Sola Films

Re: Sola Films

vtanwk;141041 said:
Hi! any recommenation for solar film betwen Vkool and Huper Optik and 3M?

thanks

I've used Huper Optik and V-Kool and would recommend V-Kool. My E90 and wife's Wish is done up with V-Kool. The E90 cannot take the Premier package, so I chose the UV70 package--similiar shade front and back. The Sin Ming w/s workmanship is good.

I use 3M on my E60 and it does not require any cut-outs on the IU like some brands.
Totally amazing when driving long distances and u dun really feel the heat bites on your hands under strong sunlight.

am on 3M also and must agree with tetra_man, good stuff this, no biting nor searing feeling unlike my previous ride's solar film, try it!!

For me, its the 2nd car on 3M. I like the non-reflective screen and i think it offers the best heat rejection. I have tried V-kool, Nanolux and cool&lite. But i must admit, my E46 is using the darkest package for al the side glass (tested 53% VLT, so my driver's glass cannot pass) But i must admit it looks COOL.....ha hah

V-KOOL got the best overall heat rejection but got its disadvantage i.e. to cut off at the IU.
3M overall heat rejection is not as good but no un-sightly cut at IU.

If compare UV rejection & Infra-Red rays (of the same light transmission films), seem like 3M rated higher, but no sure though, 3M's UV rejection & Infra-Red rays rejection rated better than V-Kool but yet overall heat rejection not better than V-Kool???

fooman700;141672 said:
am on 3M also and must agree with tetra_man, good stuff this, no biting nor searing feeling unlike my previous ride's solar film, try it!!

Hi bros,

How much does it cost to install 3M on the car (the premium package)? I usually go for the darkest tint.

TIA.

Regards

3M sounds int.
I prefer the darkest, yet can passed LTA guidelines film.
Need not be premium.

The vkool ones is abt 600+.

How much would the 3M ones be, and where can 1 get it?

I did 3M 2 weeks back, premium plus package @ $900. Did mine @ Turf City and I think they have another branch @ Ubi.

If you just want it dark without concern on heat, they have a lower range product that is really dark, think its about $600 (not very sure). Best is call them up and ask. Their number is 64678272.

Does 3M gives the darkest shade with LTA approval?

Huper Optik is quite crappy in my experience.
But I gotta give credit to the guys who installed it......superb workmanship.
I got mine done 2.5yrs ago at the shop next to Nissan Tan Cheong. It carries V-Kool too.

TripleM;162148 said:
Huper Optik is quite crappy in my experience.
But I gotta give credit to the guys who installed it......superb workmanship.
I got mine done 2.5yrs ago at the shop next to Nissan Tan Cheong. It carries V-Kool too.

At what percentage?

Thought I saw you in Parkway yesterday.

I think I did too...

My HO is LTA Compliant , cant remember what % darkness. It's pretty light.
What I dont like bout the HO is the promised heat rejection. It's crap. My cabin gets warm fast even the car just comes outta sheltered carpark..

Won't ever use that brand again. I'd like to try the Cool N Nite..think they are good

My friend is doing V-Kool, so may support him at Toh Guan.

Any advise on what % is LTA approved and what % is not.

The light transmittance for the front windscreen n two front passenger windows must be at least 70%

As for rear windscreen n the rear passenger windows must be at least 25 %

maybe can try Lextint... if u are only going for looks... cheap cheap... whole car... S$250.00! finish in 2 hours time... workmanship also good...

Kiddy M;162166 said:
maybe can try Lextint... if u are only going for looks... cheap cheap... whole car... S$250.00! finish in 2 hours time... workmanship also good...

How dark are they? Any idea on %?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k8cc01bet
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back