• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Tired of the E60 Ugly Side Mirrors - Options?

gotham88

Hi

The main thing I hate about the E60 is the ugly side mirrors. Checking around, I have been quoted about close to S$3k for a replacement pair!

Saw this on a website : E60 M5 STYLE ELECTRIC FOLD BACK MIRROR 2004+

This excludes shipping, re-spray and installation but still it will add up to S$1.5 k at most??

Anybody knows where we can get nicer looking replacement side mirrors that does not cost an arm and a leg in Singapore???

Re: Tired of the E60 Ugly Side Mirrors - Options?

Does not cost arm and leg? Then you must be driving the wrong car liaoz. Our marque, almost everything cost an arm and leg. You can also try AC. Their side mirrors are nice too but not sure if they tilt.

gotham88;482039 said:
This excludes shipping, re-spray and installation but still it will add up to S$1.5 k at most??
I think re-spray and installation shouldn't cost > $400 (assuming the mirror fits and no modification is needed to your existing motor). Not sure about shipping though. But certainly not > 1.5k.

Anyway, if you feel bad, just go and look at the Merc C class's mirrors. You'll feel better, I guarantee :p

there a dozen of threads on this...u can do a search.

imho, only the original m5 mirror from eng soon is worth doing...the others/replicas look like m3 mirror.

wah! mirror aso can change one ah?

:yikess:

very nice mirrors! to be honest price is around there wan

AC mirror can't tilt.............

cheers

hi i am driving a E90,can anyone advise can i go for the foldling mirror and how much will it cost

Hi nelson,

yes M3 mirror.....ard S$2k plus.........
you call Mike 9107 4888 (SWC)

cheers

Looks nice and it folds, anti fog and comes in a pair....too bad, never mention if its anti-glare.

Speaking of a pair...... wonder if the price of 639.99, assuming in Euro, is the price of a pair.

If so, then its only S$1280!!!!!! Plus airfreight, spray and fitting... shl cost below S$2000. If the price is in US$, then its even cheaper.

If it really looks n performs exactly like the real stuff.....then its more than a steal..... If group buy, we can even save on freight n workmanship.

Any bros who is driving a M-5 care to give us some comments after viewing the website.....

Cheers

this one defnitely much cheaper :) bt nt sure if it can fold upwards..

roger77;482197 said:
this one defnitely much cheaper :) bt nt sure if it can fold upwards..

Also, remember to check if its anti-fog, anti-glare.

Have you seen the real thing? Does it look close enough to the real stuff?

Dude, heed Hetraa's advise & do a search, I mean on genuine input/value-added threads.

Alternatively, contact those who have their e60s tastefully set-up, i/e Wilman, Hetraa, MW etc who can give you a heads-up on the mirrors & the many other mods they've.

As MW would not be logging in the forum, let me know if you like to keep in touch with him as we do meet from time-to-time.

Gd luck.

Oh yes, also remember to go with both your heart n your head. Work around your budget. While nothing beats the real M-mirror, but if there is a budget to work around, like most of us......then you have to check around to ensure the best value for your dollar.......

Most of us are not born rich or are already made for.....

Lots of info on the web too.

Cheers

Gotham88, theres a new set sitting in McWell at Paya Ubi.

Pop-by & take a look if it fits your car as diff year production has diff size of housing. If it does & since it has been sitting there for sometime now, can wrestle them on the price.

These are Replicas.......

They are molded from E39 M5 side mirrors.

Pic shown mirrors are mounted on E39 also........

I rather keep it stock than to put on E39 M5 looking side mirrors on my E60.

Or save abit longer & get the real E60 M5 mirrors!

I paid alot for them, but I never regretted.

One of the most satisfying exterior mods on E60 non-M5!

'The Great White'

AC Boy;482236 said:
Gotham88, theres a new set sitting in McWell at Paya Ubi.

Pop-by & take a look if it fits your car as diff year production has diff size of housing. If it does & since it has been sitting there for sometime now, can wrestle them on the price.

Bro AC,

Thanks for the tip - will check it out! I heard that BVO also has a product that is close to what's on the link I posted. Will be on abiz trip tomorrow - so will check out when I am back!!

BTW, to one of the postings here that asked if it's in Euros or USD - it's in USD. I actually got an email from them last night saying they will ship to S'pore but they won't have stock for at least 40 more days.

To the bro who say - original is best....I think no one will disagree!!!

Cheers!

well, i did alot of "research" here, and also E60 forums and many sites.

Conclusion:
a) on budget - buy replica and dont tell anyone. In Thai MBK, you can get abt $600~700??
b) abit of moola - buy from CarGym.com - Workout Your Car - CarGym.com
located in HK, but if u want can tilt, auto-dim etc...then ONLY PRE LCI got chance (those 2004~2006 or 7) but if yr car is LCI, then forget it, as you need local shop to do abit of mod on their mirrors to fit into LCI cars
c) go for real one locally. Its abt $3k + with spray + install, + PEACE Of MIND

as LCI has extra cables, I understood, which pre LCI M5 mirrors cant fit in, and LHD & RHD ver are diff, so avoid buy from eBay, unless u r sure.

there's a Denmark shop selling these products, ard Euro 800 for LCI cars.
but if you convert into S$, freight & re-spray..like i said, do locally for PoM. (not Boomz)
:dance:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mb66pcom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back