supersprint fitted on my E60

Re: supersprint fitted on my E60

When are you getting the HIOP headers and GruppeM CAI installed? Inquiring minds want to know!

Re: supersprint fitted on my E60

appointment on tuesday, collecting on wed mate...

Supersprint fitted on my E60

Is that Wednesday, 18 May or next week? Can't wait for your FR.

Re: Supersprint fitted on my E60

next week pete...tell u what..once i get it in...i come over. u can hv a go...we r not too far away from each other...hows dat?

Supersprint, HIOP, and GruppeM fitted on my E60

I'll be in Paris next week catching a couple days of tennis at Roland Garros. I'll be back on Friday though, and if the offer is good till next weekend, I'd love to take you up on it.
By the way, can you email me the details of your Gruppe M purchase?
Good luck with the install next week, and try not to get banned before I get a ride in your beast!

Re: Supersprint, HIOP, and GruppeM fitted on my E60

6spdMan said:
I'll be in Paris next week catching a couple days of tennis at Roland Garros.

Dat is disgusting. Pls leave your car keys with me when u are away. We shd meet-up lah.

Supersprint fitted on my E60

T6,
I don't think you'll find my car all that much fun to drive. After all, it is bone stock with the only mod being two BMW folding umbrellas, and these aren't even mounted in the footwells. It isn't even broken in yet, with less than 4k kms on the clock!

Re: Supersprint fitted on my E60

6spdMan said:
T6,
I don't think you'll find my car all that much fun to drive. After all, it is bone stock with the only mod being two BMW folding umbrellas, and these aren't even mounted in the footwells. It isn't even broken in yet, with less than 4k kms on the clock!

Unbelievably low mileage. I have first rite of refusal to buy your car. If u watch tennis, u play tennis. Lemme know if u want a game. End of OT.

Join the queue!

Totoseow,
Sorry to hijack your thread, but it is all T6's fault.

T6,
I don't know how to say this, but the queue for dibs on my garage queen started some time ago, and now it ends round the block. I'd say you're number 4 or 5 in line. Singaporeans sure like queues! But then talk is cheap.
All joking aside, given what I paid for my black hole on wheels, and the likely dearth of affordable used alternatives like the new M5 in the next 3 or 4 years, I may have to keep her for a rather extended period. By then, 1 face lift and 2 engine changes out of date, I imagine the queue will have all but disappeared.

Thanks for the kind offer, but who said I play tennis?Tennis is far too taxing for an old out of shape fart like me. It's tiring enough just watching these guys play.

It's just that I saw Roger Federer in the flesh (not naked) on 17 April at the hotel I was staying at in the south of France, near Monaco where RF lives. This was 2 days after Gasquet took him out in the qtrs of the Monaco Open, so Roger had a rare Sunday off, and ended up playing tennis with some kids at the hotel's tennis courts. Anyway, having met him (and seen his entourage in Ferrari 575M, 612 and Aston Vanquish S), I'd like to go watch him, Nadal, Coria, and Chella do their stuff on the red clay of R.Garros.

End of OT.
Cheers!

Re: Join the queue!

ok latest update. hiop headers in....CAI in. the backflow is gone...complete decat..instant response.....louder for sure...but manageable....crusing at 100km is still passable....below 2k rpm.
hit the CTE..hell break lose...rev it above 3500rpm...everyone turns to stare. its sweeet.

performance: butt feel about 15hp more for both mod 7.5/10
sound: almost want to give 10...but 9/10 for now
consumption: i m surprise it dropped! 10/10!!!
price: pm me but i wud say viz-a-viz satisfaction 7.5/10

Re: Join the queue!

totoseow --> Do you need to do an ECU reprogram for change of exhaust? Sorry I'm a noob in the mod arena and hence may field a few silly questions.

Fuel consumption actually dropped??? Thats sweet man!

Exhaust alone doesn't warrant ecu reprogram

Brandons said:
totoseow --> Do you need to do an ECU reprogram for change of exhaust? Sorry I'm a noob in the mod arena and hence may field a few silly questions.
Fuel consumption actually dropped??? Thats sweet man!

This is Totoseow's little brother (couldn't afford the Step, so had to settle for a 6spd MT) answering, not on his behalf, but from my own experience.

If all you're changing is the exhaust, there's no need to doing an ecu upgrade. All that an aftermarket exhaust does is change the nature and increase the quantity of sound emitted. The slight improvement in breathing capability in and of itself doesn't require the engine maps to be reconfigured because the DME that comes from the factory has a wide range of operating parameters that it can handle without breaking a sweat.

On the other hand, any competent ecu 'upgrade' will give you better engine response, especially in the middle rev ranges. There will be some synergy with breathing mods (of which the exhaust/muffler is but a minor part), but it is not required.

