Tips: What to do if stopped by Malaysian police

isiowsg

For all who loved to drive up Malaysia, found this info and not sure if anyone here already shared this tips.

Procedures to follow in the event you are stopped by uniformed police officers while driving:-
1. Stop the car and wind down your window.
2. If the police officers ask for your documents, request to see their IDs first.
3. If you are satisfied about their identity, ask them if you are being summoned, and for what offence.
4. Produce your identity card and driver's license and wait to collect your summon ticket.

In the event that the police officers ask you to follow them to the police station:-
1. Ask if you are under arrest and for what offence.
2. If you are not under arrest, you have the right to leave.

In the event you are flagged down by persons you believe could be plain clothes police:-
1. Do not stop because plain clothes police officers do not have the authority to stop you.
2. Drive to the nearest police station and lodge a report. (The same procedure applies to pedestrians)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Tips: What to do if stopped by Malaysian police

To share some old experience. Once 20 years ago, i was stopped by plainclothes police team at NS Highway about 3km after a uniformed police speed stop check which i passed as i slowed down when my radar detector warned me of the speed gun. I wasn't even speeding after the 1st check point, but I paid the plainclothes police who was wearing a luminous vest & lanyard with some indistinguisable ID a $50 bribe. Their car was also an unmarked BMW by the roadside. Regretted ever since but then again i was young and balls weren't that big.

Re: Tips: What to do if stopped by Malaysian police

technically, you are right. you can do all that, and show how big your balls are...

realistically, you just wanna complete your journey and spend the time doing the things you love, minus the complications of having to go to the police station.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
500aetinfo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back