Side mirror cannot fold??

Re: Side mirror cannot fold??

Mine is on driver side so I wind down the window and use my hand to pull it down as I press the button. Car is left with 2 years, no point going anything

Yup same driver side mirror problem, can retract but cannot extend back, can still hear the motor running though.

Same issue with driver side mirror.
Can fold up but can't extend out.
Motor is obviously running inside.
Can motor be repaired or must replace whole motor assembly?
if can repair, any workshop to recommend for repair

Hop Nat;1091918 said:
My 06 E66 mirror passenger side can fold up but cannot fold down. Can hear motor still running. Fixed my mirror at sggarage.com. Price call them to check. Very good service. At the same time did terraclean, change engine oil and filter and aircon servicing/flush there. Car feels smoother and more responsive after terraclean and oil change. Not related to them, just sharing lobang :)

Thanks for sharing the lobang. Just fixed my driver side mirror with them for $150 :)

Cool. Tks. Will be visiting them soon. Mine also drivers side can't unfold.

I have the same problem on the driver's side mirror. My mechanic told me there are gears inside the sealed compartment. I have one swapped out faulty mirror and I have drilled some holes on the sealed compartment, I can see there is one big metal gear that drives the mirror to fold and unfold. If that gear is worn, it won't stopped at the proper position when it fold up. As the position exceeded the normal position, the motor cannot unfold it normally.
There is no way to fix but to replace it.
Cheers

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebrandingstudio

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back