***spark Plug***

Re: ***spark Plug***

totoseow;405097 said:
elma...that was worth quarter of a cent.

Once i get my x-pipe, it will be worth 2 cents.:lol2:
Cant wait.

gapping n heat range are something to watch out for

then u hv different materials that affect longevity...AFAIK, Platinum probably lasts the longest and it's priced in between the copper n iridium.

In all my previous cars, I always changed to aftr mkt plugs. My fav truly being the one in E46 M3, Volker Racing Spec II which is still going strong in Rasta's car I believe after some 40,000 kms

But for now, I m staying stock as Zuffenhausen people says they would void my warranty if I keh khiang changing spark plugs.

TripleM;405138 said:
gapping n heat range are something to watch out for

then u hv different materials that affect longevity...AFAIK, Platinum probably lasts the longest and it's priced in between the copper n iridium.

In all my previous cars, I always changed to aftr mkt plugs. My fav truly being the one in E46 M3, Volker Racing Spec II which is still going strong in Rasta's car I believe after some 40,000 kms

But for now, I m staying stock as Zuffenhausen people says they would void my warranty if I keh khiang changing spark plugs.

I think iridium last longer compared to platinum. Not sure but it seems that iridium plugs are the norm these days. Cause even volker is using iridium now.

Ok I did some reserach for 335 spark plugs and found this:

BMW part number 121 200 34087 = Bosch part number ZGR6STE2

ABD,

The stock plugs that comes with the car has a weak point. The resistance core within the plugs give up and this causes a problem during firing. The core is usually made up of compacted carbon infused powder to give 5K ohms of resistance. This problem can be intermittent and will be dependent on the vibration experienced in the engine. I have diagnosed 1 such problem before on a 335 and the owner had to get a set of 6 plugs. He was the first 335 to order the plugs from PML.

I am sorry to say that Volker does not make the 335 plus at this point of time cos the market is really small. But there are some Jap cars that are starting to use the same plug design. Your N54 uses a M12 thread in long format. The plug socket is a 12 sided design. The plugs have a 3 sided ground electrode.

As for the tip design, i will not comment too much online.. But suffice to say sparks like sharp points. And rounded shapes are used as insulators.

cheers

OT a little bit, has anyone ever used the Denso IK20s in the M42 engine? How's the performance like?

Also, Denso's catalog specifies mostly IK20 plugs for most of the BMW models whereas other brands like NGK have different models for different BMWs, anyone care to comment?

Thanks

I've used brisk LGS on my 630 for more than 6 months, installed my SnowDog @ J4C. It cost less than $50/pc installed.
I can only says it's fantastic. It solved my problem of the bald spot between 1500 and 3000rpm in normal mode. I had sprint booster which was only good for moving off from standstill; but it was a jerky move off and didn't solve the bald spot issue. Sports mode was also too hairy and unrelaxed for everyday driving.
Anyway, Brisk now allows me to rev freely to red line without effort. In fact, I got leg cramps in the beginning because I no longer need to step on the pedal as far to get a response. Just light feathering will do the trick. Now for the best part, I also got at least 80-100km more out of my 65l tank when I don't drive like a maniac.
The downside is that the plugs are only good for 30k km. But hey that's less than $0.01/km for my 6 cylinder block, my increased fuel economy more than covers that and I now enjoy my car a whole lot more.
I am a convert and I say to everyone "GO FOR IT!" No holds barred.

dgsk;415618 said:
I've used brisk LGS on my 630 for more than 6 months, installed my SnowDog @ J4C. It cost less than $50/pc installed.
I can only says it's fantastic. It solved my problem of the bald spot between 1500 and 3000rpm in normal mode. I had sprint booster which was only good for moving off from standstill; but it was a jerky move off and didn't solve the bald spot issue. Sports mode was also too hairy and unrelaxed for everyday driving.
Anyway, Brisk now allows me to rev freely to red line without effort. In fact, I got leg cramps in the beginning because I no longer need to step on the pedal as far to get a response. Just light feathering will do the trick. Now for the best part, I also got at least 80-100km more out of my 65l tank when I don't drive like a maniac.
The downside is that the plugs are only good for 30k km. But hey that's less than $0.01/km for my 6 cylinder block, my increased fuel economy more than covers that and I now enjoy my car a whole lot more.
I am a convert and I say to everyone "GO FOR IT!" No holds barred.
I saw the Brisk LGS at autobacs but I feel its way overpriced for plugs. i have changed to Bosch IR Fusion recently and its slightly better than NGKs.

halcrontech;415628 said:
I saw the Brisk LGS at autobacs but I feel its way overpriced for plugs. i have changed to Bosch IR Fusion recently and its slightly better than NGKs.

