• BMW 523i

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lexus GS300

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Thanks for the warm welcome, Ryan!

kl88 said:
Hi Seaplane..

Before I cast my vote, I think (in my opinion) you need to ask yourself a coupla questions:

1. Are you the sort who'll buy a car and leave it 'stock' til the day you sell it, or are you the sort who will look into mods (eg. Internals and/or externals)?

2. Which would you rate as being more important... A spirited drive, or comfort?

If you're a buy-it-and-leave-it-stock kinda person, go with the GS... cos (IMHO), modding a Lexus, expecially exterior-wise, actually cheapens the overall look...

If you're a spirited driver, go with the beemer... cos there isn't a Lexus made yet, that is anywhere as rewarding a drive as a Beemer...

Ta..
Hi kl88,

Thanks for your contribution. I'm more of a stock guy. If you read my reply to Snail_Mobile (above), you'll know why I prefer the GS300. As for my wife, she likes 523i for its looks and status. Nothing else as she knows nuts about cars.

BMW i personally feel besides the allure of it's spirited drive next is the all impt Badge Symbol.
Perhaps i've grown up admiring the rich tow-kays drivin a BMW & MERC thus when i finally is able to own a humble E46 with my hard-earned dough i'm over the sky with it. :)

Owned a IS200 b4. More comfortable then my current E46? Yes... But handling is way off.
I prefer to ride my ride with spirits occassionally with CONFIDENCE....

Never drove the GS300 b4 but sat in one. Looks beautiful and a very comfy/serene ride. Lots of Creatures comfort to toy with but i like it simple. My heart is with BMW...:)

Cheers! :)

gadaffi said:
hii seaplane,
ya i did took part in the poll...
agree with u abt the interior bt r u looking 4 a car juz for the interior??
stability, performance, etc goes to bmw 523.
like wat SM say, go for the 525 instead, i truly support it.
share wit u something, i'm driving an e39 (6 years old car) n rx300 (less then a year).
for driving pleasure my e39 is far away better.
the servive site for the lexus is *@#**, they r terrible guys, honesty is not there...

BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW
BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW
BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW
BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW
BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW
Hi Gadaffi,

Thanks for sharing with me your experience with a Lexus car and your bad encounter with its service centre.

I think it's quite unfair to compare the drive of a sedan to a SUV, right? I'm not being biased here... Can I ask you a question? If you were in my shoes, what would you choose? You like the drive of the Beemer, but is really disgusted by its interior, would you still go ahead with the Beemer? I mean you'll be staring at something you don't like while you drive for the next 3 - 5 years (at least)... Can the drive of a car alone supersedes the other factors? I wonder...

It seems like I came in here bent on the GS300. Well, I am... My intention is not to belittle BMW but to present all these arguments/discussions to my wife so that she/we can have a clearer picture.

emiffy said:
Between 523i and GS300, I'd go for the GS300, more complete package.
Between GS300 and 525i, then the 525i wins, but only if you can live with the looks.

But all of them are wonderful cars, glad you're in the position to choose! :)
Hi Emiffy,

I can't stand the looks of the interior, that's why I prefer GS300. In fact, my wife doesn't like it as well but the status/brand and the exterior looks matter to her more... I guess guys and gals can hardly see eye-to-eye when it comes to cars...

Seaplane said:
Hi Gadaffi,

Thanks for your input. I believed you've taken part in the poll as well. My wife must be quite relieved now after going down 2 - 0 from the start. Score is Lexus 2 - 1 BMW 523i.

I truly believe a BMW drives much better than any other makes (I'll never take that away from a Beemer) but the interior of a 523i turns me off whenever I step into it. From the armrest area to the centre console... OMG... Drive/Performance are worthy of it's price tag, but CERTAINLY not it's interior/standard equipment.
Go for BMW523i never go wrong, is Germany v.s. Japanese ! Lexus & Toyota Mark X like same same.. haha

Seaplane said:
Hi everyone, my name is William, 28 yrs old. Pleased to be here. :)

My wife and I are having a hard time deciding between 2 cars. My wife prefers the Beemer 523i while I like the GS300. I was hoping to tap on your expertise on Beemers to help us determine which car to buy.

