Strut Bars & Anti-Roll bars for E90

Re: Strut Bars & Anti-Roll bars for E90

hoks said:
Ah Beng, kam sia for explaining...understand the rolling part but whats the purpose of making the car more "stiff" then? I thought making it stiff is to reduce "roll"?

I also not sure:) me also new beng on the block. I think its gotta do with safety also, in case people bang your car the strut car offers some protection? Nevermind the experts will clarify later.

Yup, BMW have decided to make modding more difficult for E90....

The whole rear sub-frame have to be dropped b4 we can hae access to changing the rear swaybar.

It's alot of work....no joke!! But like BMER says, it's really worth it!!

H&R ARB rocks!! Once u have it, u'll never go w/o upgraded ARBs for whatever car you own.

Here are some pics when BMER got his H&R ARBs installed at BVO.

1st.....whole exhaust system had to be dropped......

watermark.php

The the whole rear sub-frame!!

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

By far this is the most difficult car to work on for ARB upgrade....the rest like E36, E46, E39, E60 & even E63 are simple direct replacement job.

Cheers

'The Great White'

Alexyyk said:
Hi,

Need advice from all the friends?

Swaybars is a better bet, improves handling alot more than strut bar.

Cheers

'The Great White'

wah the E90's rear suspension is very complicated...

get the ARB, you will not regret it at all. If u ask me to use those stock ARB now, it is like asking me to drive a bus.

Hi,

I have installed the Eibach ARB, but having the squeak sounds when I turn or go over hump. This is due to the bush of the ARB, any solutions to resolve as it is getting more irritating. Does it happen to the H&R ARB? Understand they have special bushings which can eliminates squeaks and does not require lubrication. Is it true?

Need some help on this....thanks.

I m using H&R....beside better handling no squeaking sound at all....but as for how to get rid of the sound ah...hmm...only can think of one solution as of now.......eeeee.....change it to H&R lor :laughlik:

Now just need to bring it back and check if it is knocking against something...Sigh.....should get the H&R arb if I know it earlier. Also, i do not know why the effect is not as strong compared to when i install the strut bar. Is that something wrong also?

wilman2772;133817 said:
Swaybars is a better bet, improves handling alot more than strut bar.

Cheers

'The Great White'

Saw so many compliments for swaybars also cannot tahan, wilman2772 can u please pm me the price for e90? Thanks

Alexyyk;134518 said:
Now just need to bring it back and check if it is knocking against something...Sigh.....should get the H&R arb if I know it earlier. Also, i do not know why the effect is not as strong compared to when i install the strut bar. Is that something wrong also?

I guess the problem has been solved. Some times, the weather here plays a part in all these ang mo products. But as the time goes by, they probably also realised that the tropical countries are an essential part of their business.

:)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamewin79mobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back