Singapore reshuffles Cabinet - 3 New Ministries

Centurion9990

display_image.php

SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong will make several changes to his Cabinet and other appointments, effective from August 1, 2012 and further changes effective from November 1, 2012.

The Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports (MCYS) and the Ministry of Information, Communications and the Arts (MICA) will be restructured to form three new ministries.

They are the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF), the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY), and the Ministry of Communications and Information (MCI). All three ministries will be established on November 1.

Mr Tharman Shanmugaratnam will relinquish his appointment as Minister for Manpower. He will remain as Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Finance and Chairman of the Monetary Authority of Singapore.

Mr Lui Tuck Yew will relinquish his appointment as Second Minister for Foreign Affairs.

Mr S Iswaran will remain in his current appointments. As the Second Minister for Trade and Industry (MTI), he will have specific responsibility for industry-related research and development, energy and tourism, while continuing to assist Minister for Trade and Industry Lim Hng Kiang in other areas of MTI's work.

Ms Grace Fu Hai Yien will be promoted to full minister. She will become Minister in the Prime Minister's Office, Second Minister for the Environment and Water Resources and Second Minister for Foreign Affairs. Ms Fu will also assist DPM Teo Chee Hean on population matters.

Dr Yaacob Ibrahim will become the Minister for Communications and Information on November 1, 2012 when the new ministry is established. He will continue to be the Minister-in-charge of Muslim Affairs.

Mr Chan Chun Sing, Mr Tan Chuan-Jin, Mr Lawrence Wong, Mr Lee Yi Shyan and Mr Masagos Zulkifli will be promoted to Senior Ministers of State (SMS).

Mr Chan Chun Sing will relinquish his appointment as the Minister of State for Information, Communications and the Arts, and be appointed as Senior Minister of State for Defence.

He will remain as Acting Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports. Mr Chan will become the Acting Minister for Social and Family Development when the Ministry of Social and Family Development is established on November 1, 2012.

Mr Tan Chuan-Jin will become the Acting Minister for Manpower and Senior Minister of State for National Development.

Mr Lawrence Wong will relinquish his appointment as Minister of State for Defence and be appointed Senior Minister of State for Information, Communications and the Arts.

He will continue as Senior Minister of State for Education until November 1, 2012, when he becomes the Acting Minister for Culture, Community and Youth and Senior Minister of State for Communications and Information.

Mr Lee Yi Shyan and Mr Masagos Zulkifli will remain in their respective ministries.

Ms Indranee Rajah will be appointed Senior Minister of State for Law and Education from November 1, 2012. This is a new appointment.

Dr Amy Khor will be appointed the Minister of State for Manpower, concurrent with her present appointment as Minister of State for Health. She will also remain as the Mayor of South West CDC.

Mdm Halimah Yacob will be appointed the Minister of State for Social and Family Development from November 1, 2012.

Mr Sam Tan Chin Siong will be posted to the new Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth as Senior Parliamentary Secretary on 1 Nov 2012. He will concurrently be the Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Foreign Affairs and Mayor of Central CDC.

Ms Sim Ann will relinquish her appointment as Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Law and be appointed Senior Parliamentary Secretary in the Ministry of Communications and Information on November 1, 2012.

She will continue as the Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Education.

Associate Professor Muhammad Faishal bin Ibrahim will be appointed Parliamentary Secretary in the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Transport.

- CNA/wm

Re: Singapore reshuffles Cabinet - 3 New Ministries

I remembered Grace Fu KPKB when ministerial pay review was announced. And now she will be promoted to full minister. Earnings up. Song song again. Sacrifices are worth it! :liar::liar::liar:

Certainly looks like BG Lee... wants to surround himself with Generals... possible coup to over throw the opposition when opposition gets 60.1%? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

OOOPS, sorry, I meant PM Lee and not BG Lee.

Last edited by a moderator:

living standard is not affected ... phew :shhhh:

Centurion9990;863932 said:
I remembered Grace Fu KPKB when ministerial pay review was announced. And now she will be promoted to full minister. Earnings up. Song song again. Sacrifices are worth it! :liar::liar::liar:

Last edited by a moderator:

Congrats........................................

Huat Ah...........
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

wow ... one person can hold how many positions?

Give you face tell you, dun tell you also like that.
Democracy is not dead.... It just didn't exist in our land.

Wait for annoucement of G.S.T. increase...Song Boh :D

why no ministry of sexiology

wt_know;864046 said:
wow ... one person can hold how many positions?

singapore nt very big..wait we or other country shoot why minister paid so much..they can reply..'knn, i multitask lehz, no lifez lehz rox'

whymehor;864100 said:
singapore nt very big..wait we or other country shoot why minister paid so much..they can reply..'knn, i multitask lehz, no lifez lehz rox'

I quote what Grace Fu commented before:

"When I made the decision to join politics in 2006, pay was not akey factor. Loss of privacy, public scrutiny on myself and my family and loss of personal time were. The disruption to my career was also an important consideration.

"I had some ground to believe that my family would not suffer a drastic change in the standard of living even though I experienced a drop in my income. So it is with this recent pay cut. If the balance is tilted further in the future, it will make it harder for any one considering political office."

Not easy to be a politician here you know.

of cos not easy la, u try to wayang 8 hours a day see can tahan bo?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
igo88one
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back