spacers

oldschool

Need help regarding fitment of spacers.. will spacers cause my car to be unstable during high speed..? driving an E36

Re: spacers

If hubcentric, if not too thick, if bolts are long enuff to secure the wheels on spacers, then the answer is no.

oldschool;598628 said:
looking at 10mm probably.. where can i get those..?
i afraid that is no 10mm for your case.
best you consult the seller(local) and also best buy with installation.
some have bought over the net or oversea and selling party always claimed no problem.
you will only know the fitment correct or problem till you install it physically.
Do remember Premium quailty built spacers are all R&D base on Original eqiupment fitment (OE rim)(if you are on Aftermarket rim be more careful)
Aftermarket tuner wheel like AC / BBS do have their own factory produced spacer which is made strictly for their product used only.

you can try local tyre shop (reputable on). They can customise for your dimension. IMO, dont use spacer for rear tyre if ur drive is rear wheel drive. What kenn say is true, if they can supply long bolts then its ok but do ask for extra, just in case of emergency.

gadaffi;598669 said:
you can try local tyre shop (reputable on). They can customise for your dimension. IMO, dont use spacer for rear tyre if ur drive is rear wheel drive. What kenn say is true, if they can supply long bolts then its ok but do ask for extra, just in case of emergency.
Brother Gadaffi, why is it dont used spacer for rear wheel drive?
my undersatanding is most spacer are for rear wheel drive.
Customised spacer is OK but most reliable one is still those branded one which has lab tested.
customised spacer you have to beware of some poor designed and material used.
mounting bolts lenght is the job of the shop whose sell and install that make sure is correct spec.

roberttan;598715 said:
Brother Gadaffi, why is it dont used spacer for rear wheel drive?
my undersatanding is most spacer are for rear wheel drive.
Customised spacer is OK but most reliable one is still those branded one which has lab tested.
customised spacer you have to beware of some poor designed and material used.
mounting bolts lenght is the job of the shop whose sell and install that make sure is correct spec.

it is just me as i dont feel safe with it bro.

kenntona;598621 said:
If hubcentric, if not too thick, if bolts are long enuff to secure the wheels on spacers, then the answer is no.
as this quote.

keywords.

hubcentric. longer studs.

tomace;598798 said:
Hi & sorry to OT..

Since its on spacer, May I know which size to go for if I would like to push out my stock 18'' M rims? Im driving an E90 320 m sport.

Thanks in advance. :)
theoretically if the spacer thickness of 15mm it will change of wheel offset (push out) by 15mm (do remember our car may be left /right not 100% same distance)
example your wheel offet 20mm after the 15mm spacer it will became 5mm.
SO my advice to you is get the advice from the shop seller and with installation,
BUying cash and carry you are also carrying a risk of wrong specification.
and all automotive item are sold non returnable once installed and used.

roberttan;599171 said:
theoretically if the spacer thickness of 15mm it will change of wheel offset (push out) by 15mm (do remember our car may be left /right not 100% same distance)
example your wheel offet 20mm after the 15mm spacer it will became 5mm.
SO my advice to you is get the advice from the shop seller and with installation,
BUying cash and carry you are also carrying a risk of wrong specification.
and all automotive item are sold non returnable once installed and used.

Hi roberttan, thank you very much ~~ ;)

Yes, most car (any make / model) are never 100% e same. :)

Hi,

Just managed to get spacers 3mm and 5mm from a workshop whom custom make them via CNC (recommended by some bro here). It fit very nicely with close fit to the center hub. Reasonable priced too.

Let me know if you need the contact. He only make 3mm to 5mm, as he claimed any more the studs must change.

Hi all,
Noob qn..what is a spacer and what does it do?:thinking:
Thanks in advance for all bros who take the trouble to explain.

Hi,

Yeah I was thinking of adding spacers too for front 5mm n rear 15mm..got a quote of around $300++ for the spacers together with longer studs.

Will do it after I install my coilover, so i can rough gauge the spacer width...as afraid it might rub the fenders...

myst17;616033 said:
Hi all,
Noob qn..what is a spacer and what does it do?:thinking:
Thanks in advance for all bros who take the trouble to explain.
From my understanding

Spacers pushes the rims out abit to give more leeway for the suspension. So they will not come in contact when the ride is lowered.

Bad drawing attached for (hopefully) better illustration:-

Decided to retain my original 18 inch rims for my 525. Thinking of adding spacers to make it look aesthetic. Any recommendation where to get good spacers without compromising stability etc? Can spacers be added?

gadaffi;598729 said:
it is just me as i dont feel safe with it bro.

Don't worri lah....I ran 10mm spacers fronts on my E60 for 5 track days at Sepang w/o any issues.....

'The Great White'

oldschool;598628 said:
looking at 10mm probably.. where can i get those..?

I have brand new 1 set 10mm spacers with longer bolts in stock.

'The Great White'

Where can I get 5mm spacer for e90? Boss only has >10mm.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xvipbeauty

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back