Slight tuck fwd whenever I slow down to stop on a traffic liffic light

Re: Slight tuck fwd whenever I slow down to stop on a traffic liffic light

Pitt;673723 said:
What is TWM.? Additional warranty which can be purchased? If yes wats the damage I am keen as my car no more warranty.
Hi Bro,

i am on their Warranty plan....i was quoted about $550-$600 per year, and decided to take for 2 years. Hence what happens is that they will inspect your car....check for parts that are faulty and need repairing before the warranty kicks in. And you have to bear this repair cost (1time payment depending on how bad is your car's condition). For me i had to fork out about $1500 as they said the the Transmission was faulty and they installed a recon one(valve and all); gasket and some other things. so in total i paid approx $1100 for 2 years warranty + $1500 for the initial repair = $2600. This warranty is only for damaged/faulty parts and does not cover pipes/hoses and other wear and tear like suspension/brakes. just wanted to have that sense of security.....i think....anyway weigh the options...and decide if this is what you want...also there are some treads on this matter...try search TWM or Khang Auto.

Good luck bro.

Does this jerky gear problem only happens on 320 or across 318, 320, 323 & 325? Seems like majority of the complains are 320 models. ????

all the way from 318 to 325 :biggun:
you see a lot of reported problems on 318/320 is due to its large population

nivlac;685086 said:
Does this jerky gear problem only happens on 320 or across 318, 320, 323 & 325? Seems like majority of the complains are 320 models. ????

wt_know;685088 said:
all the way from 318 to 325 :biggun:
you see a lot of reported problems on 318/320 is due to its large population

Oooo Tats quite disheartening to know... As I'm intending to purchase one.

It's nothing to worry about. A used car will always not be as good as it is when new. At least a BMW is largely reliable and smooth with very good handling!

nivlac;685086 said:

Well if it is of any value to you, this happens on my 523i as well. I don't find it a bother. Just have to get used to anticipating the tuck forward and then applying more pressure to the brake pedal after the initial braking action.

I mean, there are only two pedals, one brake one gas. How difficult is it to train your foot to modulate pressure on the brake pedal?

Somebody mentioned this tuck forward only happens when he has been driving like a senior citizen. I can confirm that it is true. When i drive the 523i hard and brake hard at the lights, this doesn't happen. This only happens when i drive and brake like guniang.

Last edited by a moderator:

+1 ... BMW engine must be whacked hard for it to listen obediently :thumbsup:

smokeyrobinson;686047 said:
Well if it is of any value to you, this happens on my 523i as well. I don't find it a bother. Just have to get used to anticipating the tuck forward and then applying more pressure to the brake pedal after the initial braking action.

I mean, there are only two pedals, one brake one gas. How difficult is it to train your foot to modulate pressure on the brake pedal?

Somebody mentioned this tuck forward only happens when he has been driving like a senior citizen. I can confirm that it is true. When i drive the 523i hard and brake hard at the lights, this doesn't happen. This only happens when i drive and brake like guniang.

smokeyrobinson;686047 said:

+1

drive hard and punish the car, it feels damn good

Yup whack it hard and strangely the car never tucks. Stuck in a jam it justs keep tucking!

Just pop by BVO to let Ah wee update the software. No tuck so far hopefully its stays that way and not come back. Read somewhere(not this forum) that after this adaption, we need to drive the car in a certain manner in order to acheive optimum effect....trying to search the post now.
Thumbs up for Ah wee prompt and fast service.

Terras14;688677 said:
Just pop by BVO to let Ah wee update the software. No tuck so far hopefully its stays that way and not come back. Read somewhere(not this forum) that after this adaption, we need to drive the car in a certain manner in order to acheive optimum effect....trying to search the post now.
Thumbs up for Ah wee prompt and fast service.

bro, what is the damage?

80 plus gst. Took less than 30mins

I experience a big jerk when I decelerrate v fast and come to a full stop. I can basically feel the downshift from 5-4-3-2-1 and a jerk on every shift.

Is my gear box gg to chui soon?

Is pml the only place to do reprogramming? Mine is a 320i yr06 and warranty now with TWM.

you can also do re-programming at BVO ... $80+ :thumbsup:

jeremylby;708488 said:
I experience a big jerk when I decelerrate v fast and come to a full stop. I can basically feel the downshift from 5-4-3-2-1 and a jerk on every shift.

Is my gear box gg to chui soon?

Is pml the only place to do reprogramming? Mine is a 320i yr06 and warranty now with TWM.

