Sound coming from front dashbaord or steering wheel ?

pg9254

Hi all,

Currently driving the E90. It only happens everytime when the engine is cold either when i start it in the morning or in the evening after work. I am not sure if the sound comes from the steering wheel or my dashboard panel. Whenever i turn the steering wheel after starting the car, a tttrrrrtt ttrrrrttt ttrrrrttt sound will come.

The sound will also come when I am step on the brake(such tht the car comes to a stop). The sound will last for 2 to 3 mins. After that no problem.

Has anyone encountered this issue before. My ride is still under warranty but hoping to narrow the problem for the service advisor. Thanks.

Re: Sound coming from front dashbaord or steering wheel ?

I dont have this problem but suggest you bring it to PML when the noise is audible. Get ready to leave your car there for 2~3 days. SOP requirement.

i guess thats the best thing to do. Tks...

Hi,

I think i also have the same issue with my E93. But it seems like coming from the suspension but sometimes it seems from the dashboard.......can you update what you found out if you are able to find the problem with PML? I am going to my mechanic on friday to check again....:(

cheers....

pg9254;603273 said:
Hi all,

Currently driving the E90. It only happens everytime when the engine is cold either when i start it in the morning or in the evening after work. I am not sure if the sound comes from the steering wheel or my dashboard panel. Whenever i turn the steering wheel after starting the car, a tttrrrrtt ttrrrrttt ttrrrrttt sound will come.

The sound will also come when I am step on the brake(such tht the car comes to a stop). The sound will last for 2 to 3 mins. After that no problem.

Has anyone encountered this issue before. My ride is still under warranty but hoping to narrow the problem for the service advisor. Thanks.

Had that on mine. Turn out it was the sun visor.

Sent the car in this morning. Went thru the sound with the SA. SA mentioned that they will check. SA mentioned that it could due to the rpm setting... i'll have to wait n see...will update....

pg9254;603582 said:
Sent the car in this morning. Went thru the sound with the SA. SA mentioned that they will check. SA mentioned that it could due to the rpm setting... i'll have to wait n see...will update....

Had my car collected yesterday. SA mentioned that the cause of the sound was because 318 is a tuned down engine from 320 and because its a tuned down engine, everything needs some time to warm up. SA mentioned that it is normal for E90 318 to have it.

He has since tuned up the rpm to make the sound less apparent.

Wasnt able to test it yesterday as the car is warmed up. I tried this morning, and yes the sound has become less apparent though still there. The sound disappears completely after abt 3 to 4 mins once the engine is warmed up.

I ask on whether it was caused by the steering wheel or air bags, he said all checks done and everything was ok.

I guess thats how it is with the E90 318.

did SA advised 318 must start engine and then finish 1 ciggie first for warm up? wahahaha

wt_know;603853 said:
did SA advised 318 must start engine and then finish 1 ciggie first for warm up? wahahaha

Well i do not know wht the rest of the folks driving the E90LCI... but i prob will have to live with it... Sound do go of after the engine gets warmed up....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back