Should i get this for my boy who just got his license

Re: Should i get this for my boy who just got his license

your boy gonna get alot of chicks

i dont think it is a flashy car... its just gonna cost me about $20 depre a day to keep the boy happy for 4 ov years or until he is tired of the toy.

Can't give you advice on the car bro.
But one thing I can advise on is to check with your boy if he likes it or not. From personal experience. But if you have already done so, then no worries.

i have worries on leaking roofs... anyone has exp with metal folding roofs.. i used to drive a cab with fabric roof... and when it rains, i pray for the best and fear e worst

My friend has one.....there is a lot of noise coming from the boot when the roof is kept .....Price looks attractive but not sure the mileage done.

This renault usually suffers from worn engine mounts. Seen 2 cars with problems like that. normally comes out as engine vibrations.

thanks so much for the inputs, i will call to check on the odo before going down, any way to indp look at the car condi whether it matches the odo? have been buying new cars, so dont have such probs, but i think i just have to be more prudent when it comes to giving something to a kid, too much of a good thing may be a bad thing.

get him a bimmer! renaults cant pull enough chicks!

its not for him to pull chicks in the first place, when the old man is working his ass off.

Then you should get him a Jap or Korean car....if your son yan doa and with any car a lot of chicks will become hen in no time

First car is a Cabrio?

You need 1 more son???

My wife became a BMW owner thanks to the sedan version of this car.

She just got so pissed off with all the niggly electrical/electronic problems that she drove into PPSL, saw an E90 she liked and bought it. Can't remember how many times the engine start/stop left her stranded. Freakin' cardkey system damn unreliable. I would imagine this CC uses the same system, since it's the same generation.

opulentgroup;541069 said:
i dont think it is a flashy car... its just gonna cost me about $20 depre a day to keep the boy happy for 4 ov years or until he is tired of the toy.
nice car, help my business partner search eventually secured a deal.

3yrs 1mth car mileage 28,000 , extended warranty with external workshop 2yrs @$1200. All parts. Everything looks cool fr leather seats to the fast open top mechanism. High OMV.
Today went renault showroom due to Re-call. Renault put in effort to locate the car driver. Anyway is due to window regulator suspect design fault & change for free pass warranty period. Nice to drive but 4-speed gearbox so-so. Petrol 9litre/100km but highway 8.5litre/100km. Drove a few times. Showroom service tip top & feel welcome.

Overall rating : 8/10 for the price.
Bad : safety belt very far if driver small size, framless window dun have close door function - as in door closed window then up.

Children of today are so lucky.

In my time, after I got my license, I stole my dad's car key at 3am and drove out to buy cigarettes and smoked till 4am then come back. Then the cb parking lot taken! I no choice parked at another lot and then when my dad asked aloud in the morning how come his car not at the parking lot, I just act blur and say he forgetful and parked at some other lot

Your son should get his own car with his own money ........

LUCKY BOY! i remember when i first got my licence, i had to save like hell to pay for the downpayment to but a .....proton saga! (dun laugh hoh...) hai.....

well it depends on what you as a dad think. But as a dad myself, i rather i co-op his downpayment to make him know the value of money and he choose whatever car he wants... just my 0.00002 cents worth ...:thumbsup:

in the first place u want buy renault cabriolet, u got almost all the choice for a beginner.
so u shld ask wat ur son like not u like since u such a nice father.

Last edited by a moderator:

should get a cheaper car....let him bang bang, scratch, curb rims a bit which is pretty common for new drivers....then buy a better car later on

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gk88works

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back