Signs of "Eating" Engine Oil.........

Re: Signs of "Eating" Engine Oil.........

Red_Bean_Bun;1096043 said:
Hearsay that JB WS got banned for ripping guys off ......

Which JB WS is this ? You mean that JB WS that everybody goes to in Permas Jaya ?

Hi...I realized my burnt smell came from left side of engine but I can't see any visible oil leaks. Can anyone here advice or have to experience with this? I dun want go WS and kena chop carrot by them. My engine oil consumption is almost like 1l per 1.5 km..

wegona;1097166 said:
Hi...I realized my burnt smell came from left side of engine but I can't see any visible oil leaks. Can anyone here advice or have to experience with this? I dun want go WS and kena chop carrot by them. My engine oil consumption is almost like 1l per 1.5 km..
People here recommend r2d

New here, got a 2nd Beemer...same problem as you, burnt smell. WS says need to replace Engine Valve Cover. After replacing cover no longer has smoke coming out from bonnet area and no burnt smell.

Previously only notice the white smoke when start car, after 1min or so the smoke seems to disappear.

I deduce that when u start car the heat is probably burning of oil spilt from yesterday's drive, after engine shut maybe never burn off completely. So next morning when u start car it will continue to burn of the excess oil. After u drive of you won't be able to see the smoke as the wind will carry the smoke to the back from below or wherever.

But when u come to a stop after 5sec or so you should be able to see the smoke.

Anyway just a guess on my part. Cos some WS says white smoke in the morning is normal....Do note It's NOT NORMAL.

wegona;1097166 said:

WS that say white smoke in the morning is normal, normally is not a normal WS.

The smoke comes from the bonnet because engine oil leaked upon the exhaust pipe (just after or below engine). When morning engine starts, the heat from the exhaust pipe vaporise the engine oil on it, so white smoke coming from your bonnet. Check for the leak and repair it. Mine was done at R2D during my e46 days

btw does anyone know how to check if the engine oil sensor is working?

My Engine oil always shows 3/4 of the 1 litre mark. Before and After repair still showing the same reading.

Bro i think my ride leak oil too every 2 week have to topup 1litre can u advise me where to repair the valve seal in jb and how long it will take.

Ken9842;1106111 said:
Bro i think my ride leak oil too every 2 week have to topup 1litre can u advise me where to repair the valve seal in jb and how long it will take.

u can follow Aaron thread that was made sticky - white smoke xxxxxxx

a lot of owners here go to this WS in permas jaya, costing average of 1000rm and takes 3 hours dedicated. (provided there is no other cars doing this same valve seal repairs, only 2 mechanics are skilled in this task)

It is my assumption that your valve seals are worn, and I might be wrong. If so, the above do not apply.

For sharing - watch the mechanic do it instead of lazing around, and insist that NO SEALANT is used to glue your new rubber gaskets.

if you are changing your valve seals, if you plan to keep the car for long, can pay a bit more and change the piston rings. more horses freed up via less blow by

Hello-Gorgeous;1107159 said:
if you are changing your valve seals, if you plan to keep the car for long, can pay a bit more and change the piston rings. more horses freed up via less blow by

What is a less blow by?

Signs of "Eating" Engine Oil.........

Repeat post

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j88events
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups