Sound Generator for Z4

Tanzy

Legendary 10 Years
Geoff Ang,

I'm sure you can do it yourself.
Or you can get BVO to do it with the instructions from z4um.

Hi Geoff,

How much is the sound generator gonna cost ? I've heard about it and have been thinking of getting one for a long time. According to Z4um, the 2.5i already has the necessary access for fitting the sound pipe to conduct the engine noise right into the passenger cabin....

Let us know and maybe we could generate enough interest to consider a group buy...

Cheers/ Habib

sounds good dude... will find out... keep ya posted!!! heard it cost like 300-400!!!

cheers!

"Sound generator"?

I am sure that to those people who buy o like Lexus, you guys must be considered by them to be quite mad.

But then again, I don't blame you because the sound of the BMW I6 M54 engine is really quite pleasurable. Hehe. :)

it's jsut a plastic tubing. i can get one for you if it's still around. i saw it lying around the workshop.

What does a sound generator do? Pipes the engine sound into the cabin?

basically thats it. a plastic tube connect from the engine, through the firewall into the dash. so if you start misfiring you can straightaway hear. hahahahahhaha

MRacer77 said:
hahah! Maybe I should do that with my car too!
Then you'll complain of it being a whiney little weakling... :uhhh:

rodders said:
MRacer77 said:
Me? I got complain my car whiney before meh?
Not the car.............the person........kekeke :screwedu:

Wah... that was a low blow man... but I am above all that, so I absolve you...

But seriously, why do they put the sound generator in? since the z4 is already open top wouldn't the engine noise be audible enough?

MRacer77 said:
rodders said:
MRacer77 said:
Me? I got complain my car whiney before meh?
Not the car.............the person........kekeke :screwedu:

Wah... that was a low blow man... but I am above all that, so I absolve you...

But seriously, why do they put the sound generator in? since the z4 is already open top wouldn't the engine noise be audible enough?
I don't even know what the hell it is............. :verysad:

Not just asking you lah! Open to everyone! Only the first line is for you...

Actually, a good idea will be to use the sound generator pipe to bring air from the cabin for the engine. With the air con on, it will be a real cold air intake.

Tanzy said:
Actually, a good idea will be to use the sound generator pipe to bring air from the cabin for the engine. With the air con on, it will be a real cold air intake.

Not such a good idea man.. more like the hot air from the engine will come into the cabin and then your aircon have to work harder...

MRacer77,

Ja, you have a point. Just found out that the grommet which the sound generator connects to the firewall does not enter the cabin. It feeds into a chamber where the aircon draws fresh air for the cabin. Still a possibility for cold air intake.

Geoff,

If no one is gonna do it for you, I'll try fitting it for you. Looks quite easy but no guarantee! ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zbetfund

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back