still under warranty

initialr

hey all, just took over a pre-owned car yesterday and a newbie when it comes to BMW.

There is still warranty left over with PML and i intend to make good what's left to ensure i have a fuss free ride at least for the next year.. :)

car is abt 2 years 9mths old with mileage of 70k. Any advice as to what to focus on or what to get PML to check and replace because certain parts will be nearing kaput with mileage?

Re: still under warranty

initialr;532071 said:
hey all, just took over a pre-owned car yesterday and a newbie when it comes to BMW.

There is still warranty left over with PML and i intend to make good what's left to ensure i have a fuss free ride at least for the next year.. :)

car is abt 2 years 9mths old with mileage of 70k. Any advice as to what to focus on or what to get PML to check and replace because certain parts will be nearing kaput with mileage?

Upgrade the softwares like engine management and auto-gear box program..... The latter is related to old E90 where there is a forward jerk just before completely stop (down shift 2 to 1). It happens about 50% of the time when you riving like Ah-Pek. If you don't encounter this, then the auto-gear management is probably up to date.

Hardware can easily be replaced or repair by outside workshop at easily 30% to 50% less than what PML will charge you.

Iceberg;534319 said:
Upgrade the softwares like engine management and auto-gear box program..... The latter is related to old E90 where there is a forward jerk just before completely stop (down shift 2 to 1). It happens about 50% of the time when you riving like Ah-Pek. If you don't encounter this, then the auto-gear management is probably up to date.

Hardware can easily be replaced or repair by outside workshop at easily 30% to 50% less than what PML will charge you.
do ensure that u r able to replicate the problem/ issue on the spot when test driving with tester. they r not going to reset transmission and reprogram car based on customers request. has to be proven faulty

wow, gurus.. thanks. Any more things i should take note of. I am enjoying every moment of the drive..:shakemyb:

initialr;534338 said:
wow, gurus.. thanks. Any more things i should take note of. I am enjoying every moment of the drive..:shakemyb:
cabin creeking noises r common. get them to fix as much as they can. but be prepared to leave the car there for more then a day. let them do a through and proper job. there r more then 20 cars going in each day, dun expect VIP treatment.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thematrixpremiummik

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back