Trading in my 320I for 120

Re: Trading in my 320I for 120

Alex Yap;361495 said:
after looking at the brochure for bm and audi...the bm seems to look prettier haha

i am just hoping the performance on the 120 is slightly better than my 320...the rep at pml said the 120 is lighter so will be slightly better in performance..dunno how true is tat..

currently not very happy with my 320...some times if i wanna go slightly faster...i can tell that it does not have the extra boost i need :(

Sorry to cut to the chase, but if you are not happy with your 320 because 'sometimes you want to go faster' then the 120 is not going to come close to solving this for you :)

O.

oliie;361688 said:
Sorry to cut to the chase, but if you are not happy with your 320 because 'sometimes you want to go faster' then the 120 is not going to come close to solving this for you :)

O.

don seem to have much options leh...

cant get a 2 seater coz got family needs

4 seater...the best option in terms of looks and price seems to be the 120..

sianzzzzzzzzzzzz :(

Hi there, I bought the 120i and a few things after owning for a month;

Performance - ok, but it can still send tingles up yr spine when you have yr top down and driving in Manual mode down windy roads ( remember to switch off yr aircon for more HP:) It can be both relaxing and hair raising at the same time as you feel that u r going alot faster. handling is typical BMW, great..

Looks - be prepared to put a smile on anyone u drive it in. yr friends and family will love the feeling when u drive them ard with the top down.

Anway drive with yr heart, if u want both ultimate performance and style in the 1 series, PI in the 125i or even the 135i convertible yr self:)

vone;361720 said:
Hi there, I bought the 120i and a few things after owning for a month;

Performance - ok, but it can still send tingles up yr spine when you have yr top down and driving in Manual mode down windy roads ( remember to switch off yr aircon for more HP:) It can be both relaxing and hair raising at the same time as you feel that u r going alot faster. handling is typical BMW, great..

Looks - be prepared to put a smile on anyone u drive it in. yr friends and family will love the feeling when u drive them ard with the top down.

Anway drive with yr heart, if u want both ultimate performance and style in the 1 series, PI in the 125i or even the 135i convertible yr self:)

thanks for feedback

this is the feedback i am waiting for to give me an excuse to buy it hahaha :)

Alex Yap;361717 said:
don seem to have much options leh...

cant get a 2 seater coz got family needs

4 seater...the best option in terms of looks and price seems to be the 120..

sianzzzzzzzzzzzz :(

Well do you *have* to change car? You want a 4 seater, but you already have one. You want a car with more performance, but the one you are considering doesn't provide it.

Something doesn't add up... unless you just want an excuse to buy a new convertible, but then you take the $$$ hit, and don't do anything about your performance ;)

If you really want better performance and this is the real reason for changing and still need 4 seats then there are lots and lots of better options to consider. If you want a drop top then it is a little harder! ;)

If I was in your shoes I'd stick with the 320 and spend a bit on a proper handling kit (PSS9s etc.) which will give you a new life on the driving experience, and then save the money for when you can get something a little more substantial (130i etc.) to give you a proper performance boost. Just my two cents! ;)

O.

oliie;361738 said:
Well do you *have* to change car? You want a 4 seater, but you already have one. You want a car with more performance, but the one you are considering doesn't provide it.

Something doesn't add up... unless you just want an excuse to buy a new convertible, but then you take the $$$ hit, and don't do anything about your performance ;)

If you really want better performance and this is the real reason for changing and still need 4 seats then there are lots and lots of better options to consider. If you want a drop top then it is a little harder! ;)

If I was in your shoes I'd stick with the 320 and spend a bit on a proper handling kit (PSS9s etc.) which will give you a new life on the driving experience, and then save the money for when you can get something a little more substantial (130i etc.) to give you a proper performance boost. Just my two cents! ;)

O.

I do not really NEED to change car...just that i bought the 320 thinking my mom will drive it...but she doesnt...so i prefer a sportier car...i always wanted a convertible..tats why i am looking at the 120... just that since i ain happy with my 320...would be nice if the next car has better performance - convertible - and dont bankrupt me hehe

Alex Yap;361754 said:
I do not really NEED to change car...just that i bought the 320 thinking my mom will drive it...but she doesnt...so i prefer a sportier car...i always wanted a convertible..tats why i am looking at the 120... just that since i ain happy with my 320...would be nice if the next car has better performance - convertible - and dont bankrupt me hehe

Hahaha ok fair enough ;) The EOS might have the 1.8t in SG to perhaps that is a good route to go down as you get cab, can buy used (just about) and then have huge tuning potential if you get bored... although no propellor on the bonnet :(

O.

oliie;361773 said:
Hahaha ok fair enough ;) The EOS might have the 1.8t in SG to perhaps that is a good route to go down as you get cab, can buy used (just about) and then have huge tuning potential if you get bored... although no propellor on the bonnet :(

O.

Provided mr Alex here likes a FWD car..... which for me is always the clincher.....
RWD convert are far and few,esp those that dont bankrupt u.... even jap cars (s2000, mx5, 350z.. all 2 seats..) so besides the 120i, not much other choice...

Anyway for me, always wanted a RWD conti car that is below 160k... so the 120i is it for me then....

UNLESS...... INFINITI launches here and comes out with the rumoured g37 convert (4 seater)...haha wait a few more years.....

i'm thinking of the copen...cute and cheap...but not very nice...

with the amount of money for the 120i...i can actually buy the copen and keep the 320 hehe

tats why i am also consider an old antique porsche or mg or something.....

i never had an open-top...and always wanted one... sigh.....hard to make decisions if money is an issue :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topcssgallery
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back