Sun Glass holder - replacement for cabin handles - installation process - E90

Aaron_BMW

Dear all,

This post has special thanks to the following members:
C3PO & Baby1M

Becos of u, I gotten the 2 sun glass holders :).
Just so that I can balance left and right.
Please don’t ask me why not get four since I got 4 handles~!

Webpage: BMW Accessories Lighting and Carbon Fiber from Bimmian for M3 F30 E90 E92 E46 M5 E60 F10 X5 Z4

So as usual,
Just for sharing, I benefit as forum members share, vice versa.

Please see the pics below for DIY installation process.
Took me only 10 mins.
Use standard BMW star shape socket keys.

IMG_4150_zps0a5a4b30.jpg

Original handles

IMG_4153_zpsaf0a7977.jpg

IMG_4154_zps507a248a.jpg

1st view of holder taken fresh from box, took around 5 days to ship over after payment

IMG_4157_zps673dce8b.jpg

IMG_4159_zps5cec4942.jpg

After installation and usage, sorry for showing my middle finger here

IMG_4167_zps7330ff11.jpg

Full panorama view of my cabin dash board view with the 2 new sun glass holders.

Below is a simple description taken from the website:

Ceiling Mounted Sunglass Holder from bimmian.com
Most BMWs lack storage for sun glasses. The grab bars found on the driver and passenger sides are rarely used, so why not turn them into a convenient way to store sun glasses for you and your passengers. Bimmian.com offers the perfect solution of you to store and safely keep your sun glasses while in your vehicle.

Features and Benefits Of This Product
Now you can always know where your sun glasses are without having to go through the centre console or door storage while driving. Nothing can be more convenient than having your sun glasses right above you for an easy reach.
The holder is designed to be opened simply by pulling on the case as you would the grab handle. When released it springs back into the closed position, holding your glasses securely.
Sun glasses holder can hold most sunglasses including aviator style glasses. (please note that some sun glasses that are thicker when folded will still fit but case may not close all the way. If you have sun glasses that are larger than normal please consider this before purchasing this product.)

This is a replica part for BMW OEM# x1 51167842970.

What Its Made From
Made from high quality plastics with a padded insert to help protect the lenses of your glasses.
Each Holder come with philips mounting screws and features safety straps that are held in with these screws and are out of view when installed.

Installation Notes
Installation is quick and easy. Simply unscrew your original grab handle and screw the new holder into place into the same holes. A Torx screwdriver is required to remove your current grab handles. Installation Difficulty: BASIC - Simple Tools, No Special Knowledge RequiredClick on the 'Installation Guides' tab above for installation resources.

This Product Fits (see ORDER HERE tab above for clearer detail)
E60/E61 - BMW 5 Series and M5 - 2004-2009, E90/E91 - BMW 3 Series Sedan and M3 - 2006-2012, E92/E93 - BMW 3 Series Coupe and M3 - 2007-2013, E82/E88 - BMW 1 Series Coupe & 1M - 2007-2012, E84 - BMW X1 - SAV 2010 and up,

Cheers~!

Re: Sun Glass holder - replacement for cabin handles - installation process - E90

Thanks to 'babyface' cp3o, i now have a sunglass holder... ah. But no torx screwdriver.

Aiks.

Re: Sun Glass holder - replacement for cabin handles - installation process - E90

Aaron_BMW;956444 said:
Dear all,

This post has special thanks to the following members:
C3PO & Baby1M

Becos of u, I gotten the 2 sun glass holders :)... Cheers~!
Don't mention and u r most welcomed.

Cheerz

Must thank Baby1M. I heard he got baby face too which Meek likes.

Sun Glass holder - replacement for cabin handles - installation process - E90

A glaring omission by BMW when a lot of cars come with sunglasses holder nowadays.

clamsgp;956722 said:
A glaring omission by BMW when a lot of cars come with sunglasses holder nowadays.

What is that?

Aaron_BMW;956749 said:
What is that?

Dustbin? Toilet roll holder? Or maybe towel rail??

Meek;956556 said:
Thanks to 'babyface' cp3o, i now have a sunglass holder... ah. But no torx screwdriver.

Aiks.

I have. Look for me

Aaron_BMW;956752 said:
I have. Look for me

Looking high and low oredi.

Thanks for sharing! I am going to get one too! Useful stuff!

Aaron_BMW;956752 said:
I have. Look for me

Thank you berry muchie, aaron. You da man!!

Hi TS,

Thanks for sharing the info.

Can i check how deep is the sunglass holder, can it fit shades like Oakley which is more curvy & requires more depth?

Thanks in advance.

Jetpilot;956806 said:
Thanks for sharing! I am going to get one too! Useful stuff!

C3PO & Baby1M, they are the ones whom intro me in another thread.

vexxus;956837 said:
Hi TS,

Thanks for sharing the info.

Can i check how deep is the sunglass holder, can it fit shades like Oakley which is more curvy & requires more depth?

Thanks in advance.

i don't think so man,
i recommand u to put the Oakley in the sun glass holder originally from BMW fitted in front of the gear shift console as show in the pic below and the shades and slim glasses in the sun glass holder which i bought.

View attachment 47383

For my car in front of the shift console is a cig socket & ash tray. no sunglass holder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xiaodi;956905 said:
For my car in front of the shift console is a cig socket & ash tray. no sunglass holder.

Aaron's da man. You can use his. :) just leave your sunnies with him.

Aaron_BMW;956846 said:
i don't think so man,
i recommand u to put the Oakley in the sun glass holder originally from BMW fitted in front of the gear shift console as show in the pic below and the shades and slim glasses in the sun glass holder which i bought.

View attachment 47383

Don't think that'll fit my Oakley either (& its filled with junk liao), thanks for your info & advise.

Cheers.

vexxus;956965 said:

Don't think that'll fit my Oakley either (& its filled with junk liao), thanks for your info & advise.

Cheers.

Just buy the holder and buy a new set of sunglasses too :)

hellrace;958135 said:
This looks like a cheaper place to get it.

BMW Replacement E84 x1 E90 E91 E92 3 Series Sedan Wagon Coupe Sunglass Holder | eBay

Part + shipping for $46USD, converted to be $60SGD. Downside is it freight will take longer compared to Bimmian.

Just ordered one, will update when it arrives and maybe meetup with Aaron to compare the quality.
Still good considerating seller has 98.9% Positive feedback from 6.5k+ sales.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tk88betcomvn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back