side ?

Fox1;1068332 said:
I've just changed to B6 with stock spring. Scroll back for my review. Learning to live with far improved grip. Quite an addictive experience to be able to turn in bends at higher speed... But it comes with a firmer ride (read more vibration and higher tire noise level).

It is down to personal choice.... I was told B4 is softer than B6 but firmer than stock. May be you'd consider that if vibrations and noise matter to you a lot.

Red_Bean_Bun;1068336 said:
Maybe your tire pressure is on the high side ?

Hmmm... Let me check when I get a chance to get to check. Will report back soon.

Pls dun over inflate as bumpy and the rear will slip off ... braking will be harder ...

Under inflate and FC issues as well as tire wear off faster ...

:)

Oh ya .... morning best time to pump and check tires pressure which is like now ...

:)

Hi Seniors,

My E36 325i E36 is fitted with 17" rims Style 236 rims to accommodate my big brake kit and the tires are align with the fenders.

Currently there is only approximately 10mm clearance between the tires and the fenders which causes the tires to rub against the fenders when I have 2 passengers behind and going over a hump.

I contacted Bilstein and they have a coilover with adjustable height (approximately 20 - 40 mm more) and adjustable damping.
However when I visited J4C and a few other workshops to ask about the installation and they all tell me offset is wrong and this solution will not work.

Can please shed some light on this? Will increasing 0.5 to 1 deg of my wheel inwards work as an alternative?

BMWme;1070008 said:
Hi Seniors,

My E36 325i E36 is fitted with 17" rims Style 236 rims to accommodate my big brake kit and the tires are align with the fenders.

Currently there is only approximately 10mm clearance between the tires and the fenders which causes the tires to rub against the fenders when I have 2 passengers behind and going over a hump.

I contacted Bilstein and they have a coilover with adjustable height (approximately 20 - 40 mm more) and adjustable damping.
However when I visited J4C and a few other workshops to ask about the installation and they all tell me offset is wrong and this solution will not work.

Can please shed some light on this? Will increasing 0.5 to 1 deg of my wheel inwards work as an alternative?

before u adjust the offset, U can try dialling some negative camber and/or roll the fenders

But the best is to not drop yr car too low. I use to use various sports suspensions from diff brands thinking lower = better = faster = sharper on turn = etc smlc also good. Wrong! Now I am back to stock suspension which is beautiful

If yr suspension is not too low, then you wouldn't have tyre hitting fender in the first place.

Below are just some of my experience to share...

Usually, one of the way for the ride to look nice or sart and also to obtain better handling, there will be ppl going for Coilover like what I have done for my previous rides, which has the option not only able to have the flexibility in adjustments of height, also the damping force. However, there are some short comings like higher costs, some ppl would feel more vibrations from their sensitive butt especially for the rear passengers...and there will also be some places or venue that are non-friendly to lowered rides...

When the ride is being lowered, whether to roll fender or not, it will depends on how low you intend to adjust to, whether having full load of passengers most of the time or not, and of course, this also depending on the correct off-set of the rims and tyre dimensions chosed...17" can clear BBK? How many pistons? Both front & rear set? Tyre size...? Me just curious...

Adjusting the camber or even "open the leg" of the tyres would be another option to try counter the lowered ride from contacting or rubbing....but this will also leads to uneven tyre wear, causing higher costs of changing tyres more often...

Still, I would agree with Bro Ahbengdriver, try to stick to stock....or maybe the Bilstein B6 would helps...should be more stiff than the stock or B4...stiffeners not sure would help much or not...

Anyway, above just my 2 cents...

Lower does not always = better handling and better drive.
I think other things related to the suspension set up is more important.
Real life experience - when I first collected my e92 335, the rear bounces when you go above 150kmh on NSH. I thought the stock coilover sucks and too high so I changed from KW V2 to XX to XX to XX. Now I am back to stock M sport suspension. recently I hit around 220kmh and the rear didnt bounce at all. Why? I think bcos the stock subframe bushing and some suspension links of my 335 were replaced by those from the E92 M3 on my car.

Thats why M division is so good in their R&R.

The car now corners, grips and drives like an M335i.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
e2betvnmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back