Those who changed ATF, what brand do you use ?

Re: Those who changed ATF, what brand do you use ?

SO many interested bro..just mention the mechanic ..dont see any harm

zorro;607370 said:
SO many interested bro..just mention the mechanic ..dont see any harm

Alright since so many Bro want to know.

Most reputable BMW workshop quote SGD500 - SGD600 for ATF change with oil pan change. Depending what oil they use.

I decided to do some cost analysis. Below is what I did.

Since there is only one parts supplier sponsor in this forum.

Go to Eng Soon.
For E90 320 pre FL.
Buy 7 liters of ZF auto transmission oil SGD168 ( SGD24 per liter ) You can find the same part no on the oil pan underneath your car. Anyway just say auto transmission oil. They know what to give you. 7 bottles.
Buy oil pan filter SGD180 ( some workshop will tell you no need to change oil pan filter if mileage about 50K ) I highly recommend to change. You won't regret.

SGD168 + SGD180 = SGD348

Because there are a few sponsor workshop in this forum. I will not name the workshop.
Some workshop quote SGD100 plus just for labor charge. Some do not want to do if bring own oil/parts.

Only 1 workshop from this forum willing to change for me at reasonable price SGD60. I was impress with their work and service. I thought that since I only pay SGD60. They will do a half "F#@K" job. But no. Very professional.

Overall damage only 168+180+60 = SGD408.

For those with deep pocket. No problem with SGD100-SGD200 differences. Why waste time go there buy part and go there do service.
For those who buy BMW for utimate driving pleasure but everyday eat bread.....joking only lah...That's a lot.

You will find that you can actually reduce the maintenance cost of owning a BMW.

No hard feeling

Cheers

Guys, is it necessary to change the autotransmission oil pan(with strainer) as well? I understand the oil pan is very expensive.

I change mine with the OEM ZF ($200) at 40k The strainer is quite coarse and if you can clean them , I dont think you need to replace the oil pan but the rubber gasket on the oil-pan should be changed. There is Taiwan made selling at $140.

Since the entire housing is made of plastic and no local mechanic would clean the oil pan and we should change the rubber gasket, I figure its more worthwhile to change the entire oil-pan. There is a magnet to attract any loose metallic fragment drop from the auto-trans.

ocen;607605 said:
Guys, is it necessary to change the autotransmission oil pan(with strainer) as well? I understand the oil pan is very expensive.

by using sahara example, ATF (7L) + oil pan filter + labour = $408
so, rubber gasket (oem) + oil pan (oem) is another $ ?
planning to do it at 50k milleage :)

zorro;607610 said:
I change mine with the OEM ZF ($200) at 40k The strainer is quite coarse and if you can clean them , I dont think you need to replace the oil pan but the rubber gasket on the oil-pan should be changed. There is Taiwan made selling at $140.

Since the entire housing is made of plastic and no local mechanic would clean the oil pan and we should change the rubber gasket, I figure its more worthwhile to change the entire oil-pan. There is a magnet to attract any loose metallic fragment drop from the auto-trans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saharah got the oil-pan cheap @180 (maybe Euro drop la) and Oil pan assy comes with the rubber gasket... so his $408 is all included and provided the site sponsor still charge $60 for the labour.

wt_know;607611 said:
rubber gasket (oem) + oil pan (oem) is another $ ?
planning to do it at 50k milleage :)

ok ... budget $500 to refresh the gearbox to give it some new juice ... steady poon pi pi :thumbsup:

Double check with ES..I remember for LCI the oil pan is different and you can actually change the strainer and its much more cheaper but rem to change the rubber groumet/gasket..

wt_know;607617 said:
ok ... budget $500 to refresh the gearbox to give it some new juice ... steady poon pi pi :thumbsup:

The oil pan filter is actually the entire oil pan, gasket, everything. Just drop the old one and fix the replacement.

If you go Eng Soon. They always ask you. You want cheap one or OEM one.

SGD180 is the OEM one. Same as what BMW use but only no logo. You can tell the different if it is a cheapo one. You can actually ask ES to show you the different pan.

Never buy the Taiwan one. My friend use the Taiwan one and it leaks.

Cheers

thanks for the clarification :thumbsup:

saharalah;607685 said:
The oil pan filter is actually the entire oil pan, gasket, everything. Just drop the old one and fix the replacement.

If you go Eng Soon. They always ask you. You want cheap one or OEM one.

SGD180 is the OEM one. Same as what BMW use but only no logo. You can tell the different if it is a cheapo one. You can actually ask ES to show you the different pan.

Never buy the Taiwan one. My friend use the Taiwan one and it leaks.

Cheers

Thanks for all the info here, really good! Think I'm going to get mine changed soon.

Anyone knows how many litres of oil to buy for E60LCI?

715;607789 said:
Thanks for all the info here, really good! Think I'm going to get mine changed soon.

Anyone knows how many litres of oil to buy for E60LCI?

7-8L of ZF... can buy from Eng Soon cost $24/L... i changed mine last week...Highly recommended for those >60,000KM mileage... for EO, also about 6-7L of Mobile1 0W40.

Regular servicing is always good for our ride! Yeah!

Hi,

I bought one extra bottle of ZF from eng soon during recent ATF change. Willing to let go @ $20/-. Pls sms if keen (97122841).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back