To Buy or not to buy (e90 320 vs IS250)

Status
Not open for further replies.

e46sg

Hi Folks,

its quite worrying reading of all the problems e90 owners face.

Plus the fact that the 320 is a little spartan in equipment.

Any comments on it versus the IS250. (of course base on reviews so far)

Hope to get some comments.

Re: To Buy or not to buy (e90 320 vs IS250)

Reviews of IS250 so far say it handles like a pig, it's apparently not as driver focused and dynamic than even the old IS200 let alone the new E90. I think Lexus has decided to not chase BMW in the dynamics stakes and take a more middle ground, taking customers away from the likes of Audi, Merc not just BMW.

What they do provide with the IS250 is a well built, very highly spec-ed small executive sedan at a pretty good price.

Ultimately, your choice, go test drive both cars and decide what's more important to you

Happy hunting!

e46sg said:
Hi Folks,

its quite worrying reading of all the problems e90 owners face.

Plus the fact that the 320 is a little spartan in equipment.

Any comments on it versus the IS250. (of course base on reviews so far)

Hope to get some comments.

honestly speaking if u put the E90 320 up against the new IS250... there's no competition la ( IS250 208bhp /252Nm/ 0-100 in 8.4s )... n if u put the 325 there... it would be abt 30k too expensive.... ( think i heard its going to be priced at 135k+ range)
people will choose the Beemer ONLY becos the Badge n the driver's appeal/handling...

IS250 will be my pick. 06 model V6 pumps 204 horse and 184 lb-ft torque. 6-speed manu-matic transmission. Input port for iPod, optional Mark Levinson audio, a navigation system with a rear-view camera, total of 10 air bags, Swiveling Xenon headlights, radar-sensed, pre-crash seatbelt tensioners.

The only setback is its advanced stability control system - it has no button to disable, unlike our bimmer's DSC/ASC control button.

6 pot vs 4 pot..no brainer here...however the 320 handles, it will still b looking at the tail of the 250.

hey ken.... tot the IS250 only have 8airbags (GS300 has 10) n the 300W Mark Levinson w 14 spreakers come standard? :)

definitely a more posh/luxurious cabin quality finishing... a bigger boot than the E90 too... ha
in addition... i prfer the new IS's look too...

Take the IS250. Then when bored of the power go and de-register the car, strip out all the panels and seats and aircon and transfer IS350 engine inside and twin turbo it!!

nevermind me..

anyway, IS250 man!

pg7170 said:
hey ken.... tot the IS250 only have 8airbags (GS300 has 10) n the 300W Mark Levinson w 14 spreakers come standard? :)
Peter, you might be right. I was told the 2 additional airbags are optional, as with the Mark Levinson system. Hmmm.

BlackStealth said:
Take the IS250. Then when bored of the power go and de-register the car, strip out all the panels and seats and aircon and transfer IS350 engine inside and twin turbo it!!
Bad bad boy, Des !!! Engine transplant is as exciting as adultery. Be caught and you might have to suffer. Not a bad idea, nevertheless.

If only the E90 320 were 6 potter. Else IS250 for the attractive specs n val for money

TripleM said:
If only the E90 320 were 6 potter. Else IS250 for the attractive specs n val for money
Maybe they will when they face lift the bugger.

is250 has quad cams! plus i'm still convincing myself to like the e90 styling.. haha..

that will take some work.... next time you see E90, take a close look at the interface at the corner of the windscreen where all the panels meet. if that isnt messy design, i dont know what is.

whilst the lexus wont handle as good as the E90, its still RWD and reasonably well balanced, so handling is not going to be bad, just not as good.

given all all the E90 then has to bring to the table is handling, i think the lexus is a very attractive proposition.

and if you are talking about after sales service and reliability, PML vs lexus borneo.... that fight is over before it even started.

The only factor against the Lexus now is the cost. I called up a sales exec last week. They were not willing to confirm the exact pricing but were taking preorders. I asked her what benefits are there for the preorders. She said basicallyyou'll get your car 1 month before the others who didn't preorder...

No surprises. Objectivity is a function of neutrality and fairness. Objectivity breeds credibility.

Also..
Being objective should lead to a better decision making w/o having to face after-purchase-disorder syndrome later on.
Swee2x....

kenntona said:
IS250 will be my pick. 06 model V6 pumps 204 horse and 184 lb-ft torque. 6-speed manu-matic transmission. Input port for iPod, optional Mark Levinson audio, a navigation system with a rear-view camera, total of 10 air bags, Swiveling Xenon headlights, radar-sensed, pre-crash seatbelt tensioners.

The only setback is its advanced stability control system - it has no button to disable, unlike our bimmer's DSC/ASC control button.

Hi ! Ken.

You forgot to add Steering Wheel with Paddle Shifer for IS250 :)

I think that IS250 is value for money as compared to E90 320i.

I still don't like the E90 320i interior (No offence to any E90 owner).

Cheers :)

go for the 320....and mod it up!

heh. easier to extract water from stone than mod valvetronic engine....
and i believe the E90 engine puts out a little more power than the E46 one, so mod gains will likely be even less at its probably at the limit of its efficiency.

end of the day, even with mods (save for a supercharger), you will still be some way off 205hp of the lexus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fun88141
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back