Stock Sound System

uncle_catz

Hi

This is my 1st new post. I have gotten a used 09 E90 318i FL recently.
Apart from the stock CD headunit and a set of Alpine tweeters on the front doors, I am unable to determine what brand the rest of the system is.. ie speakers, amp etc. I also cannot find the amp nor a cd changer in it.
Does anyone know what is stock system as given by pml for this model car? I am hoping to kit in the speakers and amp from my previous ride.

cheers

Re: Stock Sound System

If not wrong;
- HU is professional system, same as 320i.
- Doubt you have any tweeters. If you do not have tweeter mounts on the plastic door window frame, you only have 2x4" speakers on the front doors.
- You have 2x6.5" woofers under both front seats.
- The OEM is Bosch.
- There isn't any amp installed. All the speakers are powered by the HU.
- Check your trunk. The CD changer is probably there. Another way to check if you have any changer hooked up is via the HU.

Thanx for the info & advice..

the stock system does sound 'hollow' , so i am keen to put in an amp and focal speakers from my old ride...

cheers

uncle_catz;622631 said:
Good choice...

my e90 FL comes with stock(i think) tweeter mounted on door window frame, so i guess changing that is a breeze.
its the 4" mid that i will need to consider since mine is a 6.5" 2-way components previously...

does anyone put a 6.5" midbass below the seats instead of a sub?
Bro, check out bro Humara's setup. Recently he had just got his 3-way ICE setup done. Heard his sound and sounded amazing, 6.5" is under the seat also. Think he will post his setup very soon... :)

For E9x, there are three types of sound systems: Stereo (standard), HiFi (option 676), and Top-Hifi (option 677) with 4 channels 6 speakers, 6 channels 10 speakers, and 9 channels 13 speakers respectively.

Go to BMW Model Archive · BMW VIN Decoder · bmwarchive.org and enter the last 7 digits of your vin and you can check whether you have either option 676/677. If not, then you have the standard stereo sound system.

As far as the brand, I'm not sure what the standard and 676 is, but I know option 677 Top Hi-Fi is Harman Kardon or a subsidiary of Harman Kardon because it has Logic 7, which is a proprietary Harman Kardon software. Hope that helps.

Book an appointment wif codewerz...

Coded mine... so far veri happy with the sound...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back