the BRO thread

Re: the BRO thread

when u pull ur skin back, is it painful?
if yes, how to wash inside?

kenntona;468400 said:
Kim,

My thoughts......

One, nothing wrong with Bro-ing all over, but it takes a certain level of intimacy for some, if not all, to be comfortable with that. The analogy will be to put your hand on a lady's waist, or a peck on the cheek. These are gentlemenly gestures, but you simply cannot do it on every lady you see. Ed's comments exemplified this point. You have to take some time to reckon who you could label BRO and who you could not.

Two, nothing wrong with extending your hands out to make friends. In fact, I admire your enthusiasm. But friendship takes two hands to clap. That means while you wanna talk, you need to listen. This is crucial when you stepped into a party, you assimilate. You stretch out your hands and extend your greetings, but you listen and talk, and try to understand the culture, the values, the group dynamics. In doing so, you will be understood perfectly, not misunderstood. But if you insist on talking and not listening, you will be caught wondering why some are offended.

Just my thoughts.

Hi Kenn,

Understood perfectly what you meant..... As explained earlier, the word bro is a greeting I use on friends or ppl whom I want to be friendly with in real life....little do I know that it is viewed differently here.....If it make you feel uncomfortable...I retract the address becos I do not want to lose a potential friend in you or some of the other forummer.....

Why I reply only to you, terry, toto, iscoupe and a few of the other forummers only is becos I feel that you guys, while having fun in this thread, are putting your point straight and without prejudice... Whether we can be friends or even the"BRO" level in the future or not, it is a gesture I respect.

I have no interest in any popularity voting game or whatsoever.....I am jux here to know more friends, as I do not have the luxury to do so over the last decade. I reckon if I post actively, and be helpful in one way or another, I will be able to make more friends here..... alas...little do I know that it brought out a nasty side of a forum.....figure pointing, accusations and unnecessary attention.

I will not post in threads like this anymore to reduce animosity and misunderstanding. But nothing will stop me from my rights to making new and old friends here by posting actively.....

Take good care....and wave back or have a chat when we meet each other at any meetups.... you will realise I da sincere man too.

Cheers

kim_pioneer;468875 said:
I have no interest in any popularity voting game or whatsoever.....I am jux here to know more friends, as I do not have the luxury to do so over the last decade. I reckon if I post actively, and be helpful in one way or another, I will be able to make more friends here..... alas...little do I know that it brought out a nasty side of a forum.....figure pointing, accusations and unnecessary attention.

kim_pioneer;467515 said:
Thanks to Bro toto and the group of lao chios, who, out of goodwill are afraid that I become a post whore; you probably got to know me earlier from his now famous (or infamous)thread liao:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

let me offer some friendly advice and observations, in addition to what kenn has said...

1. take your time. don't rush.
2. sometimes, quality is better than quantity.
3. there is a fine line between "trying hard" and "trying too hard".
4. there is a difference between offended and annoyed/irritated.
5. learn to use "multiquote" and "edit" functions to avoid being labelled as post whore.
6. do a forum search for racist comments to see what "nasty side" really means.
7. if you offer advice or opinions, be prepared to get called out on it. caveats will not matter if you can't substantiate the given advice or opinions.
8. don't make statements that you are not absolutely sure of. (eg. "original creator of Ai * Mai")
9. don't make generalised statements on behalf of the forum. (eg. "I'm sure the forummers here will be more than happy to help")
10. Kiang too ho, mai kei kiang...

so far, most post have been relatively mild - mainly poking only.
i want to believe that it's because most posters (as I do) consider you sincere, inspite of your somewhat, imo, irritating posts.

all said and done, have fun here and do continue your exuberance.

ps it's lau jiao, not lau chio, unless you mean lau chio...

cheers

edlms;469005 said:
let me offer some friendly advice and observations, in addition to what kenn has said...

5. learn to use "multiquote" and "edit" functions to avoid being labelled as post whore.
7. if you offer advice or opinions, be prepared to get called out on it. caveats will not matter if you can't substantiate the given advice or opinions.
8. don't make statements that you are not absolutely sure of. (eg. "original creator of Ai * Mai")
9. don't make generalised statements on behalf of the forum. (eg. "I'm sure the forummers here will be more than happy to help")

i want to believe that it's because most posters (as I do) consider you sincere, inspite of your somewhat, imo, irritating posts.

cheers
Buddy, ai golf Mai?

hitmee;468842 said:
when u pull ur skin back, is it painful?
if yes, how to wash inside?

when i pull back last time when i was young pain... as years goes by it became more elastic... now can wash inside....

edlms;469024 said:
got date yet? i'm off to shanghai first thing next week...

cheers

omg shanghai.... the chicks there are godly

edlms;469024 said:
got date yet? i'm off to shanghai first thing next week...

cheers
Buzz me when you back then, we arrange the following wk of 7 Sep. Except for Wed, I'm gd all week. Will jio Breyton also..

Hv a Gd trip bud.

u da man...every post also got cheers... skali tmr toto start the CHEERS THREAD...

:lol2:

AC Boy;469035 said:
Buzz me when you back then, we arrange the following wk of 7 Sep. Except for Wed, I'm gd all week. Will jio Breyton also..

Hv a Gd trip bud.

cool... will do and thanks

Terry;469036 said:
u da man...every post also got cheers... skali tmr toto start the CHEERS THREAD...

:lol2:

it's been that way for a long time... remember one time i was so grossed-out and appalled by one of your post and left out the "cheers"? ha ha...

how else to end a post? guess i could sign off as "ed"...

ed

edlms;469005 said:

cheers

Brutally honest and straight to the point. Hope that such kind advice are taken in good light. I doubt this forum is nasty. Trust me, it could have been worse. It's been fairly mild... The real flaming hasn't started cuz everyone is merely poking as per what ed said... I love point 10, effective summary.

seriosuly the nastiest forum is sgforum....

once a grp of WRX and civic drivers ask for a fight... i came with SEI ( fellow forumer )

bunch of ah bengs... really schoolboy bully.... shouting like they have no mother...

they gave wrx and civic drivers a real bad name,,,as well as shame to singaporeans....

heng all BMW drivers got tak chek one.... we all use our intellect not go around shouting..... if not kim will have kena shouted worth 48 pages long.... DAMN 48 PAGES...thats alot !!!

cunt

Terry;469045 said:
seriosuly the nastiest forum is sgforum....

once a grp of WRX and civic drivers ask for a fight... i came with SEI ( fellow forumer )

bunch of ah bengs... really schoolboy bully.... shouting like they have no mother...

they gave wrx and civic drivers a real bad name,,,as well as shame to singaporeans....

heng all BMW drivers got tak chek one.... we all use our intellect not go around shouting..... if not kim will have kena shouted worth 48 pages long.... DAMN 48 PAGES...thats alot !!!

cunt
YA F00kin SGFORUM Sucks!!!!!!!:biggun:

edlms;469005 said:

cheers

PMed you with tks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xoso66vna
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back