Suitable RIMs for E90 (18" or 19")

Alexyyk

Hi advisers,

Which size is better for E90? I am considering Breyton Magic 18"? any other recommedations?

Re: Suitable RIMs for E90 (18" or 19")

i'd stick with 18" if you're driving a 320. mainly the weight/fuel consumption considerations...

thanks...I am driving a 323i...agree with u though, but the 19" really looks cool man

Go for a lighter rims if you must.
I'm on 225/40/18. Next tire change I will change to 45 profile to lessen the gap and for more comfort since I'm not going to lower the car... not yet.

drivemax said:
I'm on 225/40/18. Next tire change I will change to 45 profile to lessen the gap and for more comfort since I'm not going to lower the car... not yet.

My stock tyre is 225/45/17. To me, it doesn't look that the gap is big. You have seen my car, any comment?

Alexyyk said:
Hi advisers,

Which size is better for E90? I am considering Breyton Magic 18"? any other recommedations?

Breyton Magic is a nice lookin rim...but it's very heavy.

Do note that since the launch of E90, alot of aftr mkt rims for E46 are still around and these rims are generally much much more positive in their offsets measurment. In other words, not only they aren't that suitable but they end up not looking that good on E90. To solve the problems, people put spacers to push wheels out closer to the fender.

So...know what you are after and get the correct sizes. Else u will regret later.
Don't just listen to what the dealers are telling you coz they will only tell you the good things they have.

drivemax said:
hmnn..won't this cause an erroneous reading in your speedometer?

TripleM said:
Do note that since the launch of E90, alot of aftr mkt rims for E46 are still around and these rims are generally much much more positive in their offsets measurment. In other words, not only they aren't that suitable but they end up not looking that good on E90. To solve the problems, people put spacers to push wheels out closer to the fender.
hi tripleM. what's a good/suitable offset for 18x8J riims? I m driving e90 320. will not be lowering the car. thanks

8.5J will be nicer.
FYG, most of the factory rims of E90 cars are on +34 to +37 front and back ( n staggered ) on 8J front and 8.5J rear...

And IMO, they still look quite sunken in...
I suppose you could go to ard +30 there bout.... should be quite safe n nice for 8.5J application

However, If you are running a wider rim on the rear, u need to hv a bit more positive offset else you might end up with fender rubbing.

Anyway, before you decide on which rims to buy...u can always hv a fitment trial...

Cheers

19" for me! saw b4 E90 with 19" really damn cool!

Hi,

Any command on Breyton Vision? How light is it and whether it fits E90?

Used to have them on my previous ride but have long forgotten the specs of it. Good choice of Breyton

longhorn said:
hmnn..won't this cause an erroneous reading in your speedometer?

Yes longhorn, it will as you can see from the comparison.

Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/Mile Difference
205/55-16 4.4in 12.4in 24.9in 78.2in 811 0.0%
225/40-18 3.5in 12.5in 25.1in 78.8in 804 0.8%
225/45-18 4.0in 13.0in 26.0in 81.6in 777 4.4%

At 45 vs stock, when speedo reads 60mph, you are actually travelling at 62.6 mph.

But I think it maybe bit hard to find a 45 profile.

SFW said:
My stock tyre is 225/45/17. To me, it doesn't look that the gap is big. You have seen my car, any comment?

Your one seems ok. Gap not so obvious.
Btw, do you know the ps2 tires that they used for ADT,
what is the profile (forgot to take a look la..)? The sidewall looks quite wide too.

drivemax said:
Your one seems ok. Gap not so obvious.
Btw, do you know the ps2 tires that they used for ADT,
what is the profile (forgot to take a look la..)? The sidewall looks quite wide too.

If I'm not wrong, the front is the same as mine as they are on 17". The rear is a wider one but not sure the size. Anyone can enlighten? Or can go one more time to find out. :yikess:

Hi Alexyyk,

I am not sure if BMW original style 124 ( 18" staggered) will fit your E90, I have them on my new ride 523i for 1 month only and they are in perfect condition.

I am upgrading to 19". CHeers

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back