Starter connection problem??

marklee

Legendary 10 Years
Hi guys,

Encountered a weird problem with my E36 yesterday morning. Stopped my car for about 10 mins to run an errand and when I returned back and tried to start the car, it didn't crank at all. Nothing happened at all except for the instrument cluster lighting up. Checked my batt and the voltage was 11.9V so nothing wrong there. Waited for about 5 mins and tried again and this time it started, no cranking or ignition problems whatsoever. But now I noticed that my temp gauge was at the 3/4 mark and the two symbols beside the hand brake symbol on the instrument cluster lighted up for less than a second and then disappeared. Tried to move off slowly and immediately the temp gauge went to the normal half mark. What's happening to my E36??? If its just a starter connection problem than what about the weird temp gauge and the two symbols? Havent checked with the manual what those two mean yet though.

Re: Starter connection problem??

Warning sign...... asking you upgrade to bigger cc engine.....:lol2: :lol2:

milk15;323285 said:
Warning sign...... asking you upgrade to bigger cc engine.....:lol2: :lol2:

Thats what my heart and mind tells me, but my wallet says no

Maybe it's your starter relay? Had a similar thing going on with my E34. Last time it happened she wouldn't crank for like 20 min, so I got out and thumped the relay with a torchlight. Fired up right away after that.

have u checked your spark plugs? and the spark plugs assembly? spark plugs fouling boh?
when was the last time u changed em?
lotsa possibilties, this is just a suggestion of mine.
just observe for the next few days whether the same prob got recur again boh lo

Doesn't crank at all, so no signal sent to spark the plugs. I just changed them less than a month ago..Volker spec1 at rodney's

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shbetcomph

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back