Trading in my 320I for 120

Re: Trading in my 320I for 120

thanks guys for the inputs :)

i'm very new to all these...u guys say drive longer then dont lose so much..but if i drive say 1 more year...the resale price will drop...so how is it that i lose less?

Had an hour to kill last week and popped into the showroom at Leng Kee to test drive the 120 cab.

It looks nice, but it's quite cramped at the back seats. Performance-wise, it's nothing to shout about though.

I would think the 135 would be great in performance. For the 1-series, IMHO, you should go for at least the 125 but I understand the cab is only for the 120 at the moment....

Alex Yap;360689 said:
i'm very new to all these...u guys say drive longer then dont lose so much..but if i drive say 1 more year...the resale price will drop...so how is it that i lose less?

Well the rate of depreciation slows with every year of ownership. At some point there'll be an "optimal" but where you are right now, it's far from optimal.

If you really wanna switch, scout around for a private deal... don't take the dealer route unless you're in a hurry to let go. Meantime, consider a used E46 - you get a BMW cab with decent room for four, and with a 150k budget you can probably get a 3-litre IL6.

Oilman;360702 said:
Well the rate of depreciation slows with every year of ownership. At some point there'll be an "optimal" but where you are right now, it's far from optimal.

If you really wanna switch, scout around for a private deal... don't take the dealer route unless you're in a hurry to let go. Meantime, consider a used E46 - you get a BMW cab with decent room for four, and with a 150k budget you can probably get a 3-litre IL6.

ahh i see.. just feel that if i sell now i lose 30k..if i sell ine 2 years i lose 40k maybe? but still lose ma so might as well haha

i cant really consider used car...my family kinda against it :( if not i wouldn have bought the 320 liaoz

Eh, depends on how you look at it.
If sell 1 year from now, lose extra $10 (approx). But if buy new car the depreciation will be another $20+k.
However, if you think new car is worth it, then go for it.

Yr 320 definately can sell more than $100k if in good condition.. PML usu offer low price so try to squeeze them on that off the price of new car.

Actually, E46 is a very reliable car, with good handling, space, and solid construction. For $150 you can get a very nice 3+ year old 330cic or younger 325. 6 cylinder beats 4 anytime... running costs are not very high if you service outside.

The convertible shows up the engine sound a lot more 'cos the roof is down.... you will want a nice sounding engine. hee hee

hetraa;360687 said:
oh! saw yr car there on sunday la:) ..

Yah lah.....never call me lah!

U the can!

hehehehe, wat u doing there? Test drive X6 ah?

'The Great White'

tempting! but i need to get a brand new car not used one..coz of family objections :(

i saw a porsche antique car...really liked it...dunno where got sell or how much...u know?

Alex Yap;360494 said:
i paid $128k for it...so technically i lose about $33k

my monthly installment is $800 for 5 years...if i change now...will become $1600 for 5 years..

financial aside...its worth it? is the 120 a good car?? coz i see the engine seems to be the same as the 320i...so means no performance improvement?

i sold mine for $114k (apr 07) but with $15k accessories. use this as a gauge. considered 120 cab but didnt commit becos of waiting time. bought a e200 instead.

Whoa, you don't want few years old used BMW but want antique porsche. :)

Antique porsches are nice but not sure about maintenance etc... try autobahn motors near newton circus... they have a very nice range of sports cars there.

Alex,

Remember this! You are the buyer means you have the upperhand.

Try ask for 6k to 10k more for either your trade in car or less on the New car price.

If they are desperate, they will give in to you.

DRV;360770 said:
Whoa, you don't want few years old used BMW but want antique porsche. :)

Antique porsches are nice but not sure about maintenance etc... try autobahn motors near newton circus... they have a very nice range of sports cars there.

if i buy the antique porsche i will keep my 320i ma so its okie hehe

will check tat out thxxxx :)

Hublot;360786 said:
Alex,

Remember this! You are the buyer means you have the upperhand.

Try ask for 6k to 10k more for either your trade in car or less on the New car price.

If they are desperate, they will give in to you.

buyer = upperhand meh? when i bought the 320i horr...i tot so as well..talked to a few agents all also give abt the same...in fact not very good deal...and when they found out i not taking high/long loan...then they like abit sianzzz and everything also cannot liaoz...

u have a good agent to intro?

Hi, i know this is BM forum, but if you r looking for a small cab, do check out the Audi A3 1.8T. Its the same price as 120i cab, but the A3 is turbo-charged. Most magazine reviews gave the A3 cab a slight edge over the 1 series cab.

sunrise;360799 said:
Hi, i know this is BM forum, but if you r looking for a small cab, do check out the Audi A3 1.8T. Its the same price as 120i cab, but the A3 is turbo-charged. Most magazine reviews gave the A3 cab a slight edge over the 1 series cab.

cool! tats a viable alternative :) i actually considered the audi 1.8...cant rem what and the 323 before i bought my 320...

dunno if i have enuff time to drop by the show room later to have a look hehe

A3 cab is a very beautiful car... :p
However, all front drive Audi's esp. turbos suffer from a lot of torque steer and vague steering.
If you can get past that, the Audi is a good alternative, esp. with their keen pricing.

With PML, you can forget about any sizeable discount... esp those on indent basis 'cos you dun order they dun indent, no loss for them. They're more desparate to sell cars on their lot, esp. funny colours or soon to be replaced models like the current e90 now.

Funny thing about open-top driving, once you've tasted it, you can't live without it.

i went down to Audi but they do not have an A3 on display...coming in next year or something...

price is about the same...i saw the technical spec...seems like its better than 120 but not as good as the 125...

guess i'll wait till year end and then decide :)

Audi and BMW are 2 different cars, different drives (you own a BMW yourself so I'm sure you understand what I mean)...

The specs itself does not say everything... in fact I must admit that for the same price, the Audi range has better specs than BMW.

Many people like Audi convertibles because they're into convertibles for fuss-free open-top cruising in a good-looking car. Performance isn't necessarily on the cards. The Audi will bring you long distances without fuss or complaint, and the ride is pretty good.

The BMW is all about the engines and handling in a usable package (c.f. porsche which is really awesome performance and handling but not totally practical family car).... but not the most usable or most cushy ride around... and the specs are quite aweful for the price.

I got my 335 convertible over anything esle because it is I dare say the only car in the world that provides me with everything I need... good looks, performance, hard-top, handling, 4 adults, decent boot, can fit golf bags and even my dog :)

EOS, and not sure if they do the Focus cabriolet there, but that is good too :) Otherwise buy an MX5 for your top down motoring, and a cheap Honda Jazz or something for when you really need the extra space ;)

after looking at the brochure for bm and audi...the bm seems to look prettier haha

i am just hoping the performance on the 120 is slightly better than my 320...the rep at pml said the 120 is lighter so will be slightly better in performance..dunno how true is tat..

currently not very happy with my 320...some times if i wanna go slightly faster...i can tell that it does not have the extra boost i need :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topcssgallery
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back