some issues

quickshot

long story short..

bought a 135i, changed my seats to recaro seats, my seatbelt and airbag light came on.

tried to fix it, once fixed, my power windows on my left and right cant be used ( eg : press button cannot power up or done ), but when using the key, i can still wind it up and down ( eg : holding down onto the open/close of the keys )

so now, i have airbag lights, seat belts lights + power window that does not work.

went to most major workshops, told me its troubleshooting issues.. gotta leave car up to 1 week and may have to pay thousands of dollars to fix.

any kind soul can solve this within a day or less? will pay.

thanks!

Re: some issues

Considered changing the seats back? Sounds like a real pain. Good luck with it!

Did you check if the Recaros can be hooked up to the bimmer electrical circuit before you installed them? I sure hope that they are comfortable because those warnings aren't, IMO.

They are one piece bucket seats without any wiring.. They seem pretty alright. Anyway I would appreciate if someone could help.. Thanks!!

quickshot;692171 said:
They are one piece bucket seats without any wiring.. They seem pretty alright. Anyway I would appreciate if someone could help.. Thanks!!

Go to workshops with the diagnostics tool, like BVO, J4C, Boss, etc. They can help you clear the error codes and possibly do some re-wiring.

the seats have air bag activastion sensor based on weight. If oyu remove the seats the erros will surely come up. You need ot disable the setting but this will compromise your safety in case of an accident.

i've alr been to the major workshops mentioned, and their replies were generally the same.

the diagnostics coudnt find out the problem @ all!

they tried reset, upgrade, what so have u, still cant. Only advice to me was to troubleshoot and may cost alot of money.

bro, how do i go about disabling the sensors?

IMO, all recaro seats should have a aftermarket module to re-connect to original wirings of the seat.

Just imagine if you do not have the aftermarket modules to connect to the original wirings, it is only natural your car will flash all the issues which you have highlighted. I hope the seller who sold you the seats told you all these before you purchase it.

Where did you get your recaro seats from? 2nd hand or brand new? Whats the model of the seats? Do note that different car models have different modules. BTW, modules dun come cheap and normally they shd follow the recaros if you bought it 2nd hand cos it makes no sense for the seller to keep it.

quickshot;692171 said:

Last edited by a moderator:

They are recaro rs-ge. Bought it 2nd hand.. Didn't come with any modules etc. Bought a resistor from miki marketing to try go override the module. Dont work either. Any solutions?

er bro, i would appreciate some constructive comments.. if u wana suan me, u can PM me to do so, thanks :)

pengful;692158 said:
Did you check if the Recaros can be hooked up to the bimmer electrical circuit before you installed them? I sure hope that they are comfortable because those warnings aren't, IMO.

pengful;692185 said:
Go to workshops with the diagnostics tool, like BVO, J4C, Boss, etc. They can help you clear the error codes and possibly do some re-wiring.

Not constructive? Another one for you. Put back original seat!

er, bros, i dont know if we're on correct page or not..

i already bought the seats, i already fixed the guys on, i would like to see if anyone here has solutions, i do not wana put back the original seats back on, cos if wanted to, i know the warning lights and everything else would easily go away, the guys @ the workshop alr told me so.

pengful;692357 said:
Not constructive? Another one for you. Put back original seat!

dude, i already went to j4c / boss, they couldnt solve it. gonna try BOV probably next week to see if they can solve it or not.

thanks.

If i am not wrong, you need to trick 3 things.

1st is the side air bag on each front seat.

2nd is the belt tensioners

3rd is the passenger seat occupancy mat

You probably need to remove some hardware from the old seats or buy the emulator hardware as described above.

good luck

bro quickshot, there are some workshops that do the standard work while some run by passionate bros like Rodney will spend the time to troubleshoot even the smallest of problem. so far i only know 2 dudes who bother to go tak chek or trial n error on things. one is mike of Kian Teong and other is Rodney. as for Bernard of bvo, i think he also got no time to troubleshoot for u cos he's always full of cars and this is very time-consuming stuff...haha

so best choice, look for sexy rodney....robot say one....hahahaha

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aw8fyi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back