Side Mirror Adjust and Reverse Tilt not Working

gaz

Hi, about two weeks back my sidemirror couldnt tilt when put on reverse, now it can never been adjusted. Yesterday, the driver side couldnt be adjusted. I was told that the side mirror motor could be faulty. To change one is about $400 plus. Does anyone know if i could get 2nd hand for the motor? Can anyone advice? Thanks

Re: Side Mirror Adjust and Reverse Tilt not Working

Find Bro Milk of Propel...he should have

gaz;392975 said:
Hi, about two weeks back my sidemirror couldnt tilt when put on reverse, now it can never been adjusted. Yesterday, the driver side couldnt be adjusted. I was told that the side mirror motor could be faulty. To change one is about $400 plus. Does anyone know if i could get 2nd hand for the motor? Can anyone advice? Thanks

Hi gaz, I had the same problem previously but upon checking by the workshop, it is only some faulty codes which can be cleared easily. So unless you are absolutely sure it is the motor, otherwise, no need to spend so much :)

Hey C3P0,

You mean the side mirror operation can even be jammed due to some code error?
So surprised to know that BMW side mirror is computer controlled too.
Is there any way we can set the tilt angle or does it simply tilt down to the max?

Regards
Jason

Jason8822;393013 said:
Hey C3P0,

You mean the side mirror operation can even be jammed due to some code error?
So surprised to know that BMW side mirror is computer controlled too.
Is there any way we can set the tilt angle or does it simply tilt down to the max?

Regards
Jason

Yes, can be jammed due to code error. Mine happens after I changed my mirror - the wiring/ribbons may not be connected properly...

I am not sure for E60. For E46 it can be adjusted. You can check out these threads on E60:
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/interi...irror-reverse-tilt.html?highlight=mirror+tilt
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/help-w...lt-while-reserving.html?highlight=mirror+tilt
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/help-w...ck-after-reversing.html?highlight=mirror+tilt

Bro C3PO, thanks for the input. I didnt realise that it could be due to faulty code error. I was very reluctant to have it replaced as the workshop that i went to, simply told me that a brand new motor needs to be installed, without even checking on anything ! damn.....if that's the way to go, i guess everyone can open their own workshop. That's why i'm not convinced coz it went kaput pretty systematically, and now the driver side cant be adjusted.

And my car keeps on having the 'rear brake light not working warning' even when the bulb had been replaced. Hiya.....that workshop like Performance........no 2nd option, just change new. So simple.

Anyway bro, can you recommend workshops that i can go to and people to look for who may help in this small hiccup?:

Bro SSzone, who is this MILK from Propel ? is Propel another BMW workshop? If yes can gimme the address?

gaz;393017 said:
Bro C3PO, thanks for the input. I didnt realise that it could be due to faulty code error. I was very reluctant to have it replaced as the workshop that i went to, simply told me that a brand new motor needs to be installed, without even checking on anything ! damn.....if that's the way to go, i guess everyone can open their own workshop. That's why i'm not convinced coz it went kaput pretty systematically, and now the driver side cant be adjusted.

And my car keeps on having the 'rear brake light not working warning' even when the bulb had been replaced. Hiya.....that workshop like Performance........no 2nd option, just change new. So simple.

Anyway bro, can you recommend workshops that i can go to and people to look for who may help in this small hiccup?:

That's why our forum exists, to help each other. People thought robot only knows about Sandy, actually I know about damalu also ok!

Wah, which workshop you went to, PM me le :) I must avoid ha ha ha.

Anyway, you can either go BVO or J4C to get your mirror problem resolved (there may be other workshops that can do this, other bros here may like to advise Gaz). I hope it is just the code, otherwise it could cause a fortune. :)

Anyway, are you a guy or a girl? If girl, I can help you fix your mirror de :lol2:

gaz;393018 said:
Bro SSzone, who is this MILK from Propel ? is Propel another BMW workshop? If yes can gimme the address?

MILK is an opaque white liquid produced by the mammary glands of female mammals (including monotremes). It provides the primary source of nutrition for newborn mammals before they are able to digest other types of food.

Ok, sorry sorry, I am just talking crap. you may like to refer to this thread for info:
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/propel-auto-parts-pte-ltd/19224-about-propel-auto-parts.html

bro, do give me a call at 91660170, i think i may be able to help u on this cuz i had this problem b4 n i had solved it.

Hiya, guy la. We met before at Fong Kim when you changed to the BC coilover. I'm driving the silver E46. wil try out J4Cars. and se what they say.

gaz;393022 said:
Hiya, guy la. We met before at Fong Kim when you changed to the BC coilover. I'm driving the silver E46. wil try out J4Cars. and se what they say.

Ooooopssss......:lol2: ......

btw, you changed your mirror already? If not, there's AC mirrors for sale I think...

C3P0;393015 said:
Yes, can be jammed due to code error. Mine happens after I changed my mirror - the wiring/ribbons may not be connected properly...

I am not sure for E60. For E46 it can be adjusted. You can check out these threads on E60:
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/interi...irror-reverse-tilt.html?highlight=mirror+tilt
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/help-w...lt-while-reserving.html?highlight=mirror+tilt
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/help-w...ck-after-reversing.html?highlight=mirror+tilt

Thanks man

I'm having this problem where my left side mirror doesnt go back to it's original postion afer reversing. Even though it doesn tilt back, it ended up tilting back either too high or too low.

Anyone has this problem?

when you cleared the codes...exactly what codes are you referring to...are they error codes or are they some memory codes in the computer?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thabetpi
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back