Should S'pore have bicycle lanes?

Should S'pore have bicycle lanes?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Baby1M

Since Yahoo! News started a Poll on 21 Aug 2012 @ Should Singapore have bicycle lanes on roads? - Yahoo! News Singapore

I decided to start a Poll here in this community, so what are your views? Should Singapore have bicycle lanes on roads?

Mine is simple - SG is too small and congested to have dedicated Bicycle Lane (the 1.5m markings) and it will not solve the problem but rather a mask to 'feel safe' only... and that is how my vote goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Should S'pore have bicycle lanes?

Would expect the TP to book cyclist that goes off the lane if it comes to fruition.....

Baby1M;877724 said:
Since Yahoo! News started a Poll on 21 Aug 2012 @ Should Singapore have bicycle lanes on roads? - Yahoo! News Singapore

I decided to start a Poll here in this community, so what are your views? Should Singapore have bicycle lanes on roads?

Mine is simple - SG is too small and congested to have dedicated Bicycle Lane (the 1.5m markings) and it will not solve the problem but rather a mask to 'feel safe' only... and that is how my vote goes.

when COE hit S$200k maybe we might need bicycle lane.................................................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;877728 said:
when COE hit S$200k maybe we might need bicycle lane.................................................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers
:lol: even then with bicycle lane poping up, I will still avoid cycling on the main roads... its like swimming in an ocean infested with Sharks, do not know when they will take a bite... I will still go with BMW i.e. Bus, MRT and Walk :p

Baby1M;877732 said:
:lol: even then with bicycle lane poping up, I will still avoid cycling on the main roads... its like swimming in an ocean infested with Sharks... I will still go with BMW i.e. Bus, MRT and Walk :p

sorry Public transport also expensive...

go ECO
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;877733 said:
sorry Public transport also expensive...
go ECO
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers
Expensive but manageable compared to a piece of depreciating paper worth S$200k :eek:

If they want a share of the road, then ask them to share road tax, erp, and COE la....

If not, they shld just be glad that ppl at least still give way to them man...

If they wanna use the road, then cars will treat them like motorbikes... When our car stop by the traffic light, are they gonna stop behind us? Or squeeze past us within the 1.5m? If so, we can also squeeze past them within the 1.5m right?

If there is bicycle lane, then why isn't there a motorcycle lane?

if most people realise riding a motorcycle has higher risk than driving a car, but they decide to ride a bicycle on the road, don't they know the risk is even higher?

bicycle lane or not, if a car hits you (that's why it's call accident? anything can happen right), even if the driver is found to be at fault, but the one on the bicycle likely sayonara already?

Ya, I'm all for motorcycle lane.
Why discriminate against motor cyclists?

Because most of them are not good in English and cannot write to minister la , u stupid robot.

Of course yes. Bicycle lane, motorcycle lane, bus lane, taxi lane, pedestrian lane, roller blade lane, jogging lane...give one each la. All cars can park at home.

Seraphblade;877737 said:
If they want a share of the road, then ask them to share road tax, erp, and COE la....

If not, they shld just be glad that ppl at least still give way to them man...

If they wanna use the road, then cars will treat them like motorbikes... When our car stop by the traffic light, are they gonna stop behind us? Or squeeze past us within the 1.5m? If so, we can also squeeze past them within the 1.5m right?

n u r exactly the type singaporeans we do not need. u know...typical mindset because u arrived u can afford a car..u feel the whole world needs to bow to u cos u hv some small money. singaporeans r very sad people.

there r good motorists n there r bad ones. same for cyclists. i believe there shud be limited cycling lanes. not in CBD etc. maybe along mandai or CCK. i also believe that cyclists shud be registered in a limited capacity. made to understand some rules or some form of highway code.

Lets keep it civil...I hope, no personal attack except as close buddy humour. Everyone is entitled to each own opinion regardless if its right or wrong since right/wrong from one's perspective can be wrong/right to another.

Cheerz.

they shd hav, but on the pavement, not the road. OR if on the road, have a clear seperation marking or at least some sort of obstacle to prevent users from crossing onto the main roads. and whenever such lanes are around, if bicycles are still on the streets, fine or bicycle impounded. + stricter enforcement of highway code on cyclist.

Nagoya_Bicycle_Lane.jpg

They should also allow Segways on the roads, while they are at it....

Mockngbrd;877767 said:
they shd hav, but on the pavement, not the road.

oh F off mock. u know thats not possible...n im bring totally unbiased here u know.

totoseow;877768 said:
these r the rules n facts. many do not know. cyclists r allowed to cycle 2 abreast.....
Ah, true, many do not know plus many many FT to add to the don't know :lol: - Refering to the pix u posted.

totoseow;877770 said:
oh F off mock. u know thats not possible...n im bring totally unbiased here u know.
why dun u f off too. i also unbiased here u know. come see how many riders ride along the road happy happy turn into pedestrian and zip across zebra crossings without any regard for anything

Baby1M;877771 said:
Ah, true, many do not know plus many many FT to add to the don't know :lol: - Refering to the pix u posted.

n thats why i said im unbiased. these guys r not cyclists imo. ya fine them throw them off the roads. im also no big fan of clubs like ANZA who muscle their way thru traffic.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back