Suggestion on window tinting solution

macnoodle

Recently the temparature of my black E46 really make me headache as the hot - heat is too strong. Can anyone recommend the window tinting solutions and the pricing of each. I would think the solution should meet the standard LTA restriction.

Re: Suggestion on window tinting solution

macnoodle said:
Recently the temparature of my black E46 really make me headache as the hot - heat is too strong. Can anyone recommend the window tinting solutions and the pricing of each. I would think the solution should meet the standard LTA restriction.

Hi, macnoodle

there are many brands in our local market. Here a few of famous brands
- V kool
- Huper optik
- cool & lite
- Ray barrier
- rikecool
- thermal guard
(Price wise, think the 1st three are higher than other competitors locally)

Believe LTA's latest window tiniting regulation as below
front 3 window glass: at least 70% visible light emission (or not more than 30% tinting)
rear 3 window glass: at leat 25%visible light emission (or not more than 75% tinting)
get those with at least 99% uv rejection and IR heat rejection of at least 90%& above where possible if budget allow

Hope this help

dun think any window tint will solve ur problems if u r gonna park ur car under hot sun for hours...

macnoodle said:

Within each brand, there are couple of grades
I would think for the cheapest one should be in the region of 500-700 bux
And the premium package should be 800-1000 bucks

I am on Huper Optik....Like the color alot but as for the heat shield, not the best I have tried so far.

macnoodle said:
Hi macnoodle,
you can try this www.tintsycool.com

"Llmar" at Florence road off upper serangoon offers $600(opening price for their top range)
With the option of reinstalling back to the legal limit at $40 should you fail LTA.(Great for people who love to smoke out BLACK their entire car windows!) Just a thought.

Does anyone have the contact for Vkool in Johore Bahru? i heard that they rates are almost 50% cheaper than Singapore. Website perhaps?

There also a 3M one..got quoted $800 for my E39
free 5 pc 3M mats with every purchase (cut mats on-the-stop for u)

Tested it w a Nissan Latio w 3M tint installed.
Parked for 1 hr under sun...interior still cool
IMHO, better than vcool which was on my old car

Cool stuff. Guess i am asking cos V Kool or 3M or watever, if the deal in JB is better, i will seriously consider. BTW, i am ex BM owner, and gettign delivery on SUV next month. So need to think cos the rates for tinting that is pretty steep in SGP!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shabaooo
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back