wt_know;1050269 said:
yeah ... coilover can be exciting

check the top mounting then............

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Re: Steering sound

ac323;1050270 said:
check the top mounting then............

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Pretty sure it is top mounting as well... I changed my e60 to KW and the sound came not long after. Replaced with with mounting and problem solved.

wt_know;1050280 said:
the top mounting is only 5 months old ... kaput liao?

a friend Z4 also same after installed V1.....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Last edited by a moderator:

oh yeah ... sound reassuring ... lol

anyway, i had this problem after my last trip to kl and ipoh
went through a very long rough road

after i returned from the trip ... the sound appear
not sure is coincidence or the mounting had gone through heavy beating

i guess cannot claim pml for top mounting huh ... hehe

ac323;1050281 said:
a friend Z4 also same after installed V1.....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

wt_know;1050283 said:
i guess cannot claim pml for top mounting huh ... hehe

Nope... You changed to coilover right? For the e60, they are not expensive, so best get it done soon.

i know cannot claim la ... joking only
will change the top mount soon if really kaput liao

Maybe ask R2D to do it ........ if so fast spoil maybe install miss something.

Mine (not KW) install already got knocking sound in front and major vibrations at the back. In the end the alignment shop I went to helped identify the problem areas. Tighten here, loosen there then now ok already. Second pair of eyes is a good idea.

Easy lah bro , reinstall back the original shock with worn top mounting and send to PML to claim lor ... Unless u have over the warranty period ..

haha ... not need la ... that would cost even more instead of simply replace the top mount at my fav workshop :D

Algino;1050319 said:
Easy lah bro , reinstall back the original shock with worn top mounting and send to PML to claim lor ... Unless u have over the warranty period ..

wt_know;1050323 said:
haha ... not need la ... that would cost even more instead of simply replace the top mount at my fav workshop :D

true, as after all that still need to go for alignment.................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

already making plan to install M5 ARB ... might as well right? :lol:

ac323;1050326 said:
true, as after all that still need to go for alignment.................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

wt_know;1050327 said:
already making plan to install M5 ARB ... might as well right? :lol:

not sure if KW have this for F10 ?

FRS-BRZ-clubsport-2-med.jpg

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

here is the update

1. went to a workshop to do inspection and tighten suspension, top mount, etc and test drive the car left/right/center. found no feasible wear&tear or mis-installation. steering still got ngeet ngeet sound on low speed turning (right only)

2. sent the car to pml for checking. pml advise to "lubricate" the steering rack and update software. 2 days downtime and the problem is resolved. ask the SA what is the cause, he cannot be certain whether is the lubrication or re-programming resolve it. anyway, very happy with the end result. after software update, the steering is heavier (in comfort mode) and more crispy - as explained in f10 lci that light steering feel is eliminated. now i can aw corner with +1bhp

3. went to dr max to re-code all my favorites as pml re-programming wipe out everything back to stock. after several attempts find out the Internet Browser, BMW Live and TMC Traffic does not work with the new software according to max the integration level dated nov-13. gotta wait for dr max new medicine after xmas :thumbsup:

ho ho ho ... huat ah!

Double check if the latest psdzdata is used ...... It has an influence - a separate est token is needed to code.

wt_know;1055920 said:
here is the update

1. went to a workshop to do inspection and tighten suspension, top mount, etc and test drive the car left/right/center. found no feasible wear&tear or mis-installation. steering still got ngeet ngeet sound on low speed turning (right only)

2. sent the car to pml for checking. pml advise to "lubricate" the steering rack and update software. 2 days downtime and the problem is resolved. ask the SA what is the cause, he cannot be certain whether is the lubrication or re-programming resolve it. anyway, very happy with the end result. after software update, the steering is heavier (in comfort mode) and more crispy - as explained in f10 lci that light steering feel is eliminated. now i can aw corner with +1bhp

3. went to dr max to re-code all my favorites as pml re-programming wipe out everything back to stock. after several attempts find out the Internet Browser, BMW Live and TMC Traffic does not work with the new software according to max the integration level dated nov-13. gotta wait for dr max new medicine after xmas :thumbsup:

ho ho ho ... huat ah!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newcarprices
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back