Stubborn Stains on Car

aerosports

Hi all, I am driving a white car and just recently I found some black spotted stains near the front side skirt area. The look like black tar spots but they are smooth to the touch,.

I have tried car polish and clay bar to remove these stains but they are not working. Does anyone know of any safe car products which I can use for very stubborn stains ?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Stubborn Stains on Car

Hi Slate,

Thanks for your advice, was at PML Alexandra this morning to get the tar remover. But it didn't, it ended with them polish off the stains for me. But in the end there were some stains that was still there..told you they were really stubborn..Thnks !

Those 'stains' may be pitting marks, which can be 'minimized' but not totally removed. Cause of marks are usually birdshit that has been left to bake on the paintwork or rain left too long....

aerosports;563199 said:
Hi Slate,

Thanks for your advice, was at PML Alexandra this morning to get the tar remover. But it didn't, it ended with them polish off the stains for me. But in the end there were some stains that was still there..told you they were really stubborn..Thnks !
despite polishing it didnt come off?! what did u run over man?

bob76;562759 said:
looks good bro, how much?
might wanna check with bro aerosports. he bought it

Hi, the tar remover is about $14, but they have only old stock left (the bottle looks different). If you want no in a hurry and want new stock, you can ask PML to order and wait.

To continue my story, I rushed down to groomworks at Esplande yday to sign on their package. The stains still cannot be removed they are near my office so its convenient for me. Hopefully with with the wax protection, new stains would be easier to come off.

To bros who are driving white or black cars , you have to really inspect you car for stains that may be hard to come off if left unattended for too many days.

By the way, as I have just sign on the groomwerks package which will last me for almost 1 1/2 years, I do not need all the half dozen bottles of the BMW car wash which I bought yday. I am looking to sell off 2 bottles at $26, the original price for each bottle is $$17+. They are 1 litre bottles and made in germany.

aerosports;563470 said:
Hi, the tar remover is about $14, but they have only old stock left (the bottle looks different). If you want no in a hurry and want new stock, you can ask PML to order and wait.

To continue my story, I rushed down to groomworks at Esplande yday to sign on their package. The stains still cannot be removed they are near my office so its convenient for me. Hopefully with with the wax protection, new stains would be easier to come off.

To bros who are driving white or black cars , you have to really inspect you car for stains that may be hard to come off if left unattended for too many days.

By the way, as I have just sign on the groomwerks package which will last me for almost 1 1/2 years, I do not need all the half dozen bottles of the BMW car wash which I bought yday. I am looking to sell off 2 bottles at $26, the original price for each bottle is $$17+. They are 1 litre bottles and made in germany.
sorry to hear that the groomers couldnt get it off bro. next time shld such things happen get wet cloth and remove asap.

aerosports;563470 said:

shouldn't be tar if not polish can get if off.

Just to check if you guys have any product in mind that don't require polishing anymore to maintain a permanent gloss? And also swirl resistent and bird dropping stain resistent?

re.flec.tion;570731 said:
No such thing. Otherwise all the cars in the whole will be looking perfect all the time.

Hmm.. Maybe should have an open mind and welcome new innovations and new product my friend?:)

Seriously, the best protection and gloss your car should have is your clearcoat. But due to wrong washing and drying techniques, environment etc, it picks up swirls, etching, oxidisation etc. Even detergent residue can leave a hazy coat.

Therefore, the harder paints were created. More resistant to swirls and some light scratches. Yet...

My mind is open. Definitely. Who doesn't want permanent shine, anti-swirls and anti-bird shit etc. If there is such a product, you will see me first in the line.

for really stubborn stains, you can try 'rubbing compound'. You can get them at accessories shops or even at some petrol station. Get the 'Turtle Wax' Rubbing compound. Dab the affected area with the compound and run on it hard. It act as a 'sand paper' to strip off your coat of paintwork. If the stains are removed, you can then polish it and wax back the affected area to get back the shine and smoothness. Do take note not to use rubbing compound too happily cos it strip off your clearcoat. Too much of rubbing compound will make your car lose it's shine after several years. Good Luck.

Rubbing compounds can be used but needs to be used with care. They're easily equivalent to 1000 grits. Therefore in the region of cutting or compounding. Especially when applied by hand, the marks are deeper and more difficult to be removed by polishes and refiners later.

Stubborn stains could be (usually they are) contaminants bonded below the paint surface. The paint surface is porous). While we are all familiar with contaminants bonded above the paint surface, easily removed by claybar and tar remover (with the exception of iron filings), below paint surface contaminants needs a different treatment.

re.flec.tion;570823 said:
Seriously, the best protection and gloss your car should have is your clearcoat. But due to wrong washing and drying techniques, environment etc, it picks up swirls, etching, oxidisation etc. Even detergent residue can leave a hazy coat.

Therefore, the harder paints were created. More resistant to swirls and some light scratches. Yet...

My mind is open. Definitely. Who doesn't want permanent shine, anti-swirls and anti-bird shit etc. If there is such a product, you will see me first in the line.

How about a meet up to show you this new product and get your feedback bro?

ArmorCoatSG;568579 said:
Just to check if you guys have any product in mind that don't require polishing anymore to maintain a permanent gloss? And also swirl resistent and bird dropping stain resistent?

ArmorCoatSG;570887 said:
How about a meet up to show you this new product and get your feedback bro?

Dude, from your loaded questions and posts, very obvious you are trying to promote a product and a shop at Toh Guan road.

marklee said:
Dude, from your loaded questions and posts, very obvious you are trying to promote a product and a shop at Toh Guan road.
Wahahahahaha, sharp eyes sharp thoughts........

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solomon3000
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back