The prices for these 2 cars are about the same. I know a lot of pple raved about a Beemer's drive but in terms of standard equipment & comfort, the 523i is not quite up there with the GS300. If you were in our shoes, which would you choose? Do give us yr thoughts. Thank you in advance for your kind contribution.

you in sg forums aswell???

Would get the 523i solely on the looks... personal preference i guess. I do agree that both cars are good... but sometimes you get on a Lexus, its quite similar to a Toyota. Dont have the feel for it.

Seaplane said:
Hi kl88,

Thanks for your contribution. I'm more of a stock guy. If you read my reply to Snail_Mobile (above), you'll know why I prefer the GS300. As for my wife, she likes 523i for its looks and status. Nothing else as she knows nuts about cars.

I think you've pretty much answered your own question, and as you've pointed out, this exercise is more of a presentation of arguements, more than anything else.. In fact, I'm actually quite impressed that, given that this is a BMW Forum, your vote tally at this point, is pretty much 50:50... Kinda goes to show that you do get objective and unbiaised (good enuf) contributions...

Here's a thought... Since you like the GS so much, just go fer it! (I'm sure you won't regret it)... and as for the Mrs., either buy her (or let her buy her own) E90... If budget doesn't allow at this time, then just put aside a Khong Guan cookie tin, and start saving...

Cheers...

PS, I'll put my vote in now...

gadaffi said:
the servive site for the lexus is *@#**, they r terrible guys, honesty is not there...

BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW
BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW
BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW
BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW
BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW BMW

COPY CAT!!

Last when i own a lexus (2yrs ago), the after sales service has always been Boh bey Zhao... especially their annual golf invitaion(free)... knn everi hole got chio bu serving Beer.. i spent half of my game in the hut enjoying the beer and company..kekekeke.. ok mayb now their aftersales service change liao... they serve Taohuay jui.

eric3417 said:
BMW i personally feel besides the allure of it's spirited drive next is the all impt Badge Symbol.
Perhaps i've grown up admiring the rich tow-kays drivin a BMW & MERC thus when i finally is able to own a humble E46 with my hard-earned dough i'm over the sky with it. :)

Owned a IS200 b4. More comfortable then my current E46? Yes... But handling is way off.
I prefer to ride my ride with spirits occassionally with CONFIDENCE....

Never drove the GS300 b4 but sat in one. Looks beautiful and a very comfy/serene ride. Lots of Creatures comfort to toy with but i like it simple. My heart is with BMW...:)

Cheers! :)

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your contribution. Think you and my wife are going to 'click'... She likes the Beemer purely because of the brand/status.

iScoupe said:
Go for BMW523i never go wrong, is Germany v.s. Japanese ! Lexus & Toyota Mark X like same same.. haha
Hi iScoupe,

GS300 and Mark X does have a similarity 'cause they're using the same platform but that's about it. VW Touareg and Porsche Cayenne are sharing the same platform too, but it's a world of difference when it comes to status/quality.

Let's not talk about Jap vs German. Let's do a German vs German. Has anyone here sat in the new Audi A6? The quality of the finishing/worksmanship are better than the Beemer. Everything from the door to the buttons feel solid. Nothing plasticky about them. The computer system is much easier to use (compared to the BMW iDrive) and the sound system is great! I don't understand why Beemer can't give us what Audi can. I guess BMW more than made up for it with its SPIRITED drive and status.

SEI said:
you in sg forums aswell???
Hi SEI,

You're not seeing double man. I'm indeed inside SGForum as well. Trying hard to gather feedbacks from all the car enthusiasts out there. Do take part in the poll. Thank you.

