squeaking sound on e46 cabriolet

JJJ

Hope someone can help me with this cause its driving me nuts. :furious:

My ride is e46 cabriolet. There is this sqeaking sound coming from the part when the window top touches the canvas and especially distinct whenever I go over a hump or in a turn. The noise appeared after I change to coilover and ARB and also i just had my car resprayed. I tried adjusting the door metal catch (the metal thing that is just above the tire psi sticker), trying all posibilities but no luck.

Hope someone can help me out or recommend someone who is good in this.

Any cab bros out there who changed to coilover and ARB care to comment? Any squeaking?

thanks in advance

Re: squeaking sound on e46 cabriolet

i had this squeaking sound after i installed v-kool on my previous e46 cab.
guess what they recommended? light rubbing of cooking oil on the squeaking areas!

To the best of my knowledge, this is one of the downsides of having a cab... ie less stiff chassis, so any form of shuddering or movement will cause "misalignment" and cause noises from the areas where hood meets body/windows.

cheers

It's the Year of the Rat, get used to it :)

As I have mentioned in my past thread, you can use either get some silicon lubricant from the hardware store to lubricate all the rubber joints (more messy) or go down to PML to buy a bottle of Rubber Protectant and spray it along the window rubber sea (preferred option). This should help. Good luck.

Hi all,

thnaks for the prompt reply. I bought a lubricant for windows squeaking from Carrefour and applied it. Wonderful result, so far so good. Feel like silicon based. Heard Vaseline petroleum jelly works too

Thanks again

JJJ;297666 said:
Hi all,

thnaks for the prompt reply. I bought a lubricant for windows squeaking from Carrefour and applied it. Wonderful result, so far so good. Feel like silicon based. Heard Vaseline petroleum jelly works too

Thanks again

haha, that's what i did too...

applied copious amounts to the rubber seals and that did the trick.

has something to do with our hot weather - the sun dries out the seals and they become hard and shrink. so the windows tend to vibrate...

only thing is that i got strange looks from people walking pass when they saw me with a huge tub of vaseline next to my car. must be wondering what the hell i was doing...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bong88ibet
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back