Should i extend my 3 year warranty to 5 years?

JT39

Hi team,

My 2017 318i sports model's 3 years warranty is expiring soon and i need some wisdom from those who have driven this same model for close to 5 years. My extended 2 years warranty will cost around $1.4K....So may i ask what is the chance that i will make a claim for the next 2 years? If yes, what will be likely issue that my BM will face for the next 2 years?

This will allow me to make a better decision if i can take the risk for the next years....cheers!

This will be dependent on the type of extended warranty that they are providing for the 2 years.

Does it include wear and tear items including battery? If yes, then it is worth it.
Does it include 2-3 more normal servicing schedules FOC? You can consider
- PML servicing about S$400-500 per session
- Site sponsor servicing about S$160++ ~ S$250++
Your call

If its just sudden break down of parts, the only 'worth it' items are the air-con, mechatronics, turbo system (any others, provided they don't say that these are wear and tear items).. Otherwise the other items are cheaper to change at site sponsors or any of your fav ws

my 2 cents

This will be dependent on the type of extended warranty that they are providing for the 2 years.

Does it include wear and tear items including battery? If yes, then it is worth it.
Does it include 2-3 more normal servicing schedules FOC? You can consider
- PML servicing about S$400-500 per session
- Site sponsor servicing about S$160++ ~ S$250++
Your call

If its just sudden break down of parts, the only 'worth it' items are the air-con, mechatronics, turbo system (any others, provided they don't say that these are wear and tear items).. Otherwise the other items are cheaper to change at site sponsors or any of your fav ws

my 2 cents

Hi

Appreciate you feedback.

The extended warranty include wear and tear but not battery. It also doesn"t come with any FOC servicing. FOC servicing will cost another $1700 for up to 100K mileage which i don't think i will buy.

Any recommendation of trusted site sponsors/WS located in the west for servicing?

You should do a search here about warranty claims. Many stories to tell. Many heartaches to claim. Then decide if you want to pay premium!

F30 most common problem is coolant and Engine oil leaks. I have claimed PML warranty over these issues several times together with other issues. Got my battery replaced for free also under warranty. To me, It's a no brainer to extend the warranty to 5yrs. All these probably total up to about $5-6K.

I regretted signing up the service inclusive package thought it would include changing the brake pads. On my last service before it due they said can't change as the brake pad warning indicator still showing OK. lol

I was offered to extend and with the mileage I clock, it was also no brainer for me to go for it. I wanted a peace of mind while enjoying ownership of this vehicle.

I do suggest that you check what is covered and what isn't, so you don't feel 'cheated' if an issue crop up after paying the extra.

It was just my 'luck' that my steering rack had to be replaced a couple of months into the extended warranty. The amount of money saved (=

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
77betink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back