Surging oil price.

chenqing

oil price increase is insane...i tink all bimmer drivers out there can feel the pinch already..same here..if this goes on...definitely will affect people with big litre series...i wonder if BMW's going to come out with their series of 'green' rides...like hybrid, CNG n etc...currently i know they are working on 7 series hydrogen...but hydrogen can be expensive due to the extraction n production...can diesel car be imported into SG? if so, PML should be able to bring in some models...diesel is still cheaper than petrol and gives better mileage...

Re: Surging oil price.

Drive as u need...
Dont waste time on doing rounding n stuff.....
Hold ur cash buying big cc cars.....price should come off as demand is poor...
Road tax si mi rebates are useless...
From the US : GM bankruptcy is Not Impossible

Oil pruce surged also bo bian. Wholelife kena jio-ed on the road, whatever efforts to save on FC is gone after one 400m dash:lol2:

Still getting a thrill when driving my beemer everywhere I go... only a bit sad when time comes to pay Caltex/ Shell/....

Rd tax rebates - enough to tip petrol pump attendants only!

Haha...now usd146/bbl n goin higher ! .....ya road tax rebate is crap..on left hand give u rebate but govt take back on more $$$ on the right hand via erp/petrol tax/coe...wait for coe ..will go up soon ! knn

Hard for COE to go up unless quota no is cut else with higher cost of running car, I cant imagine COE going any higher.

When do u guys think this thing will end or will it ever end...every other day the head line is record oil prices + stocks down + USD down + inflation up.....

Incidentally engine capacities on the road are getting larger on average..... 335s, GTRs, Gran Turismos......

The people who are most affected by the increase in fuel prices will be the low income buyers (e.g., people buying low cc cars) and the owners of cars with a high fuel consumption to car price ratio, e.g., rx-8. For this reason, sales of low priced cars and suvs have taken a beating. Conversely L and F car owners and buyers of luxury suvs are unlikely to sweat over the recent fuel hikes.

Petrol just went up again.... Did you noticed your electicity bill recently ? It's also going up very fast...

SPC cut petrol prices by *drum roll please* 4 cents today, not even enough to make up for the 5-cent hike previously...

Keppel Corporation Limited

... nevermind that crude futures have come off about 7% since last Thursday's record-highs. Meantime the market is rising again - better pump tonight!

well 4cents is better then nothing i guess.

kenntona;355003 said:
Incidentally engine capacities on the road are getting larger on average..... 335s, GTRs, Gran Turismos......

I second that ... Apparently it seems that bigger engine vehicles are the trend these days ...

hi guys...for an inline-6 engine like the one found in E90 323i, what is the minimum Ron rating of petrol required. my biz assoc told me he is pumping ron 95...but is that good for the engine?

saw the NEWS on this uncle who had to sell his bus & wind up his income becos petrol rise & not forgetting to fix safety belt at own cost !
the uncle say till wanna cry.................. sad...

Hahahaha....just look at AMG. Dump the 55 and in comes the 63. LOL. It's madness. Then again, we car owners screw ourselves. Don't need the Govt to do that coz it's our own desire that gets us into this mess. Solution, don't drive, sell your rides, take Govt's advice and utilise public transport. How does that sound? Sianz...life has no more meaning.

my friend told me he read in some forum about a theory

imagine..every car owners from singapore just buy petrol from shell. no other company except shell...then the rest of the company will be force to reduce price after a while to win back customer. if we just buy from shell...then all buy from whoever is cheaper etc..would this work? haha sounds logical...but dunno if its legal to actually post and get ppl to do it

yeah very bad theory...far from being possible.
u will see massive congestion into all Shell stations....

dunno about u guys...but whenever i go pump....i usually noticed there are 1 or 2 petrol kiosk next to each other...and not much cars pump..meaning most cars have different timing to pump their petrol..so maybe jam will not be that bad? and even if its bad..we may just suffer for like a few months before other company lower price? or it might cause the authorities to realise we are kinda like boycotting coz of price and they might actually do something? hahaha just a thought that this might work :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topcssgallery
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back