Toyota/Subaru Compact Sports Car, Code: 086A - Confimed

Crufty Dusty

Re: Toyota/Subaru Compact Sports Car, Code: 086A

Basically the article is saying that a low-cost RWD from Toyota/Subaru is going ahead despite the gloomy economic outlook.

Picture looks like Aston Martin.

Yeah definitely reminded me of Aston Martin but somehow doesn't quite get it right.

quiet nice, can tell it is a rojak which takes cues from jaguar XF's headlight, Ford Focus front nose incl grill, roof line and mirror of Audi TT and overall shape of Aston Martin..quite power he...

no more liao

Carpocalypse Now: Toyota-Subaru Compact Sports Car Project Officially On Hold

The Carpocalypse strikes again. This time, it's the joint sports car project between hetero life mates Subaru and Toyota. We're now told the project is officially on hold.

The plan, to develop a pair of sporty small cars for sale by both automakers in 2011 using a version of the Subaru Impreza's platform, horizontally opposed boxer engine and
transmission. It reportedly modified Subaru's all-wheel drive drivetrain to a rear-drive setup and moved the engine slightly rearward in the chassis to improve weight distribution.
But none of that matters at the moment, because despite comments by Toyota's incoming new boss, Akio Toyoda, stating the project, code-named 086A, was proceeding as planned, that's now no longer the case.

We're now being told both companies are reporting the project is on hold due to the worldwide economic slowdown. [via Freep]

Mockngbrd;419029 said:
no more liao

Carpocalypse Now: Toyota-Subaru Compact Sports Car Project Officially On Hold

The Carpocalypse strikes again. This time, it's the joint sports car project between hetero life mates Subaru and Toyota. We're now told the project is officially on hold.

The plan, to develop a pair of sporty small cars for sale by both automakers in 2011 using a version of the Subaru Impreza's platform, horizontally opposed boxer engine and
transmission. It reportedly modified Subaru's all-wheel drive drivetrain to a rear-drive setup and moved the engine slightly rearward in the chassis to improve weight distribution.
But none of that matters at the moment, because despite comments by Toyota's incoming new boss, Akio Toyoda, stating the project, code-named 086A, was proceeding as planned, that's now no longer the case.

We're now being told both companies are reporting the project is on hold due to the worldwide economic slowdown. [via Freep]
I think Crufty's article address this article.

centurion;419038 said:
I think Crufty's article address this article.

I thought it's the other way around

Mockngbrd;419029 said:

ON-OFF ON-OFF ON-OFF.... now its seems to be ON again

According to the latest reports from Japan’s Best Car Magazine, it appears that the acclaimed Toyota Subaru sports car will finally be revealed at this year’s Tokyo Motor Show along with a new sport model, possibly the Toyota Supra successor. The new sports car developed in partnership with Subaru (known as 068A) will be a competitor for the upcoming Honda CR-ZX , so expect a really beautiful model carrying some hybrid technology. But this is not all! It appears that Toyota is also planning a new compact car, dubbed Vitz, which will be a rival for the Honda Civic! What the Japanese say is very simple: we have a new war between Honda and Toyota! And the good news is that we, a.k.a. the customers, will be the only winners of this battle!

toyota-subaru-sports-car.jpg

i am waiting for the full specs and the prices

Re: Toyota/Subaru Compact Sports Car, Code: 086A - Confimed

CEO says it's a GO

Toyota CEO confirms sports car collaboration with Subaru is a go - Worldcarfans

Toyota's President, Akio Toyoda, has officially confirmed the company will team up with Subaru to develop a new sports car. The announcement, made at an industry conference in northern Michigan, puts to rest rumors that the car has been permanently canceled.

While few details were released, Toyoda said "I want to see Toyota build cars that are fun and exciting to drive." He added that the new sports car would help Toyota accomplish this goal and that he is "...very excited about it..." and plans to fast-track it.

The car is expected to feature sporty styling (as these rendering suggest) and a powerful but fuel efficient engine. Speculation seems to indicate that the car will come equipped with a 2.0-liter Subaru boxer engine that would produce between 118kW (160hp) and 147kW (200hp).

This is the second time the Toyota/Subaru sports car has been green lighted for production. Back in April 2008, Toyota and Subaru released a statement saying a new rear-wheel coupe would arrive in dealerships by the end of 2011. Less than a year later, the car was officially put on hold, when both companies announced the economic downturn had changed their priorities.

Speculative renderings below

YAAY!!!! NA, for sure, right? 2L engine to make 160 to 200HP gotta be NA lah, coz CTR already 220HP on 2L.

If this thing sell S$75K I think it's just in time for a limited stock car race series in Changi track. Or Sepang if Singapore got no balls for the Changi track.

yea, it's one car i'll be looking out for if the price is right.
my guess is initial launch with NA cars, prob. force induction from scooby 1-2yrs down the line

The bottom right image looks quite good...what is it gonna be called? Toyoru or Subata?

top right image looks like a baby 599GTB... sweet

Erik, Mike, Louis, everyone.... BUY! This or the Genesis. Then start a specification league where finally it is about driving and not about car. All the right basics.. RWD, manual, cheap...

The Genesis is pretty ugly man.

And they couldn't make the Lexus hatch OFF THIS!!???

instead of a POS corolla??

Morons.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgripe
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back