Squeaking sound after rain

allenng

Well-Known Member
Hi guys,
i notice my front suspension have squeaking sound when the car go over hump or slope. And this happens after a rainy day on the previous day. And when the next few days are sunny the squeaking sound will go away.


Why is this so? I have made an appointment with pml and ask them to check on this. But as i did not drive out yesterday i notice the sound is going away again.
 
Re: Squeaking sound after rain

Yes a mystery to me too.

1) When I installed H&R lowering springs with stock absorbers, they squeaked like hell after rain.
2) After I threw everything out and installed the Bilstein B12 kit, not a single squeak.
 
Re: Squeaking sound after rain

ermmmm mine is stock suspension. hahah
i going down PML tml see what they say. Problem is the sound getting softer.
By tomorrow if the sound is gone, i would have made a wasted trip down.
 
Re: Squeaking sound after rain

Mine squeak like hell whenever it rains. Trust me, no point bringing your car down when no rain because they are unable to simulate. I brought my car there so many times.

So what i did was i drove my car down when it rains. There they can hear the squeaks.

But repair also no use. After repair, i thought everything would be alright. But no! it started squeaking again and i asked the SA. He checked and say they only lubricated the parts, didnt change any parts at all! Totally different from what he told me last time. Si beh sian.
 
Re: Squeaking sound after rain

E90koh;606480 said:
Mine squeak like hell whenever it rains. Trust me, no point bringing your car down when no rain because they are unable to simulate. I brought my car there so many times.

So what i did was i drove my car down when it rains. There they can hear the squeaks.

But repair also no use. After repair, i thought everything would be alright. But no! it started squeaking again and i asked the SA. He checked and say they only lubricated the parts, didnt change any parts at all! Totally different from what he told me last time. Si beh sian.

At least they bother to lubricate for you. I had encountered much worse. Write complain letter also nobody heck cares. Already set my mind that this will be my one and only deal with pml. I rather buy from PI cosmy encounter with them is much straighforward and pleasant as compared to pml.
 
Re: Squeaking sound after rain

allenng;606526 said:
So its a common problem for bimmer?


My suspension squeaks, my brakes squeals, my seat squeaks. PML says 'it's like that'. I should have gotten a Merc or Audi or any other cars.
 
Re: Squeaking sound after rain

hahhahah you guys are right! the Mechanic there ask me to just live with it. He say no point leaving your car here for 2 days and it still doesnt solve the problem.
I told him i realise water came into the cabin when i went to car wash. Mine is E93. Ask if he can do something with the seal. He told me they can test but they use water test and not power spray and thus its not likely they can do anything. .............



I drove off after that.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
82,792
Messages
1,019,510
Members
78,670
Latest member
oxbett2com
Back
Top