The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Re: The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Sprawler;932087 said:
If im not wrong the only trophy you all have more is epl, and by 1 only right? Our other cups>>> yours eh:shakemyb:

STILL LIVING IN THE PAST! mmmmm like one of my bro here......d a s h .

jonleeck;932090 said:
STILL LIVING IN THE PAST! mmmmm like one of my bro here......d a s h .

The past is what defines us.:cool:

Okay la, at least good to know got steady football supports over here

1980: ON June 28, coach Jita Singh emulates Choo Seng Quee's feat three years earlier with a Malaysia Cup final victory - a 2-1 win over defending champion Selangor. Fandi Ahmad, 17, scored the winner.

1981: SINGAPORE out of the Malaysia Cup for the first time since 1921.

1982: MERLION Cup, Singapore's first soccer international, is launched.

1983: "UNCLE" Choo Seng Quee, arguably the greatest post-war coach in Malaysia and Singapore, dies.

1989: FIRST foreign players for Singapore team - Yugoslavs Josko Spanjic and Boris Lucic.

1992: AN all-time record crowd of 22,071 paid a record $58,000 on Feb 15 to watch the Premier League's "Battle of the Giants" between Geylang International and Tiong Bahru CSC, which ended 0-0.

1992: GEYLANG International wins the Premier League title for record fifth season, bringing its tally to eight since the domestic league was revamped in 1975.

1992: SINGAPORE goes down to Division Two of the Malaysia Cup Semi-Pro League for the first time since the competition started in 1921.

All history, but I am sure you will be asking me "what's the relevance?"

kenntona;932103 said:
1980: ON June 28, coach Jita Singh emulates Choo Seng Quee's feat three years earlier with a Malaysia Cup final victory - a 2-1 win over defending champion Selangor. Fandi Ahmad, 17, scored the winner.

1981: SINGAPORE out of the Malaysia Cup for the first time since 1921.

1982: MERLION Cup, Singapore's first soccer international, is launched.

1983: "UNCLE" Choo Seng Quee, arguably the greatest post-war coach in Malaysia and Singapore, dies.

1989: FIRST foreign players for Singapore team - Yugoslavs Josko Spanjic and Boris Lucic.

1992: AN all-time record crowd of 22,071 paid a record $58,000 on Feb 15 to watch the Premier League's "Battle of the Giants" between Geylang International and Tiong Bahru CSC, which ended 0-0.

1992: GEYLANG International wins the Premier League title for record fifth season, bringing its tally to eight since the domestic league was revamped in 1975.

1992: SINGAPORE goes down to Division Two of the Malaysia Cup Semi-Pro League for the first time since the competition started in 1921.

All history, but I am sure you will be asking me "what's the relevance?"

Wah you have to chill leh bro, your statistics too fierce for me already. You bomb me so many numbers, dont even know real one anot. :offtopic:

Sprawler said:
Wah you have to chill leh bro, your statistics too fierce for me already. You bomb me so many numbers, dont even know real one anot.

Those are facts, but I am not too keen too. I love Singapore soccer in the 80s, and then the 90s. Now, I find a huge dilution in the local soccer culture.

Gone are the days, fact.

Even if we win anything, it feels different. Opinion.

Bottomline is, the past is just memories.

We live in the present. And it is the PRESENT PERFORMANCE which decides whether my team wins anything or not.....

My allegiance stems from the club history, and the many years of fond memories, but I look FORWARD for games week after week.

Not backwards.

Sprawler is just trying to say the scoreline is 2:3, same as Man U's score.

The similarities stop there.

Because the Man U Hao lians here cannot accept that Liverpool be placed in the same bracket (because the are 6 points clear at the summit of BPL)

Liverpool is not in the force it was. So they are gloating over it. Let it be.

So Sprawler, don't need to argue, they are talking about NOW (6 points clear at the top of BPL), so let them sing when they're winning.

Live and let live. As far as I am concerned, the last I check, we still have 5 stars NOW.

YNWA

Sprawler;932087 said:
If im not wrong the only trophy you all have more is epl, and by 1 only right? Our other cups>>> yours eh:shakemyb:

dash;932124 said:

Because the Man U Hao lians here cannot accept that Liverpool be placed in the same bracket (because the are 6 points clear at the summit of BPL)

So Sprawler, don't need to argue, they are talking about NOW (6 points clear at the top of BPL), so let them sing when they're winning.

Live and let live. As far as I am concerned, the last I check, we still have 5 stars NOW.

YNWA

HARLOOOOW HARLOWW>>>>>> he mention! liverpool total haul > united!
mai selective reading leh!~

dash said:

Precisely. And that's our points. Nothing else. History will not change any fact on the current situation.

dash said:

The words like 'hao lians" and "gloating" are totally unnecessary in this discussion. I have not posted anything to invoke hostility.

Wei, boh leh, never selective reading leh.
He 明明 mentioned that 2:3 score is the same.
U say not same leh. Now who selective reading? :p

Chill leh everyone. Mai argue over this la, will argue until no end one. :argue:
Both teams got their strengths and weaknesses.
Either way 'You'll Never Walk Alone
I don't live in Liverpool, Liverpool lives in me' quote too sexy already, :thumbsup: to you!

dash said:
He 明明 mentioned that 2:3 score is the same.
U say not same leh. Now who selective reading? :p

Scorelines same but situations differ.

A Chery QQ can drive at the same speed as a Ferrari, does not mean that they are the same kind of car. Sure, you can argue that both travelled at 80 kph in KPE tunnel and CTE and PIE and even same 20 kph in traffic jams.....

But we know they are not the same cars.

Sorry, does not mean you come my place watch football, I must agree with you....

doesn't mean u play football with us ...we must agreed with u too.
dosen't mean u buy me lunch.....i must agreed with u too.
dosen't mean we are very bro....i must agreed with u too.
fact is united 60> liverpool 59.

dash;932124 said:

YNWA

OUI! u mention gloating and haolian...... seem refering to me ley! tio boh?

jonleeck said:
OUI! u mention gloating and haolian...... seem refering to me ley! tio boh?

Friends do not call friends HAOLIAN and GLOATING !!!

So much so for friendship !!!

basket kenn! LOL!............

i wanna 1 slice 2 pieces with him!

Sprawler;932163 said:
:dramamam:

u started the flame............... u better dun go!

Wa. Play until picture come out!

PUT TIME PUT PLACE!!!! JIA!

WE GO FUTSAL. Then play PS3.

first i need to Mbar. because I owe Sanricas. PUT TIME PUT PLACE JIA!

Sprawler, come join us. U know how to futsal? We need men!

Sprawler;932085 said:
Actually you are right, ill keep the bimmer. same like how manu can never be at liverpools level. Total trophies says it all, YNWA bro.

manchester united got man u tv, chelsea also got chelsea tv...

liverpool also got their own channel..

history channel!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xocdiaonlinelife

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back