SMRT fined S$2m for December train disruptions

Re: SMRT fined S$2m for December train disruptions

no clawback of former CEO's salary? like that ive really no respect for GLCs liao, CEO can anyhow run the show then got problem just quit n leave the sh!t to public shareholders who suffer crashing share price... farking stupid man. Global fund mgrs if theyre smart just selloff all the GLCs shares liao before more of such sh!t occurs

Much as I was disgusted and flabbergasted by the mismanagement of SMRT, I do think that the maximum sentence handed down by the court is the right one.

I think we need to hold the government accountable for their mistakes, yet be fair to them when they try to make things right. We shouldn't put them into a "damn if they do, damn if they don't" situation:
1. We complain that they let SMRT off lightly and nepotism if the sentence is light
2. We are skeptical about "left pocket, right pocket wayang-ing" if maximum sentence is imposed

Of course, the MoT, LTA and SMRT's silly responses are completely different matters altogether and are open seasons for criticism and brickbats...

There should at least be accountability. Take back the bonus paid to that ugly CEO all those years she was in office. SHe did not deserve it.

shd just give 50% off fares for 2 yrs so the ppl who were REALLY AFFECTED actually benefits

doing so is punishing shareholders
retail investors are innocent (ie: ah pek and ah ma who buy SMRT share for its dividends payout instead of the obscene

Last edited by a moderator:

smrt will increase fares to recover this 2 million.commuters will have to pay for their fine.
should have freezed them from increasing fares for 5 years instead.
its another wayang show for the mob.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
45678dev
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back