Steering Wheel Emblem Replacement

mohankls

Hi bros,

Need advice - does anyone know where to change the steering wheel emblem, besides going back to PML?

I called a few shops to enquire but was told they only carry the stick on emblems, and the original can't be replaced as it is stuck onto the airbag.

Can anyone confirm this?

Many thanks.

p/s: I'm just looking for the original (stock) blue/white emblem as mine is badly stained. I've tried cleaning it with various cleaning solutions but no luck "((

Re: Steering Wheel Emblem Replacement

Yes, u can only stick over. Don't try digging it out or the airbag might blow in your face.

I'm screwed...!!!

so the only option is to stick over? Just a sticker or another emblem?

Thanks for your prompt advice bro..

Just checking - anyone got any advice on how to remove a tough stain on it?

I've tried using all types of household cleaners...

Thanks bro...

Its just a stain...no scratch at all.

I'll drop by later...thanks for your offer to help. Much appreciated.

Hi mohamkls, just buy Sszone a 100+ from the corner provision shop :)

sszone;808643 said:
Is it a stain or scratch?
Come on by to my place, I see if I can help

On my previous ride, it tarnished over time under the clear lacquer. a bit annoying when one pays so much for the car - our previous older beemers don't have such problems.

I did replace my steering wheel BMW emblem, not really a stick over. The old one was removed and a new one put in it's place. The new emblem is a carbon-fibre looking but original BMW colours.

Dude...

You are my savior!!! How did you manage to do it? So far almost everyone I chEcked with told it ain't possible without changing the airbag...even PML said so & quoted me in excess of $1k..!!!

Can you share your experience, mentioning the place you did it & the $$..??

Many many many thanks.

Someone suggested trying to buy the original emblem part & get a authorised workshop to change it. In this way, i do not have to fork out $1K+ to change the entire airbag as well.

Does anyone know where i can get the original emblem? I called Eng Soon but even they do not carry this item.

I'm trying not to buy from eBay unless really no other options availalble.

Thanks for all advice...

cyrus271;808772 said:
On my previous ride, it tarnished over time under the clear lacquer. a bit annoying when one pays so much for the car - our previous older beemers don't have such problems.

I have the same issue too. 1 plus month old car but there seems to be scratches on the emblem underneath the clear lacquer. Hmm trying not to look at it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back