Software Update for PI Vehicle.

Hi, I've a 2011 F12 640 Conv. I've been reading that the older BMW Models manufactured prior to Sept 2011 have an issue where the vehicle can easily be stolen due to a bug in the car program by coding the keyless entry keys. My vehicle is a PI car and it was originally from the UK, which presumably has this issue. I'm concerned and wish to fix this issue. Would BMW Singapore carry out the program update on behalf of UK? Anyone i can speak to? What are the risks associated with software updating the vehicle? Any insight would be good. Thanks!

BBC One - Watchdog - BMW - Open to car theft?

Re: Software Update for PI Vehicle.

Check with site sponsor codewerx... I did my update with them.

itchyfingers;1090891 said:
Hi, I've a 2011 F12 640 Conv. I've been reading that the older BMW Models manufactured prior to Sept 2011 have an issue where the vehicle can easily be stolen due to a bug in the car program by coding the keyless entry keys. My vehicle is a PI car and it was originally from the UK, which presumably has this issue. I'm concerned and wish to fix this issue. Would BMW Singapore carry out the program update on behalf of UK? Anyone i can speak to? What are the risks associated with software updating the vehicle? Any insight would be good. Thanks!

BBC One - Watchdog - BMW - Open to car theft?

Please call LTA Vehicle Engineering for assistance, they are trying to get BMW Asia to be responsible for this Recall. Also, our N55 engine has a vanos issue, a recall that BMW Asia just kept quiet about it.

Cheers...

DevilAngel;1091400 said:
Please call LTA Vehicle Engineering for assistance, they are trying to get BMW Asia to be responsible for this Recall. Also, our N55 engine has a vanos issue, a recall that BMW Asia just kept quiet about it.

Cheers...

Hey! i've read that this affects cars manufactured after 2011. My vehicle is manufactured after 2011, and i should be safe! Thanks for the tip though!

Glad that your update was successful.

Tony also managed to finish the job for me although was not so straightforward as well because I have retrofitted my NBT prior to that. Kind of complicated because of this and plus some other issues.

The important thing is the job was completed and all errors were cleared. Thumbs up for him :thumbsup:.

itchyfingers;1095164 said:
Dude, Did the update successfully with Tony. Here is my review of his work

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/codewerx/83441-codewerx-services-bmw-f-series-5.html#post1095163

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamefa88
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back