Those who changed ATF, what brand do you use ?

xeonm3

Hi all, just want to know who have change their ATF and what brand ATF do you use ? Do you mix with ZF ATF ? What's the effect after changing ? I'm thinking of using Redline D4 ATF... anyone using ? thanks for the input...

Re: Those who changed ATF, what brand do you use ?

Just changed using ZF but dont feel a diff at all really. Guess becos my car only got 15k mileage :) Maybe just kiasu but dont trust other brands other than the original from the gearbox manufacturer.

Pentosin makes a good ATF for BMW vehicles.

Regards,
Mark

Red_Bean_Bun;602058 said:
Torco.................

you must be a Patrician too... ( :

Just change mine today. Mileage about 50K.

7 liters ZF oil ( has the same OEM part no recommended by BMW )and filter pan bought from this forum site sponsor.

I am happy that one of this forum site sponsor workshop offer to replace the ATF oil at reasonable price. Very good service too. Mechanic seem very experiences and knowledgeable.

My ride seem smooth now. Damage less then SGD500 total. Money worth spend to make sure that your ride last longer. Especially with the rising COE.

Cheers.

Just change ATF more than a week ago , use ZF . Also change spark plug , use Denso VK20 iridium . Ride very much smoother . Total cost $425 . Money well spent . BTW , first change of ATF n spark plug in near to 7 years , mileage 53k . 520i E60

thanks for all the input... I also just changed not long ago... decided to go for ZF... safer ...
result -- smoother gear change...

saharalah;602070 said:

7 liters ZF oil ( has the same OEM part no recommended by BMW )and filter pan bought from this forum site sponsor.

I am happy that one of this forum site sponsor workshop offer to replace the ATF oil at reasonable price. Very good service too. Mechanic seem very experiences and knowledgeable.

My ride seem smooth now. Damage less then SGD500 total. Money worth spend to make sure that your ride last longer. Especially with the rising COE.

Cheers.

share the site sponsor leh... ( :

Chershen. Send you PM.

In order to be fair to others workshops sponsoring this forum. I will not name it publicly. But you can call around and ask for quote.

Cheers.

OWS for mine ATS, so far so good and smooth....

Just change mine, milage 120K.
OWS and filter pan from BVO. My ride seems smoother with better FC. No more jerking coming to stopping.

saharalah;602660 said:
Chershen. Send you PM.

In order to be fair to others workshops sponsoring this forum. I will not name it publicly. But you can call around and ask for quote.

Cheers.

Hi can I trouble you to PM me as well? Would like to change as my mileage is around 44k now. thanks!

44k mileage is a bit too early....change it in the region of 50k-60k is fine.

saharalah;602070 said:

Cheers.

Golf-mass;602084 said:
Just change ATF more than a week ago , use ZF . Also change spark plug , use Denso VK20 iridium . Ride very much smoother . Total cost $425 . Money well spent . BTW , first change of ATF n spark plug in near to 7 years , mileage 53k . 520i E60

Hi, please PM me which workshop you went to, about time to change mine too. Thanks!

como;606893 said:
44k mileage is a bit too early....change it in the region of 50k-60k is fine.

I had the impression that the recommended mileage to change is 40k from the other posts here... anyway, I guess by the time I get round to arranging it will be closer to 50k already.

Hi can you pls pm me which workshop to changed ATF, thanks.

saharalah;602070 said:

Cheers.

Bro, can PM me the workshop?

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back