The way TPs makes safety a concern

Red_Bean_Bun

Have you encounter situations where you have cars jamming brakes, slowing down as they approach an overhead bridge then speed up. Sometimes also notice that as they slow down the car looks unsteady ?

That's because they are looking up at the bridge and trying to spot the white ants instead of keeping their eye on the road.

Those white ants are distracting and they should seriously rethink what they are really doing - collecting fines or reinforcing the idea of public safety.

If it is the latter - their actions are an oxymoron and makes it clear that they are not into driving safety which is a big issue with their charter.

Re: The way TPs makes safety a concern

Which is why it's a safety concern ......motorist spend a bunch of time trying to spot them - turning their heads to the bushes at the side and not keeping their eyes on the road ahead of them.

SapphireSpite;963091 said:
Actually , now they hide at the sides if the bridge :( not exactly visible when you look up

RBB, u haven't blamed FT n government yet...

SapphireSpite;963091 said:
Actually , now they hide at the sides if the bridge :( not exactly visible when you look up

They dont do overhead bridge anyone. i got a speed ticket a month back without even seeing it. Morning around 10am at SLE toward woodlands, a route that i hardly take.

Will mototist be happier if garmen announe to add 1000 hidden camara island wide to encourage safe driving within speed limit? Don't ever need to look for the white ant Liao.

i just drive slow thus no need to check for TP..................safety comes first

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Agree with TS. Also I could be stereotyping but I still holds on to my belief that LTA's focus is on money driven objectives... well, I can be wrong :lol:

Anyway, I believe this issue will be solved within this decade, simply because once the GPS 'ERP' system gets in place, they have e option to upgrade the system to track travelling speed i.e. the vehicle that exceed the speed limit, it will be flagged in the system.

ac323;963136 said:
i just drive slow thus no need to check for TP..................safety comes first

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Eh. Your drive slow is much faster than my fast oredi.

Red_Bean_Bun;963090 said:
Have you encounter situations where you have cars jamming brakes, slowing down as they approach an overhead bridge then speed up. Sometimes also notice that as they slow down the car looks unsteady ?

That's because they are looking up at the bridge and trying to spot the white ants instead of keeping their eye on the road.

Those white ants are distracting and they should seriously rethink what they are really doing - collecting fines or reinforcing the idea of public safety.

If it is the latter - their actions are an oxymoron and makes it clear that they are not into driving safety which is a big issue with their charter.

Adam Road overhead bridge down from Lornie Road just before Farrer Flyover. Famous spot. :roll:

Just drive within speed limit - look out for other road users, no need to spot TP....

The way TPs makes safety a concern

wobbles;963176 said:
Just drive within speed limit - look out for other road users, no need to spot TP....

kinda oxymoron.... if everyone drove within speed limit, why do so many buy fast cars?

Meek;963179 said:
kinda oxymoron.... if everyone drove within speed limit, why do so many buy fast cars?

what are those fast car? maybe they go NSH often???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Problem is when other people start looking up instead of ahead that causes problems. Especially when you driving within the limits and the others are not.

Seen so many times the joker chiong on lane 1 to jam brake in front of a bridge then chiong again.

wobbles;963176 said:

Driving slow does not mean safe, just like driving fast doesnt mean reckless. Reckless and inconsiderate road hoggers equal in causing accidents

Sorry RBB, I thought this thread is an oxymoron itself... )=

shouldn't we stick to the speed limits and at the same time, don't stick too close to the car in front?

peace...

the enforcement measures is simply hopeless and many dangerous manner of driving is not weeded out as long as it is done within speed limits. I agree with RBB,objective is still $$$

jawzsg;963212 said:
the enforcement measures is simply hopeless and many dangerous manner of driving is not weeded out as long as it is done within speed limits. I agree with RBB, objective is still $$$
May I add this - even when it is done above speed limit. I too has always believed e objective is still $$$ motivated.

Traveling along roads at tuas and AYE, one will hardly have time to look out for TP. They are all too busy looking out for speeding trucks, lorries, buses etc. sometimes I feel endangered by these vehicles and it's happening for years but TP only focus on illegal mods and petty speeding incidents.

TP should learn from Malaysian polis. They don't need to hide with any cameras to spot errant drivers. They just pull you over on the NSH and say, "Oh you were $peeding - 122kph."

Cutting-edge telepathic radar gun.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mksportpics

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back