Stage 1 tuning for F30 318i

JT39

Hi Team,

Anyone can share experience on stage 1 tuning for F30 318i. Is the torque really significant? How long does it take for the tune to be done? Will the comfort mode be compromised? Any downside for getting such a tune like fuel efficiency and engine noise? How much does it cost and where in singapore can i go to for a trusted and value for money tune done?

Regards

Hi Team,

Anyone can share experience on stage 1 tuning for F30 318i. Is the torque really significant? How long does it take for the tune to be done? Will the comfort mode be compromised? Any downside for getting such a tune like fuel efficiency and engine noise? How much does it cost and where in singapore can i go to for a trusted and value for money tune done?

Regards

Goggle Bootmod3..

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Hi Team,

Regards

Only use 98 RON though - I see that u have another thread

Yes , power too
< 30 min
Nope
Nope but be sure that the car is in good condition - fuel efficiency can actually improve by quite a bit
At the very minimum, would recommend changing at least this plastic part out to
https://www.ftpmotorsport.com.tw/products/ftp-bmw-f2x-f3x-n13-intake-pipe

Google MHD
https://mhdtuning.com/collections/mhd-flasher-f-series-n13
If u decide to go with MHD , make ur account with a new email address so that it can be transferred.

or as @ac323 said BM3
If you are comfortable with DIY , it's quite simple really - battery should be in a good condition .Better to DIY so that u hold the license rather than the workshop but whatever u r comfortable with.

Only use 98 RON though - I see that u have another thread

Yes , power too
< 30 min
Nope
Nope but be sure that the car is in good condition - fuel efficiency can actually improve by quite a bit
At the very minimum, would recommend changing at least this plastic part out to
https://www.ftpmotorsport.com.tw/products/ftp-bmw-f2x-f3x-n13-intake-pipe

Google MHD
https://mhdtuning.com/collections/mhd-flasher-f-series-n13
If u decide to go with MHD , make ur account with a new email address so that it can be transferred.

or as @ac323 said BM3
If you are comfortable with DIY , it's quite simple really - battery should be in a good condition .Better to DIY so that u hold the license rather than the workshop but whatever u r comfortable with.

hi JT39, have you done the tune?

I'm also considering Stage 1 tune but i understand from my workshop (authorised tuner for BM3) that BM3 is not suitable for B38 engines?

Bro afmcbeemer, I reckon you have done the tune....could you share more on

- hp/torque gains
- engine noise after tune
- did you change charge/boost pipes
- ride comfort
- fuel efficiency
- any adverse changes after tune

The B38 is I think unfortunately not supported by either MHD or BM3. Mine is the older N13 engine.
Maybe ask @Codewerx or another site sponsor if they have a tune for this engine ?

Unlikely to be helpful for you but this is what MHD claim on the N13
Screenshot 2022-02-08 at 1.30.09 PM.png

I've changed all pipes possible :D to the ftp pipes.

Ride comfort has nothing to do with the ECU flash AFAIK.

Engine noise hasn't changed.

Fuel efficiency is actually better - I'm usually on Shell 98 or V power - can get around 575 - 625 km / 52L fuel tank esp if there is a high % highway.

Wear and tear wise I've replaced the valve cover - but I guess that this can leak even on a stock car.

pm sent!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunwindiscount

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back