Too much Glare to be legal??

xuexun

Anyone read the Newpaper article yesterday reporting on headlights??
Here are some of the main points reported:
"
-169 motorists were caugth for various headlamp offences. These include illegal modifications to the headlamp assembly or the bulb to show coloured lights, using faulty headlamps and masking or obscuring headlamps.
-A maximun penalty of $1000 or a jail term of up to 3 months for the first offence. Repeat offenders are liable to a maximum penalty of $2000 or a jail term of up to 6 months.
-HID headlamps are allowed if they are factory fitted. Some workshops said that white bulbs must be below 4000K to pass LTA standards.
"
Hmm, i find it interesting to find out that only white bulbs under 4000K are allowed. Can anyone confirm this? I believe alot of people are using bulbs like the plilips diamond or crystal vision. Are they not allowed?

Re: Too much Glare to be legal??

Ooppsss..... But seriously, I myself find the diamond visions WAYYYYYYYYYY too briGHT....

But i just love it when the road signs are illuminated 100m away in a tinge of blueish white to signal my arrival... muahhahahahahah :)

they should just catch those clueless idiots on the road who switch on their rear foglamps and blind everybody behind them. how to let these people know their mistake?

maybe we can do a rear fog light awareness campaign. get all the other car forums to support. by placing ads on the sites.. email reminders in the newsletters... etc.

just a thought.

While we're doing awareness campaigns, we could also do 1 for "give way to ambulance!!!"
singapore drivers really need to be better educated on how to react when an ambulance comes up.

Racebred said:
they should just catch those clueless idiots on the road who switch on their rear foglamps and blind everybody behind them. how to let these people know their mistake?

Good one! I agree! I hate people who turn on their rear foglamps on the road as well!

Nowadays always kenna rear fog lights in my face with the rainy weather...

Everytime i get someone infront of me with his rear fog on... i'd overtake him... usually .... heh..

But i agree... it is indeed very pissy.. but then again .. he might not noe or either than that.. he thinks its cool .. bwahaha.

RaptureM3 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol2:

Are you thinking what i'm thinking?

I think I am B2, your rear fog lights 8000K one is it? so bright hahaha

Just for those who are interested and to confirm doubts about whiter bulbs, here is an email my fren forwarded me....
Our Ref:
Date: 24-JAN-2006
Tel: 1800-2255 582
Fax: 6553 5329

Dear Sir/Madam,

WHAT WHITE HEADLAMP BULBS ARE LEGAL?
FEEDBACK NUMBER: 321309

2 We would like to inform you that the Land Transport Authority (LTA) requires all designs of vehicle lights to bear approved markings to show that they comply with international standards, such as those adopted in the European Union countries, Japan and the United States. The colour temperature of headlamps that bear approved markings should not exceed 4000K.

3 As a free trading nation, we freely allow trade in items so long as they are used for legitimate purposes. Hence, we do not restrict the import and sales of vehicle accessories such as headlamps bulbs as some of these non compliant accessories could be sold for use on off-road vehicles or for export to other countries.

4 You may wish to know that we have no objection to the use of Philips Blue Vision, Silver Vision and Vision Plus bulbs as these models comply with ECE regulation and bear the ECE marking. However, for Philips Diamond Vision and Crystal Vision, we understand that these models do not comply with the internationally recognised standards and we therefore disallowed such bulbs.

5 We hope the above clarifies. Should you require further clarification, please contact us at 1800-2255 582.

Yours sincerely,

(SIGNED IN LOTUS NOTES)
LAM TIAM YUEN
ENGINEER (VEHICLE CONTROL SYSTEM)
VEHICLE ENGINEERING DIVISION
VEHICLE & TRANSIT LICENSING GROUP

Now i am confused. I always thought that Philips DV and CV bulbs were also approved by LTA. Anyway, I have the Diamonds DV bulbs in my car and had no problems with road blocks, TPs and the recent inspection I had done.

Racebred said:

I think rear fogs are fine when it is pissing down with rain and you cannot see more than a few meters in front of you. At least idiots will hopefully see you and not rear end your car!

People who use rear fogs on a clear day ought to be shot!

bmw4life said:
Now i am confused. I always thought that Philips DV and CV bulbs were also approved by LTA. Anyway, I have the Diamonds DV bulbs in my car and had no problems with road blocks, TPs and the recent inspection I had done.

Ya, I'm using Philips DV all this while for my ride headlights & I passed my recent vehicle inspection too. I think that it depends on what car you drive. If you're driving a Civic, Evolution or WRX, sure to be pulled over for the headlight offence. I'm not 'firing' directly at the mentioned 3 types or cars/owners, I was once a Civic owner, so I know that.

My apologies to any Civic, Evolution or WRX owners, if I've caused any unhappiness or discomfort to them. Basically, in the minds of the TPs & LTA, owning any 1 of the mentioned 3 above on Singapore roads, is already an offence here.

Regards

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arcade80

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back