Hmmm... I just got a 06 e90, same problem as described in the thread... Sent to boss motorsports, john the workshop manager ran the test for me confirmed the jerk and proceed w the software upgrade, took about 3 hours total. He told me all problems resolved, however the drive home showed my jerk forward was still there:( called him back, told me to give it a few days and brake 15 seconds at traffic lights?? cost me $150

Thinking of gg to look up ah wee, anyone knows if they open saturdays?

Last edited by a moderator:

Riposte;710033 said:
Hmmm... I just got a 06 e90, same problem as described in the thread... Sent to boss motorsports, john the workshop manager ran the test for me confirmed the jerk and proceed w the software upgrade, took about 3 hours total. He told me all problems resolved, however the drive home showed my jerk forward was still there:( called him back, told me to give it a few days and brake 15 seconds at traffic lights?? cost me $150

Thinking of gg to look up ah wee, anyone knows if they open saturdays?

I had my servicing done at M&Q Auto yesterday. Told the boss, Mr Ang, about this forward jerk problem and he helped to clear out the adaptation using his diagnostics pad. He also cleared out all the learnings and so forth. So far so good. No more jerks.

FYI, I had the adaptions cleared by PML more than 18 months ago before warranty ran out and it was good until recently. It seems like the adaptation will somehow do this jerk thing after a while. No charge for the service, btw.

pengful;710065 said:
I had my servicing done at M&Q Auto yesterday. Told the boss, Mr Ang, about this forward jerk problem and he helped to clear out the adaptation using his diagnostics pad. He also cleared out all the learnings and so forth. So far so good. No more jerks.

FYI, I had the adaptions cleared by PML more than 18 months ago before warranty ran out and it was good until recently. It seems like the adaptation will somehow do this jerk thing after a while. No charge for the service, btw.

I just got back from BVO, ah wee and his magic pad did the trick for me, however, tough lesson learnt though.

Boss motorsports cost me $150 for software upgrade, didnt work,

BVO cost me another $80, at least it did work, he did however mention the problem may come back again anytime btwn 6months to a year.

M&Q auto did it for free or did i interpret wrongly? Learnings and so forth would mean, reset to factory settings i suppose?

Many thanks in advance:):):)

Been Reading this thread with great interest, as i too have experienced the jerk whenever i come to a stop at the traffic lights.
initially my wife says i let go of the brakes (which i didn't) and it was quite pronounced!

brought it o PML a couple weeks back and like some of our brothers on this thread, was told that a reprogramming is required to 'solve' the problem.
paid about sgd$200 for it and didn't work. then we brought it back to them again. this time they said my brake valve was faulty. changed that ($$$$) still didn't solve the problem.

you guys get the trend here. everytime we bring it back. we pay for something that's unrelated. they just happy to 'try' to solve our problem. come in fix something earn some money and then we go back for more 'pain'. Just me nagging.

anyways, the jerk usually happens when i drive the car hard. and then come to a stop at the traffic lights. the jerk usually happens about 5-10secs later.

just tried the adaptive driver reset. hope it works. otherwise just go there for more 'pain'

warranty's expired, so any bros out there have any ideas.

jvhuiz

jvhuiz;710274 said:
Been Reading this thread with great interest, as i too have experienced the jerk whenever i come to a stop at the traffic lights.
initially my wife says i let go of the brakes (which i didn't) and it was quite pronounced!

brought it o PML a couple weeks back and like some of our brothers on this thread, was told that a reprogramming is required to 'solve' the problem.
paid about sgd$200 for it and didn't work. then we brought it back to them again. this time they said my brake valve was faulty. changed that ($$$$) still didn't solve the problem.

you guys get the trend here. everytime we bring it back. we pay for something that's unrelated. they just happy to 'try' to solve our problem. come in fix something earn some money and then we go back for more 'pain'. Just me nagging.

anyways, the jerk usually happens when i drive the car hard. and then come to a stop at the traffic lights. the jerk usually happens about 5-10secs later.

just tried the adaptive driver reset. hope it works. otherwise just go there for more 'pain'

warranty's expired, so any bros out there have any ideas.

jvhuiz

I think many people here feel and understand your pain. :dramamam:

Anyways just a disclaimer, its obvious from my posts i am not related to any workshop, just wanna help out a fellow bimmer with his problem.

Mines an 06 PFL E90, same problem tucking forward, solved in 20mins by ah wee at BVO for $80. Very satisfied with the result, 100% gone, enjoy cruising and no longer afraid of stopping again =))

If u see my previous post you will find i spent some money elsewhere on software updates, which for me, and apparently yourself doesnt work. haha

Good luck!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fun88141
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back