Trade in by PML - Comment

Khoo

To all Brothers and Sisters...Comment if any...
Personally I feel that when we trade in our car in PML, the trade-in price is pretty much lower.
Why I say that is becos I ever experience it myself.

In year 2007, (as I was driving E46 then), I have the thoughts of a switch to C200.
The trade in value for my E46 (which is only 2.5 years old) by C&C was in fact 3k more than PML, but becos of my deep 'love' for 3 series, I opt for the E90 instead.

And now, I have thoughts of changing my current E90:verysad:(registered in Dec-2007) again and have gather PML to assist to provide the quote for the trade in....was pretty surprise that the quote was only 78k.

Guess some of you may encounter the same issue and any advise on how to get the best out of our trade-in car?
Appreciate any reply.....

Re: Trade in by PML - Comment

Privately sell it on SGCarmart.com.

the price of ur trade in car is as good as the external dealer who camps in PML. he is not employed by PML

sell it urself. gets u the highest value.

Yes, when I traded in my ride at PML i got a rock bottom price! Regretted, perhaps can get a better deal on SGCarmart!

Low tradein price is almost guaranteed there

i believe the trade in quote is sometimes dependent on your sales rep. When a friend of mine spoke to her PML SE, she got a crappy trade in quote. Then I spoke to my PML SE and got her 10k-20k more (if memory serves me right). I can't remember the exact amount but it was a fair chunk of change.

so it can depend on your SE's network too.

but no matter what, trade in can't beat selling it privately. It's just like selling to a dealer, isn't it? And when you trade in cars, you get the convenience of handing over your current car only when your new car arrives. That's worth something, right? Nothing in life is free.

When you trade in your car with PML, the assigned 2nd hand dealer who is stationed there will be the one taking in your old car. The SE will make a cut out of your new car purchase as well as the trade in car. Definitely happy to make some side money. If you get bad trade in, you can try to call off the purchase and see if you can get alittle more discount on the new to get a more balanced price on both ends. May or may not bite. Just my 2 cents

Khoo. Don't accept the first number given to you. Just be thick-skinned and push your SE. You may be surprised at what he can do... Of cos selling it your self may get u a better price. But be prepared for the hassle.

sgcarmart is still the way to go for seller looking for potential buyer who know how to appreciate the car :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back