Another small benefit is the weight saving resulting from an aftermarket exhaust. The OEM part is really heavy. Most people would benefit more from a reduction of prata intake, leading to a lighter driver, but that's another topic I won't get into here.

Theoretically, fuel consumption should be slightly improved due to the lower backpressure of the SS exhaust. However, one is tempted to keep blipping the the loud pedal just to hear the glorious engine sounds emanating from the rear. The downside to reduced backpressure, of course, is that low end torque will suffer, the extent to which you will feel it depends entirely on which displacement lump you have in the business end. Having a buggy steptronic doesn't help either.

Hope that wasn't too much information. Over to you Toto.

Man, I'm looking forward to some prata at kayu. Two weeks of burgers in the US can kill you quicker than road rage!

Re: Exhaust alone doesn't warrant ecu reprogram

Thanks 6speeder.

I'm still trying to understand the mechanics of backpressure with respect to reduction in low end torque.

Prata is good man! I haven't had it for the longest time. And yes those burgers in US suck big time. I had to content with them for close to 2 weeks while I was there save for a few Japanese and Chinese meals but as you'd know, those Chinese meals aren't real Chinese food because these mainland Chinese fellas really don't know how to prepare them. They really give a bad rep to Chinese food --> reinforcing the point that Chinese food is oily. Head on down to Little Tokyo in downtown LA since you're in SoCal. There's this very nice shabu shabu joint as well as Hama Sushi. Both are ran by Japanese. Real good food you can find there. End OT.

Somebody please explain the mechanics of backpressure to me. Or perhaps gimme a link to it so I can read up. Thanks brothers.

Brandons said:
Thanks 6speeder.

I'm still trying to understand the mechanics of backpressure with respect to reduction in low end torque.

Prata is good man! I haven't had it for the longest time. And yes those burgers in US suck big time. I had to content with them for close to 2 weeks while I was there save for a few Japanese and Chinese meals but as you'd know, those Chinese meals aren't real Chinese food because these mainland Chinese fellas really don't know how to prepare them. They really give a bad rep to Chinese food --> reinforcing the point that Chinese food is oily. Head on down to Little Tokyo in downtown LA since you're in SoCal. There's this very nice shabu shabu joint as well as Hama Sushi. Both are ran by Japanese. Real good food you can find there. End OT.

Somebody please explain the mechanics of backpressure to me. Or perhaps gimme a link to it so I can read up. Thanks brothers.

All the E60's are 6speeders, but I'm 6spdMan.

Begin OT
You haven't lived till you've had In-N-Out burgers. Enuf said about burgers.

First week in the US, we were 130 miles east of LAX in Palm Desert, where it reached 50 deg C and averaged 47 deg C. Food scene there is super white, but since there was easy freeway access to In-N-Out burgers and steak houses (Ruth's Chris rocks), so that's what my wife and I had for the first week. San Diego, where we have been for the second week, has a surprisingly vibrant, dynamic, creative, and high quality foodie scene. Cheap, good, and lots of variety, so no need for ersatz Chinese food.

Besides, I'll be going to HKG for my dim-sum and roast goose fix next week. Life is good.

End OT

Lots of articles on back pressure as it relates to torque out there in cyberspace. Search is your friend, grasshopper.

LOL yes I know you're 6spdMan bro! 6speeder is just another way of addressing you my friend.

Articles on back pressure ---> I've read one which stated that torque has absolutely no connection with backpressure while others bet their lives on it. Hence the confusion because that dude who stated no connection was pretty damn good in his explanation (the physical mechanics of it all). I was kinda swayed into believing his argument. Hence the need for more clarification from anyone who knows more than myself (and thats probably everyone out there).

Begin OT --> Haven't been to Palm Desert and I've only passed by San Diego once. Sounds like you've had your fair share of nice food and thats great man. Well damn man... I'm mighty jealous now since you're gonna get to fly to HK for your dim sum fix. Man how I wish I can fly there right away. NYC's Canal Street has good dim sum as well. I'm sure you know this piece of foodie info yeah? LOL...

End OT

I'm not so sure about the back pressure thing too. Based on dyno readings and road tests, cat on, cat off, cat back on again, stock box, operated box, aftermarket box, etc, all seems to suggest an increase in torque and power across the range when the car has least back pressure. Perhaps this might be due to the pre-cats in the headers. I don't know.

hi i think me bro has spoken....fuel consumption drop due to better breathing....after tuning of ecu n changing airbox as well as the headers...yes consumtption droped to about 13.6/100 from 15/100....i drive about 20km per day holland to shenton way n back...

do a seacrh in this forum...whiskey tango, triple m shaun n some of the more pro chaps here has said quite a bit. i think shaun said some bit of back pressure is good....but most of it is bad n caused by the cats..blah blah....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4dlive194339

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back