SMG 6 Spd - When to change gears?

Re: SMG 6 Spd - When to change gears?

the subject is 'smg maintenance' my boy

oh, i interpreted his opening stem as asking for feedback on both SMG and Z4 maintenance. my bad. everything i said is OT then. MUAHAHAHA.

louis;136672 said:
Alex, do you park your car out in the sun for extended periods of time? if you don't i suggest you do just to find out if you have this problem.

this is something you will want to fix under warranty. the owner of your previous interlagos blue Z also had his replaced, and he told me that the cost of the steering column replacement is somewhere in the region of the chery QQ without COE.

Thanks for your info, I will try one day. On my previous Z4, I did not notice any prob with the steering. I only find the undercarriage scaping too much to bear. So when this current Z4 comes along, I did the swap. No more scarping undercarriage even with big road humps.

However, I heard that the owner after me of the previous Z4, also sell liao, don't know what is the matter?

Alex Z;136811 said:
Thanks for your info, I will try one day. On my previous Z4, I did not notice any prob with the steering. I only find the undercarriage scaping too much to bear. So when this current Z4 comes along, I did the swap. No more scarping undercarriage even with big road humps.

However, I heard that the owner after me of the previous Z4, also sell liao, don't know what is the matter?

chit chat over kopi one day and i'll share with you. i think i owe xkrim3 some nuggets.... join us if you have time lor. time for a Z meet

you would not have noticed any problems in that Z because the owner had it swapped out under warranty already.

ok, kopi one day.

recently I noticed that the gear swtiching from 1 to 2 and 2 to 1 is quite loud. other gear shifts has no issue. If this normal?

the gear shifts on it own when the car speed drops, in order to match. occasionally it stops at 2nd gear even though my ride has stopped. i manually down shift it.

you mean even at a dead stop its still at gear 2?
That's not a very good sign... I find that if my car is very slowly creeping forward in a jam it will not shift to 1. But at red lights it does shifts to gear 1...

yes, most of the times it goes to1. so far 2 times it does not shift to 1.

in addition, engaging reverse is slower than auto. but that is fine for me.

Whether it shifts to gear 1 or not at crawling speed depends on the SMG software programming IMO. I think that's the right way. U dont want your car to move to gear 1 too quickly in most driivng circumstances.

could yours be the infamous "blue dot" SMG management programme?

louis;138082 said:
could yours be the infamous "blue dot" SMG management programme?

Sorry, I dont understand. What is "blue dot"?

Louis wtf is blue dot management program. Don't simply scare people can?

Blue Dot only happens to the earlier SMG cars. In short, it's the gremlins of the earlier batch of SMG programme, but when I asked PML, they say no such thing. Anyway in Sg, they don change the EGS for the SMG, they only re-programme them...

Anyway for the 6sp SMG gearbox, it's inherent that the change grom R to 1 and vice versa is quite slow.. It's normal

jaskin;138138 said:
Louis wtf is blue dot management program. Don't simply scare people can?

whatever piggyboyz just said. and to check if you are one of the lucky few, look for the EGS and if yours is one of the faulty units, it will have a blue dot sticker on it where the parts label is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back