Seaplane said:
Hi iScoupe,

Let's not talk about Jap vs German. Let's do a German vs German. Has anyone here sat in the new Audi A6? The quality of the finishing/worksmanship are better than the Beemer. Everything from the door to the buttons feel solid. Nothing plasticky about them. The computer system is much easier to use (compared to the BMW iDrive) and the sound system is great! I don't understand why Beemer can't give us what Audi can. I guess BMW more than made up for it with its SPIRITED drive and status.

If Audi A6 Non Quattro vs 523 then has to be 523 coz I hv a strong fetish for RWD cars:yummie:

haha the poll is amazing exactly even.....

xuexun said:
Would get the 523i solely on the looks... personal preference i guess. I do agree that both cars are good... but sometimes you get on a Lexus, its quite similar to a Toyota. Dont have the feel for it.
Hi XueXun,

I understand where you're coming from... Do you know how I feel when I'm inside the 523i? I feel like I'm inside a KIA / Hyundai! No offence. I think the 3-series' interior is much better than the 523i and the 7-series is the BEST of the BEST!!! It's my DREAM MACHINE! Too bad I can't afford a 7-series.

kl88 said:
I think you've pretty much answered your own question, and as you've pointed out, this exercise is more of a presentation of arguements, more than anything else.. In fact, I'm actually quite impressed that, given that this is a BMW Forum, your vote tally at this point, is pretty much 50:50... Kinda goes to show that you do get objective and unbiaised (good enuf) contributions...

Here's a thought... Since you like the GS so much, just go fer it! (I'm sure you won't regret it)... and as for the Mrs., either buy her (or let her buy her own) E90... If budget doesn't allow at this time, then just put aside a Khong Guan cookie tin, and start saving...

Cheers...

PS, I'll put my vote in now...
Hi kl88,

I'm really impressed by the results of the poll so far. This really goes to show the people here are really unbiased. You guys/gals are great! Thanks for your contributions so far!

The only thing that makes me wanna have the 523i is my wife. It's her dream and I don't wanna have any hand in destroying it. But at the same time, I don't want to frown everytime I get into a car... Sigh... In a perfect world, I'll get a car for myself and one for my wife. Maybe I should start some fund-raising and do a 'TT Durai'... :p

Orh LuLu said:
COPY CAT!!

Last when i own a lexus (2yrs ago), the after sales service has always been Boh bey Zhao... especially their annual golf invitaion(free)... knn everi hole got chio bu serving Beer.. i spent half of my game in the hut enjoying the beer and company..kekekeke.. ok mayb now their aftersales service change liao... they serve Taohuay jui.
Hi Orh Lulu,

Actually I'm pretty impressed with the aftersales service from the Lexus folks. I got a friend whose family owns 2 Lexus (SC430 & RX300). They always get invitations to events and gifts on their birthdays. Don't know about BMW. Anyone care to contribute?

TripleM said:
If Audi A6 Non Quattro vs 523 then has to be 523 coz I hv a strong fetish for RWD cars:yummie:
Hi TripleM,

I agree with you. A non-Quattro Audi is no where near a Beemer in terms of drive/performance/dynamics. That's why it's not in the picture. Thanks again for your active participation in this thread. Cheers!

SEI said:
haha the poll is amazing exactly even.....
Hi SEI,

Yes, surprise isn't it? A GS300 can actually garner an equal amount of votes (so far) in a BMW forum. Well, I was confident that the folks here would be objective and unbiased enough to help me out, that's why I dared to post a thread here.

Seaplane said:
Has anyone here sat in the new Audi A6? The quality of the finishing/worksmanship are better than the Beemer. Everything from the door to the buttons feel solid. Nothing plasticky about them. The computer system is much easier to use (compared to the BMW iDrive) and the sound system is great!

Hi Seaplane,

I think the brand/status thingy is what other people cast on you. I drove an Audi before and never get as much attention as BMW. If u are running a business, this will be an important point.

Build and finishing wise, Audi win hand-down. But, you can always change the trim of your 523. I quite like the front of GS300 but not its back. Having said that, I think the maintenance cost of GS300 is definitely lower than beemer or audi.

Talking abt unbiased feedback...haha.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jun88gamevip

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back