~time to change tires~ recommendations pls :)

jylam

hi fellas,

like to ask if any one has any opinions on csc2? and also re050?
can they match up to ps2 in terms of performance and value for money?

as for comfort tires, besides gr80, any other excellent recommendations?

of cos, anyone with bad experiences with any of these tires (or any others) for e90, do care to share too...much appreciated!

Re: ~time to change tires~ recommendations pls :)

I hv used the CSC2, RE050 and PS2 and amongst those, PS2 is the most comfortable n best performance tires ( but it comes with hefty price tag )

CSC2 has superb high speed stability ( it's very much autobahn tire tread design ) but a bit weak in the wet. Its braking is one of the best too.

RE050 is a little stiff to my liking but if u r running on profile of 40 and above it's fine.
This tire is heaviest compared to the other two. Pretty good in wet road.

One of my favourites good value for rmoney tires is Dunlop Sport Maxx..very precise steering input, very good in wet weather and reasonably comfortable.

Stay away from F1 GS-D3........this tire was way overrated in tirerack survey report last year.

Thanks TripleM...
I've heard lots of rave reviews on PS2 and also its hefty price tag. S$320 per piece for 225/24/17 is one of the most expensive tyre.

However, I was told by the uncle from tyre shop that Michelin tyres are mostly made in Thailand and the mighty PS2 is from Brazil. Anyone care to commend on the quality of the Thai/Brazilian made tyres...

How much is Sportmaxx (225/45/17)?

dunno bout the 225/45/17
but the 225/40/18 is about 280bux per piece last yr

so i guess it's safe to take off like 20 bux

HI guys,

How's CSC3? Anyone has tried it? The uncles from tire shops tend to discourage me on Conti CSC2 tires saying that they're all very old stock. and qte a no of them very keen in promoting TOYO T1R for the price and performance.

Have been on RE050A 18s for 2 weeks liao.

LOVE 'EM!!!!!!!!!!! Very comfy but good grip......I was a little skeptical before I tried them but now quite convinced.

Not cheap and like what TripleM said, my profiles are 225/40 and they are very comfortable.

Was on RE040 and already felt they were veyr comfy and had decent grip both in the wets and dry.

Now with RE050A, good dah!

Cheers!

TripleM;172467 said:
One of my favourites good value for rmoney tires is Dunlop Sport Maxx..very precise steering input, very good in wet weather and reasonably comfortable.

I second that. A very good value-for-money tire, and the handling in wet is better than CSC2. The SportMaxx is like 60% the price of the CSC2, and less than 1/2 the price of PS2. Can change tires TWICE for the price of one of the more branded ones...

Hi Triple M,

I'm keen to know why you say the F1s are over-rated? Kindly share your thoughts.

Cheers,
B

so Sports maxx is good hur? will consider that.

For those who're using the mighty PS2, are they made in Germany, Brazil, Thailand? Any diff?

Cheers :)

I hv 2 friends who tried out on hankook tyre n both of them told me its really good in performance n real value for money,but they use diff model .One on the S1evo on a Lexus GS300 while the other is using the XQ Optimo on the BMW 7 series. I was told that now Hankook is quite popular in Germany n they hv snatch abt 10% or more of the Germany market.

I third the Dunlop Sport Maxx. Comfort, quiet, grip in wet and dry and it is reasonably priced. Mine are made in Germany.

rickyokc;172659 said:
I hv 2 friends who tried out on hankook tyre n both of them told me its really good in performance n real value for money,but they use diff model .One on the S1evo on a Lexus GS300 while the other is using the XQ Optimo on the BMW 7 series. I was told that now Hankook is quite popular in Germany n they hv snatch abt 10% or more of the Germany market.

Thats wat I heard too. Also Hankook is now used by Hamann Tuning so really if u think abt it they cannot be lousy at all, probably good actually. Just to let some of u have a feel of the prices of some tyres in my 235/35/19 size which I know.

Michelin PS2 - $620 ('cheapest tyre shop' in SG)
CSC3 - $540 (ditto)
GY Eagle F1 GSD3 - $320 (currently am using, price is lower than elswhere I think as bought with new rims as package)
Hankook Ventus K104 - $295 :) (Brother on mycarforum.com)

As u can see the price variations are :screwedu:

Ah Beng Brother,

Where is that 'cheapest tyre shop'? Can Pager Me!!

eldwin;172695 said:
Ah Beng Brother,

Where is that 'cheapest tyre shop'? Can Pager Me!!

Haiya..KNN page what...so trouble some. Its here. if print is too small just use magnifying glass.

POH HENG TYRE SHOP at ANG MO KIO Industrial Park

Eh Ah Beng ah, Is that where you got your rims too?

I heard the Volks there quite cheap leh.

Ok sorry for the O.T.

I've personally used Eagle F1 (German made ones) and changed to Dunlop Sportmaxx 3 weeks ago.

My observation about the Sportmaxx:

1) Dry grip is better than F1
2) Wet grip is on par with F1
3) They let go more progressively than F1 at the limit
4) The sidewalls are stiffer than F1
5) They are quieter than F1

All round, a better tyre...

I highly recommend them for street driving. You do get a lot of tyre for the money...

Raley;172703 said:
Eh Ah Beng ah, Is that where you got your rims too?

I heard the Volks there quite cheap leh.

Ok sorry for the O.T.

U meant my BBS CK rims? No I bot my Rims new with GY Eagle F1 GSD3, from:

SOUTH EAST TYRES

Beng, KAM SIA.....SIBEH TUA leh!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w9betgroup
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back