Spa For Cars Wash Process *MANY PICS*

chickenbackside

Legendary 10 Years
Hi folks.

Since there seems to be a continuous interest in car washes, let me take you guys through a step-by-step process of what I deem to be the best car wash you can get in Singapore, namely, the Spa For Cars wash.

These guys are really passionate about what they do and it shines through their work. I know it sounds a bit far fetched that there might be people who are passionate about car grooming, but these guys really are.

The last time I groomed my car, they started on it at 10am and the car was only done at 3am the next day. No, they didn't do any other car besides mine that day and yes, they worked on it the whole time, besides squeezing in car washes in between. When you become their regular, you will also get regular scolding from them if you don't take care of your car as you should.

Many people might think that they are expensive, but if you spend time there to watch what they do, you will see, like all their regulars do, that their work is worth every single cent and more.

And NO, I am not getting anything from them for saying this.

Ok, let's get on with the car wash...

The one and only Spa For Cars

S4C.jpg

1st step is to hose down the car to loosen all the dirt

HoseDown.jpg

Hosedown2.jpg

Then the wheels get cleaned with a LAMB WOOL MITT

WheelWash.jpg

Poor Boy's World car shampoo is poured into a bucket and mixed with water for a pail of silky smooth suds

Shampoo.jpg

A YOUNG lamb wool mitt is then used to wash off the dirt. The strokes are confined to one direction as far as possible so that if there are any scratches caused by the washing motion, they are not obvious when light falls on it.

Wash1.jpg

Wash2.jpg

Wash3.jpg

After the washing, the suds are then hosed off

HoseSuds.jpg

Re: Spa For Cars Wash Process *MANY PICS*

Now, this is where the "blow" comes in. At most car washes, after the suds are hosed off, a chamois is used to wipe the car dry. Not at Spa For Cars. Here, a Bosch high powered hand held air blower is used to blow dry the car. This step is very time consuming.

Blow6.jpg

Blow9.jpg

Blow1.jpg

Blow2.jpg

The little nooks and crannies are given special attention so that when you drive off, there is no trail of water dripping off your car.

Blow3.jpg

Blow4.jpg

Blow5.jpg

Blow7.jpg

Blow8.jpg

Even the wheel nut holes are not spared

BlowWheels.jpg

After all the blow drying, there will still be a bit of water leftover. Now the chamois appears. Instead of wiping off the leftover water, they actually DAB dry it. This is to prevent any scratches that may be caused by any rubbing motion.

Dab.jpg

Next, all the glass on the car is wiped dry

DryGlass.jpg

Again, any leftover water in all the little nooks and crannies where you don't see is wiped dry

DryUnderDoor.jpg

Yes, even inside the wheel nut holes

DryWheelHoles.jpg

Next, the interior of the car, including the trunk, is given a very thorough vacuuming

Vacuum1.jpg

Vacuum2.jpg

Last step, tyre shine. Here at Spa For Cars, you can actually choose between 2 types of tyre shine: super glossy or not so glossy (almost matte). My preference is the latter. Special care is taken so that the tyre shine does not get smudged on your freshly cleaned rims.

TyreShine.jpg

The result: it may not seem like it here, due to the lousy image quality of a camera phone, but the car is REALLY REALLY CLEAN.

Result.jpg

The $15-$20 charge (depending on the size of your vehicle), is totally worth every single cent. No matter how delicate and careful I try to wash my own car, I will never be able to achieve a result anywhere near theirs.

yea. i totally agree with cbs. they are definitely the best around.
i've heard of them long before i got my beemer.

paying premium for premium service.
like my uncle once told me: 'cheap thing no good, good thing no cheap'

so if u love your wife, u have to treat her to spa for cars. hehe

I'm impressed with the way they vacuum the interior, esp the pic with Barney! He's cute!

yeah...best car wash there is.... :) best detailing too... too bad it has been raining nowadays :furious:

chickenbackside;172166 said:
No, if you love your wife, you gotta treat her to Spa For Cars AND more importantly, Amrita Spa....

NO cbs, my wife loves me, so she treat me to Dragon health Spa......hee

SHAMELESS;172174 said:
NO cbs, my wife loves me, so she treat me to Dragon health Spa......hee

dragon health spa expensive alot of +++.... this spa 15 bucks nett .. :lol2:

wow, but 11am to 3am is a long time. If it is like what you said, they did not do on other cars, then it is not so cost effective from a business point of view.

but cannot deny their service look excellent!

hitmee;172180 said:
wow, but 11am to 3am is a long time. If it is like what you said, they did not do on other cars, then it is not so cost effective from a business point of view.

11am to 3am is certainly a long time, but I think you meant 11am to 3pm? :lol2:

Looks really good. Maybe it's worth the drive from my place to their outlet just to get such treatment. Pity they don't have branches around the island.

Terry;172178 said:
dragon health spa expensive alot of +++.... this spa 15 bucks nett .. :lol2:

i rather Dragon Spa than wash my car.........hee..... i'm not car proud!!!!!

wow, i am very impressed.

cant imagine anyone to wash cars with so much care and attention as if the cars are their own.i wouldn't mind paying $25 for that kind of dedication.but they are far away from my home.:(

CBS, your car boot quite messy....:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

hitmee;172180 said:

EXACTLY. They are NOT in for the money.......

ho2786;172189 said:
wow, i am very impressed.

cant imagine anyone to wash cars with so much care and attention as if the cars are their own.i wouldn't mind paying $25 for that kind of dedication.but they are far away from my home.:(

I wash my own also not like that. 1/2 way through will get sian and sloppy....

for 15 to 25 bucks, it is really value for money.

can they come collect my car, wash it then drive it back to me? ha ha
(asking for the sky)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fun88141
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back