where did u buy the bosch ir fusion? thanks!

halcrontech;415628 said:

The design concept looks similar. I chose the Brisk LGS because the prongs/legs were wider apart and thus theoretically allow more spark exposure to the fuel/air mixture. I have not been disappointed. To me, it was such a huge jump from OEM that I pestered the local distributor, an overly cautious guy who also distributes hurricane filters, to get me the plugs for all my Lambo. That's another story in itself. I was made to sign a release by the stupid agent being the 1st cowboy, but now the agent boss wants a set for his own demo and also for Lotus which they also carry. All Lambo owners who have installed Brisk LGS after me are singing high praises; and there are quite a few.
Yes, the price is higher, but like I said, it works out to 1cent/km for my 630 and 2cents/km for my Gallardo, and I get it all back and more on my savings on fuel when I remember not to "over enjoy" my cars. I am now clocking up the miles on my Gallardo because it's just such a joy compared to before. Even my friends who drive Toyota and Kia were sceptical that such a high end product would make a difference to their cars; but they all came back singing praises on performance and fuel economy; other than the Kia. It has not felt any improvement in fuel economy yet. I suspect he's still enjoying the new found power too much. HAHAHA!!!

dgsk;415634 said:
The design concept looks similar. I chose the Brisk LGS because the prongs/legs were wider apart and thus theoretically allow more spark exposure to the fuel/air mixture. I have not been disappointed. To me, it was such a huge jump from OEM that I pestered the local distributor, an overly cautious guy who also distributes hurricane filters, to get me the plugs for all my Lambo. That's another story in itself. I was made to sign a release by the stupid agent being the 1st cowboy, but now the agent boss wants a set for his own demo and also for Lotus which they also carry. All Lambo owners who have installed Brisk LGS after me are singing high praises; and there are quite a few.
Yes, the price is higher, but like I said, it works out to 1cent/km for my 630 and 2cents/km for my Gallardo, and I get it all back and more on my savings on fuel when I remember not to "over enjoy" my cars. I am now clocking up the miles on my Gallardo because it's just such a joy compared to before. Even my friends who drive Toyota and Kia were sceptical that such a high end product would make a difference to their cars; but they all came back singing praises on performance and fuel economy; other than the Kia. It has not felt any improvement in fuel economy yet. I suspect he's still enjoying the new found power too much. HAHAHA!!!

:woowooo: After so many pages since I started this thread, I ve finally read something that gave me an instant erection:laughlik: .

So...let me see. This thing works on Kias, Toyotas, BMW and Lambo. Ok I gotta try then. And who is thy agent or distributor?

You can get this at Juzz4Cars or KBS Motorsports. They will install them for you. Autobacs also carries them as do many other workshops. Check out the distributor's ads in WheelsAsia and Hot Stuff magazines for a list of authorised workshops.
I was told that they have the plugs for Honda as well. But interestingly they don't have them for current Mercedes Benz. The distributor said that he won't install them for French makes because their coils etc cannot handle the extra electrical thru put, or something like that.

thanks you and I was just told they dont have one for the BMW 335 *&%#%^*%#^%^

dgsk;415634 said:

Toto .... what you waiting for ???

Ahbengdriver;415772 said:
thanks you and I was just told they dont have one for the BMW 335 *&%#%^*%#^%^

Just check with the distributor and yes plugs for the 335 are currently being developed and manufactured.

Hi there,
Saw this old thread.
Any idea where I can find the cross reference chart for Denso Iridium Racing for the E60 N52B25.
Also, can you advise where you bought yours?
I'd like to buy a set, & hope to seek your advise.

Thanks.

Jason8822;404003 said:
Read from Denso and NGK website that misfiring could be due to worn plugs.
Try going to their website for some idea what is misfiring. IA IA ... haha

DENSO SPARK PLUGS

This jerking is quite obvious misfiring because the aircon cutting out and in does not cause such big respond neither does the change in the cam setting etc.

I experience such jerking recently while waiting at traffic light and my plug is 45k now, but PML told me its due to change only at 100k.
Anyway, i will be going PML before CNY for oil change after which will change my plug to denso iridium with slightly colder heat range (IK-22) at outside workshops.

1st gear;776979 said:
Hi there,
Saw this old thread.
Any idea where I can find the cross reference chart for Denso Iridium Racing for the E60 N52B25.
Also, can you advise where you bought yours?
I'd like to buy a set, & hope to seek your advise.

Thanks.

Hi i have a fews set of denso iridium plug for sale
Watapps /SMS 98210007
IK20 ,IKH20,

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vnclass

Latest posts